Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Filmation Rights for MOTUC Support Thread

Filmation Rights for MOTUC Support Thread

Voice your support for the inclusion of MOTU characters and designs which are currently off-limits for Mattel (especially characters and designs depicted in the Filmation MOTU and POP cartoons) within the new MOTU Classics line.

Support for characters and character designs from other media (such as the NA cartoon and other misc. sources) is welcome here as well. Despite the present state of legal issues regarding these characters and designs, perhaps if enough support is shown, something can be worked out at some point... some way, some how ...

*Thought it would be a good idea to have this be separate from the Wizard World thread, but understand if moved.

Support posts only!
    Last edited by River; September 16, 2009 at 04:23pm.

im up for it, would like to see the cat lady and bat guy (just watched the espisodes but forgot names already).

Classic & 200X fan
    Hopefully we can get the word out to other forums to.

I would buy a figure of everyone pictured there but strongarm.

Is there anyone opposed to Filmation stuff in MotUC?

I don't know everything about the legal rights to the characters and designs, but Mattel should definitely bite the bullet and purchase them. I mean isn't it strange that they own the property, but don't have the rights to all the characters/designs? Buy that stuff up already Mattel.

Bring on the fun Filmation characters! That series had so many great memorable looking characters. I could even go for a pack of Widgets!
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I would definitely buy characters from the old Filmation cartoons. Imagine what the Four Horsemen could do with Batros, Lord Masque, Fang Man, Strongarm and many others as well if given the chance.
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

I would LOVE Filmation characters!

In some cases, I'd prefer them to the D-Lister toy characters, LOL!

J

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I couldn't care less.

but I know some fans LOVE this stuff, so, yeah, why not.
    Last edited by capitalzero; June 24, 2009 at 04:10am.

For characters that were made as toys and included in the Filmation cartoon, I prefer the toy look. The 80’s Mattel toy version of He-Man will always be how I picture He-Man, but I’d love a “bonus” Filmation style He-Man head. I’m definitely all for Filmation characters that were never made as toys.

Even if Mattel never gets the rights to the 1987 movie, I wish they’d at least get permission from Dolph Lundgren to use his likeness. I would at least like to see Dolph’s mug on a Laser Power He-Man. I don’t think that the studio can own Dolph’s face. Plus they can’t have the copyright on the mullet. If so, there’s quite a lot of rednecks (I can’t really think of a nice way to say it) who are violating copyrights.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Definitely sign me up as supporting the notion, but just throwing this out there as an idea, it might be more effective to try and rally around a smaller number of, or even ONE single character.

Just saying that if there were enough people clamoring for say, Strongarm specifically, then Mattel could see how much support there is for that particular character and make a better case for it.

But I'm definitely game for Filmation stuff in the mix! That said, I wouldn't prefer MOTUC to go full-throttle on the Filmation releases (I'd much prefer to prioritize Classic characters) my general philosophy with MotU is the more characters, the better!

Heroic Warrior
    no, the studio does not own Dolph's face, but they DO own Dolph's face as it applies to MOTU, so it can't be done.

Lay-Ze, I understand what you're going for, and while I am supportive of the fans getting Filmation specific characters, personally, I don't care for them, and therefore my support for individual characters would likely not happen. since I just don't care.

Don't forget Scorpia
    I want it all!!! Please give us figures like the Filmation style!
    What would be a Adora withou her Filmation hair and dress? Another person but not Adora. She needs her Filmation Look!
    Also Queen Marlena and many more

Ok, while I would like to see some of the characters from the Filmation series. There are more I think that I could care less about. Then there are issues like Adora's costume. I don't care much for the way she is done in the series. I'm sure the Four Horsemen will make a new outfit that is much better for the Force Captain.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

more figures are allways wecome, get those rights!

Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    Don't forget Scorpia
    Absolutely!

There are so many characters to choose from. So, if I absolutely had to pick and choose, my top ten most coveted would be (in order of preference):

1-Queen Marlena
    2-Shadow Weaver
    3-Force Captain Adora
    4-Scorpia
    5-Lord Masque
    6-Shokoti
    7-Huntara
    8-Lizard Man
    9-Sea Hawk
    10-Dylamug

All of those are really strong characters I think, and would make great action figures. Also, for some reason I almost felt that Dylamug was intended to be a toy initially... It seemed odd that his character was featured so prominently. Wasn't he in several POP episodes? From the above list, there are also a few that I think would be fair game currently, but I feel that their Filmation character designs are nonetheless the most recognizable and familiar (am thinking of Queen Marlena and Adora especially). Crita from the NA cartoon would be snazzy as well!
    Last edited by River; August 19, 2009 at 02:19am.

I definitely want to see some Filmation characters!!

Give us Granamyr already!!

Here are the top ten I'd like to see:

1. Queen Marlena
    2. Granamyr
    3. Shadow Weaver
    4. Dree Elle
    5. Shokoti
    6. Lizard Man
    7. Fang Man
    8. Dragoon
    9. Tullamore w/ wolves
    10. Horde Prime (Although that would be hard to pull off)
    Last edited by dedset13; June 24, 2009 at 06:09am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Popping in to show my support for Filmation characters. I will buy all of them.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I would buy any and all Filmation characters but Shadow Weaver is my out right number one. We Need to have her in this line, she is too important to be left out IMO!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Granamyr doesn't have to be on the list since he has apeared in minicomics.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I love it!! The Filmation characters are very cool design, for me the essence of the vintage line!!

Heroic Warrior
    There are so many really important key characters that were only featured in the cartoon. Queen Marlena for example, and half of the Evil Horde! Not to mention some really cool looking one off characters like Lord Masque, Granita, Sea Hawk, Strong Arm, Lizard Man, Fang Man, Batros, even Plundar.

Elder Councilman
    I'll toss my hat into the ring, as well.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Sign me up! Having these characters would be a dream come true.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Yes I'd love Filmation BASED characters. Do I want the designs ONLY based on what they looked like in the Filmation toons? NO.

So my vote is a yes, with conditions. LOL
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Sing me up!!! I want al of them.