Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Weaver: Fallen Overlord of Trolla that frees Hordak??

Heroic Warrior

Shadow Weaver: Fallen Overlord of Trolla that frees Hordak??

You know, though we'll never know if a Shadow Weaver figure can be made until confirmation, I think a great bio for her would be that she was once a member of the Overlords of Trolla that fell to the dark side. I mean, one can make the argument that SW looks like a human-sized Trollan. Also, people on these forums have suggested that Hordak was a fallen Elder, and though that seems to be false, based on his bio, I see no reason why SW can't be a OoT, especially since they have so much prominence in this canon. Plus, it works well as a plot line since you're gonna need a really powerful being that frees Hordak from Despondos and it tells how she became a member of the Horde. Personally, I'd love this to be the direction they go with SW if she is ever made, as it will make her an even more powerful being than she already is. What do you all think of that theory?

A big fan of Slush Head
    To be honest if she ever gets made, I hope they stick to her classic origin.
    Light Spinner being transformed by the evil magic of Hordak.
    Shadow Weaver caused the downfall of Etheria. She handed the planet to the Horde.
    Her classic origin rocks hard. That's why I hope they don't change it.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I'll be happy with whatever they have to say just as long as she gets a figure.

Man, I really want a Shadow Weaver action figure to be produced!

I agree that the bio should include the Light Spinner storyline.

Maybe she can be a fallen Overlord of Trolla named LightSpinner who let Etheria fall to the Horde by betraying them? I'd buy that.

Funny, I was thinking about her being a fallen overlord the other day... would totally be happy if Mattel went this route for her bio if and when it comes to pass

Whatever! I'll take it! You think I'm giving any weight to MOTUC's mythology or that awful sword of He junk? He-Ro not Adam's ancestor? Bah! It's rubbish, those bios, but I'll accept any bio for her if it helps the figure get made!

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I say if it ain't broke don't fix it. If the idea works in your personal "fanon" I think it's great. But personally, I wouldn't want to see that as her bio. =)

I guess I just feel this way about all the bios too. If a back-story was already created for a character, I don't like it when Mattel rewrites them.

I like that bio...

she could still be Light Spinner... just a Trollan named Light Spinner... or she may have been a "Cosmic Warrior" named Light Spinner, who was sent to Etheria BY the Overlords of Trolla.

Your theory makes me think that Shadow Weaver may have been the 'demon' "in" the Shard of Darkness... (In the MVC comics)
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't know Shadow Weaver had this Light Spinner bio. Was this in a POP episode? It sounds like a great story. Here's the problem, IMO. We're gonna have these back stories, whether we like it or not, and if you don't like it, you can ignore. Some people don't like how they're trying to mesh 200X canon with the mini-comics and Filmation foundation. But, if you try to shoehorn the POP story semi-intact with the changes they made with Hordak and the Evil Horde in the 200X series, it'd gonna be a cluster fuss. When would Hordak have the time to change her from good to evil when he's trapped in Despondos. Not to say he can't change her, but she would have to go see him, like Kelder did, But that would mean she's already evil in the first place. And why give her a back story that would mimic Skeletor's bio? If SW can't be made, then I think Catra should be the one to free him, I think it makes more sense if SW is the one to free him, a task the Evil Lyn & Marzo couldn't do. Also, since the Overlords of Trolla are being made into these powerful beings, why not make SW, who looks like a Trollan with a hoodie, to be the one to release him. Makes sense to me. :-)

Shadow Weaver was a weak sorceress from Etheria & friend of Castaspella (POP episode Price of power), although her name Light Spinner was never mentioned in the episode. Why on Earth would she be from Trolla?

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    I don't mind about her origin, but she seems trollan for me
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Well, Etheria hasn't been mentioned in the bios yet. It'll be interesting to see if they would infact change her origin and leave out any mention of Etheria, or if they will finally bring it up. I guess we'll see whenever She-Ra gets released. I'm sure if they were going to bring Etheria into the mix, She-Ra's bio would discuss it.

BTW, anytime I read "OoT," all my brain can comprehend is "Ocarina of Time."
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I'd be down for them making her an OoT. That gives more weight as to why these supposedly neutral beings would give Ro the Sword of He to Combat evil. It helps balance the shift of power once Hordak is freed or takes over Etheria or whatever.

I prefer her Light Spinner origin, where she's a contemporary of Castaspella. I thought Emiliano's re-design of her was so brilliant because he put elements of Light Spinner into it, like the pink veil and the pink dress peaking out underneath.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

So long as we're on the subject of rogue Overlords of Trolla, could this be a new explanation for Hordak's wizards from the "Powers of Grayskull" episode?

I guess we will have to see in the next couple of months. since Mattel has stopped all Q&A til after the SDCC and Aug 15th. I do wonder how they are going to address Etheria. I guess will find out by the time they release She-ra at the latest

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man54 View Post
    I'd be down for them making her an OoT. That gives more weight as to why these supposedly neutral beings would give Ro the Sword of He to Combat evil. It helps balance the shift of power once Hordak is freed or takes over Etheria or whatever.
    Good point. I think both ideas could be incorporated. Hopefully all of this isn't for naught and we actually get a SW figure out of this line!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    So long as we're on the subject of rogue Overlords of Trolla, could this be a new explanation for Hordak's wizards from the "Powers of Grayskull" episode?
    Hmmmm interesting observation. Who knows. Maybe those guys are fallen Overlords.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I hate the "Overlords of Trolla" concept so much. To me, they're all like Orko. Sure, Uncle Montorg might have been more skilled (or rather, less incompetent), but they never sat right with me.

But, as a kid, I hated Orko. So I'm slightly biased. Trollans just aren't any good at all. In my opinon.

So, any bio/origin of the SW lady that doesn't include Trolla in any fashion whatsoever is a good one with me.
    My buy/sell/trade/wanted/feedback info can be found here:
    http://www.transfotaku.com/wiki/inde...ell/Trade_Info

leave the real origin, she was a sorceres student with castaspella( i love castaspella) and there is one episode where u can see her like a human and that day indeed hordak make her become shadow weaver, u see the transformation, and there is a episode where u see castasella fighting shadoweaver too talking like there were friends before
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Quote Originally Posted by Tifaslover View Post
    I hate the "Overlords of Trolla" concept so much. To me, they're all like Orko. Sure, Uncle Montorg might have been more skilled (or rather, less incompetent), but they never sat right with me.

But, as a kid, I hated Orko. So I'm slightly biased. Trollans just aren't any good at all. In my opinon.

So, any bio/origin of the SW lady that doesn't include Trolla in any fashion whatsoever is a good one with me.
    here here...the idea that the trollans figure so deeply into all of the history on Eternia brings this line down into the realm of "Still trying to appeal to children" The Trollans were a loathsome creation with a back story only large enough to explain why Orko was such a feeble magic user. Shadow Weaver seems to me like the typical Witch leftanant that we see all over in Fantasy. Make her, great, if they don't, no real loss.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Trollans have blue skin and four fingers on each hand Shadow Weaver has green skin and five fingers on each hand. Shadow Weaver is not a Trollan.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    My (possibly stupid) question is: Are the Star Comics off the list of possibility? I feel like I remember something saying that mattel had right to characters/designs from those and several filmation characters (including dree-elle and Shadow Weaver) are in those issues...

I think they should keep the whole "Overlords of Trolla" out of the bio if Shadow Weaver is ever made. I rather see her as another disciple of Hordak. I rather have her appearance during the Great Unrest. Since much is not known about what happened during that time. How long it was and what happened. I still think it would be a good time for her to appear doing Hordak's bidding. Have her as someone who wanted power. One who was willing to give herself completely to Hordak. Similar to like how Evil-Lyn was to Skeletor. I would like to have seen her being responsible for the kidnapping of baby Adora. Like it was said in Secret of the Sword. They knew Adam and Adora were special and destined for something. Maybe they thought they held a power that could free Hordak. Maybe since they're descendants of King Grayskull. And since Weaver did not get both kids. The spell didn't work correctly. Then both Shadow Weaver and Adora were sent into another dimension. Of course, that being Etheria.

Maybe something like this?

Shadow Weaver: Evil Sorceress from The Evil Horde

Light Spinner, who was a gifted Sorceress from the land of Zalesia. Found she had a fascination and talent for the Dark Arts. While in her learning to become more powerful. She stumbled upon a sacred temple. Where she first made contact with Hordak. With the promise to make her the most powerful Sorceress known. She struck the deal that forever changed her into the witch only known as Shadow Weaver. It would be Shadow Weaver's role in the freeing of Hordak and his Evil Horde.
    Last edited by Marvelous0ne; June 26, 2009 at 04:15am.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban