Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lost MOTU Commercial with original animation!

Oh I see it now. I had Adblock Plus on.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Here is the video of the commercial I shot at SDCC. After I recorded the video, I held my iPhone up to the speaker and recorded the audio separately. I sent it over to markatisu who synced it up. So, you can more clearly hear it on this one. It was posted on the He-Man.org Facebook page back when SDCC was going on.
    I see only a black screen... what's goin' on? Somebody can help me, please?
    Thanx!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Widget
    1 of the documentaries on the 30th dvd talks about this or refers to it i believe. it even shows the he-man with shield and the head shot of skeletor. i can't remember the female director who was interviewed off hand but i think she said that something disney animators working on some of the first animation. she have been referring to this commercial.

anyways it's a beautiful commercial and i would love to have a copy for myself.

Lost He-Man Toy Commercial

I was just checking out stuff over on Toy Ark and saw they had posted this video

Anyone see this before or know much about it? Looks like it was animated by Ralph Bakshi.

Never seen it but it's cool nonetheless.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    Thanks Lulu! That made my week.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Never get tired of seeing that clip!!

That would've been one of the best 80's cartoons by far!

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    The commercial is absolutely awesome! The crowd chatter is absolutely dreadful!!! It'd be nice if there were some way to completely remove the crowd chatter from the audio track.

I think I watched this one once before, but it's still pretty awesome. The quality of animation is light years beyond what the Filmation series later produced. What could've been......

The 'Dad' seems very detached in his narration. I find it funny how the early ads for MOTU tried to integrate 'grown ups' into ads geared at kids.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    I think I watched this one once before, but it's still pretty awesome. The quality of animation is light years beyond what the Filmation series later produced. What could've been......
    Commercial animation is usually superior to series animation--witness most of the G.I. Joe and Transformers commercials. I think it has to do with the demands of the two forms--getting a 25-second spot out there allows for more time on the animation than trying to produce 65 episodes. Given that the commercial was a Filmation production, IIRC, there's no real 'could have been', especially since Filmation refused to outsource work unless pushed to it by the direst need. (They only did so once, for their Zorro series.)

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    Commercial animation is usually superior to series animation--witness most of the G.I. Joe and Transformers commercials. I think it has to do with the demands of the two forms--getting a 25-second spot out there allows for more time on the animation than trying to produce 65 episodes. Given that the commercial was a Filmation production, IIRC, there's no real 'could have been', especially since Filmation refused to outsource work unless pushed to it by the direst need. (They only did so once, for their Zorro series.)

Still, if they had gone the extra mile and used THAT kind of animation instead of the stock rotoscope and stock poses it may have been a bit better than it was.

Not hating on the old toon, just wishing it could've been on the same scale as that commercial since seeing it again.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.