Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost MOTU Commercial with original animation!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Sweet, thanks for all the links, that clip is fantastic.

Love Teela's awesome spear toss, especially the angle and how it's really coming at you.

Great stuff!

Cool commercials.Thanks.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

Pretty interesting seein these commericals in french.

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TIRPITZ View Post
    Hey, fellow He-Fans!

Check out these links : These are french MOTU TV commercials for Castle Grayskull and the Attak-Trak from 1983. It features the "lost" animated cartoon made by Filmation. Simply awesome!
    Also, you'll notice the background music, straight from the Blackstar TV show!

Enjoy!

http://www.ina.fr/pub/culture-loisir...titans.fr.html

http://www.ina.fr/pub/culture-loisir...nivers.fr.html
    Is that cartoon actually lost? Was it made specifically for those commercials? Was it ever available in English?
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Chris here...

Thank you so much for linking us up with these!! The animated footage in these is something of a "holy grail" for Filmation fans - I've been wanting to see these for 10 years but no footage of them animated has ever been located until now!!

As Jukka correctly points out, this isn't everything that was animated, and I reckon it's possible that what you're seeing in these commercials is an excerpt from a longer animated commercial that was aired in the US. But, it's much, much, much more than we've ever had before!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

I remember seeing this as a child on TV. They played this in the Netherlands or Belgium too.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    I'm glad someone just bumped this thread because I totally missed it in June.

I am so glad to have finally seen part of the old animation that has been lost for years.

This is simply amazing.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

I noticed that the staff Teela throws to He-Man is the same one the new MOTUC Goddess figure has.

I wonder if this is supposed to be the same one?

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    I noticed that the staff Teela throws to He-Man is the same one the new MOTUC Goddess figure has.

I wonder if this is supposed to be the same one?
    Looks kind of like one of the Grayskull weapons. (weapons rack that came with Castle Grayskull)
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Yes, this is the same staff that was sported by the original Teela figure prototype (as seen on Castle Grayskull box).

Teela and the Goddess were originally one and the same character (at least toy-wise) in the original toyline...
    In MOTUC, Mattel decided to make two separate figures... so it makes sense that the Goddess has her original staff, while Teela keeps her Kobra serpent staff (of staff of Ka, as it is now known as).

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    Is that cartoon actually lost? Was it made specifically for those commercials? Was it ever available in English?
    It's animation from the commercial that Filmation made, so yeah, it was available in english.

And original features more footage... and is extremely hard to find.

Man, those were great!

I love the look and feel of these animations! Glad I was able to view them, thanks much!

Lost Filmation Animation

Excellent finding!! I vaguely remember this very first animated commercial, I just remember I was around 5 years when I saw it for the first time, so it was around 1981-82.

I think there was a complete animated commercial, which was very, very short. I just remember there was some battle outside the castle (what happened inside, I do not remember clearly) and some warriors taking positions (which I could not identify because I have no idea of their names).

I also remember there was a loud male voice that remembered to the kids that these were the masters of the universe. I could not compare the animation to anything I have seen before, I just remember it was "dark". Like Marvel's X-men.

WOW! Thanks for those! I did not understand a word that was being said...but the animation certainly kicked some ass! Too cool the way He-Man was falling and Teela threw the staff for him to catch to spring him back to safty. I really wish Skeletor wouldn't run away all the time though. What a wuss
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Heroic Warrior
    Incredible! Thanks for posting that. I would love a new MOTU cartoon in that style. That's what the 200X toy line and cartoon should have been like.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
    Incredible! Thanks for posting that. I would love a new MOTU cartoon in that style. That's what the 200X toy line and cartoon should have been like.
    Unfortunatly that kind of animation is now a lost art.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ryno View Post
    WOW! Thanks for those! I did not understand a word that was being said...but the animation certainly kicked some ass! Too cool the way He-Man was falling and Teela threw the staff for him to catch to spring him back to safty. I really wish Skeletor wouldn't run away all the time though. What a wuss
    A wuss? Nah. It was a simple strategical retreat.

Just saw these! REALLY cool.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Unfortunatly that kind of animation is now a lost art.
    Sadly, I know. I was even going to write that in my post. Man, cartoons suck so much now a days. In fact, so do movies, television, music, comics, etc. I really miss the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
    Sadly, I know. I was even going to write that in my post. Man, cartoons suck so much now a days. In fact, so do movies, television, music, comics, etc. I really miss the 80's.
    There are some exceptions... personaly I like a lot Ben 10 and Wolverine & X-men.

Very cool.I love how the animation is a little different.Skeletor and Grayskull look great.Thanks for sharing this rare gem with us!
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

awesome stuff even after all these years. i really like the style of it

it is a bit more gritty and dark than what we are used to
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by TIRPITZ View Post
    Hey, fellow He-Fans!

Check out these links : These are french MOTU TV commercials for Castle Grayskull and the Attak-Trak from 1983. It features the "lost" animated cartoon made by Filmation. Simply awesome!
    Also, you'll notice the background music, straight from the Blackstar TV show!

Enjoy!

http://www.ina.fr/pub/culture-loisir...titans.fr.html

http://www.ina.fr/pub/culture-loisir...nivers.fr.html
    Very cool! It's like the minicomics come to life in animation!!!
    Who has the Power?

the animation reminds me of an early version of the animation you'd see in movies like Heavy Metal or the animated segments of Creepshow.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Looked a bit like the animation for Skeleton warriors. Id love to see a whole series animated like this for classics. But as others have said, it seems to be a lost art to make an animated series that is not overly cartoony and anime in style.
    Was great seeing Teela use her old spear that came with Green Goddess.
    Last edited by Rodster6; January 29, 2010 at 03:28pm.