Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Skeletors Hover Robot Soldiers / Robot Knights

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Dude! Where did you get those? More importantly, where can I get them! I would like these in a multipack with various interchangable pieces for "customizing" (ie, Battle Damaged or dirty)

No no nonono! to the Twistoid repainted as Robot Knights suggestion.

If we are ever to get Robot Knights, I want them just as I remember them from the cartoons. Same way I want Marlena with a green dress and Adora the way we received her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Dude! Where did you get those? More importantly, where can I get them! I would like these in a multipack with various interchangable pieces for "customizing" (ie, Battle Damaged or dirty)
    I agree. Answer please! And include all ingredients. These Robot Knights look awesome!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

They're customs, and are (or at least were) available for purchase via some websites before. But with the .org policy against replicas of copyrighted stuff, I don't think it should be discussed too much.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    No, I don't want these guys.

Giving Skeletor armies of footsoldiers takes away from what makes him special among the villains of the MOTU verse. He should be a leader of a small band of ne'er-do-wells and outcasts, not a guy commanding a huge army.
    That's true for the first series of minicomics, but in the second series (which is still pre-Filmation), Skeletor's forces attacked the royal palace under the command of Tri-Klops (The Power of... Point Dread!).

Those warriors were humanoids, and I think they would be much better as a Classics army than a bunch of tin cans.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

A friend of mine made them, I ended up selling them on eBay, but surprisingly didn't get that much for them. (I should have sold them each separately.)

He made a total of 12 I got 5 of the 12 he made. They we're not mass produced. And he's not going to make anymore.

i always liked skeletor's robot knights. i was suprised they didnt show up in more episodes as a kid. i always figured: "why bother fighting he-man all those times when you can just send the troops" it would be interesting to see what the 4H can do with them

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I think a Twistoid figure painted grey and black with yellow eyes would suffice as a replacement for the hover droids from Filmation.
    ...really?

I pushed it pretty far on the colours, and that still doesn't look particularly close, shall we say...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'd rather have skeleton warriors, either from the old comics or the MYP series over this robot knights. I'm not a big fan of Skeletor relying on technology and robots (or a robot army) all the time. Using Faker once or twice or having Tri-Klops or Trap Jaw build something once in a while works for me, but otherwise...no.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Look what I just made! I'm planning on making an "AcultCollector's crafts and customs" thread with downloadable character cutouts, as well as miniature MOTUC mini comics and miniature instruction booklets, and other fun projects you can make yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    I'd rather have skeleton warriors, either from the old comics or the MYP series over this robot knights. I'm not a big fan of Skeletor relying on technology and robots (or a robot army) all the time. Using Faker once or twice or having Tri-Klops or Trap Jaw build something once in a while works for me, but otherwise...no.
    These, but bigger

That would be cool too.

He-Bro what did you use for the background? Also, how do I get a hold of some of those skeletons? I've been looking but can't find any that don't come with the play set. Ideally I'd like to get enough to fill up my Battle bones
    A little bigger would be nice yes.

I definitely want these guys one day. They are long over due. An army builder 3- pack would be great.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

One day they had a sale for $7.00 for the play-set, so I bought 5 of them, (I already had one, so now I had 6 Mutant warriors. Most of the sets I gave away to Good Will (Without the mutant Warriors, one I sold on eBay.)

I figured that if they sold the figure separate back then, he would have been about $7.00 anyway, so same price.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    ...really?

http://he-man.org/forums/boards/atta...chmentid=55335

I pushed it pretty far on the colours, and that still doesn't look particularly close, shall we say...
    Haha... I actually think that looks pretty good. He just needs to lose a bit of weight is all. If his head is removable in MOTUC, you could take it off and just slap a Horde Trooper head on it.. lol...

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    A friend of mine made them, I ended up selling them on eBay, but surprisingly didn't get that much for them. (I should have sold them each separately.)

He made a total of 12 I got 5 of the 12 he made. They we're not mass produced. And he's not going to make anymore.

So what you are saying is that I own 2 figures from a 12 figure run?

I didn't buy mine on ebay. I bought them from the website.

Anyways, I love mine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    So what you are saying is that I own 2 figures from a 12 figure run?

I didn't buy mine on ebay. I bought them from the website.

Anyways, I love mine!!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...5/P1040261.jpg
    Yep, crazy. Which site did you get them from, those look like the ones I painted. Is the chest sticker glossy paper too?

Heroic Greed Horder Analog Jote's Avatar
    Yes, I would love to get the Hover knights, I always loved the design, and they make for great cannon fodder troops for Skeletor's army. Its a shame they can't just do something a similar, but far away enough design-wise that it wouldn't infringe on any copyrights. Hopefully they eventually get the filmation rights though.

I've said it before and I will say it again, Mattel needs to just pay the (I'm imagining, steep) price and buy the rights to the Filmation characters. I think the line has proven to be a success. Surely, they know that they could make even a Melaktha figure and fans would buy him up in a nanosecond...well, maybe a few nanoseconds.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    As a kid I wanted those Filmation robot soldiers so bad. It would be great to finally have them as motu figures. I'm not as hyped as I use to be but I would still order 4 or so of them.
    Right now I really would like the skeleton/armor knights from the 200X comic. I would buy several. same for the black/armor knights from the 80s movie. My love for the movie black/knights hasn't changed. They were cool.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I would love them. They're in my top 5 filmation characters that I wanna see get the rights to & made.
    Does Galactus fart?

This thread needs a bump. I want Robot Knights in MOTUC!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I too don't care much for Skeletor using the technology but I would like the robots as a 2 pack.
    Those custom robots are amazing

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    These strike me as Orko-style pack-ins more than anything else. Maybe do a $30 set with Dree-Elle & Montork vs. (2) Hover Robots?

I don't like the idea that Skeletor uses floating robots as a part of his army. I'd much prefer they Did the Skeleton soldiers from the MVC comic the Skelcons from the ladybird books and the 200x ram-headed skeleton warriors.
    Last edited by Coptur; July 24, 2011 at 01:30pm.