Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: White Mailer Box discussion

The real question is why isn't Mattel sending me an advance copy to review!?!
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by shdwknt View Post
    Dedboy and I have had this very simular discussion..

it doesnt matter how well you pack the figures AFTER the damage has been done..

a LOT of these figures are being damaged either right off of the line.. or as they are being shipped from factory to distro

its such a sad sight too
    I agree, the real question is how are the figures being shipped from China to the U.S.? The distributor can pack these in a lead box filled with feathers but if the cards were damaged out of the factory then it doesn't really matter. Now, are these outer mailing boxes going to be in place from manufacture or distribution? And how carefully are the figures going to be placed in what appears to be a pretty tight fitting box? I ruined my KG outer box because it was such a tight fit to the inner box and I couldn't get them apart easily.

Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    These are a real waste of trees. The issue is not with the outer boxes being dinged. I had a shipping box that was crushed on one corner and oddly enough the figures on that side of the box were in the best shape.

What Mattel has to take note of is that the cards are being dented, dinged, and bent at the factory at some stage before they are being shipped. Now they are just packing up an already bent up card into more packing material. Pretty pointless and just wasteful in the long run.

The solution is teaching proper handling at the factories. With the insane demand for these things I don't really fault the factory workers for having to juggle them though. Must be a real nut house in the factory.
    I see your point, but these aren't huge runs of figures in the tens of thousands. It certainly should not be a nut house in a factory producing 10,000 figures a month, and if it is then maybe Mattel should find some new factories to deal with. Maybe somewhere in the UNITED STATES for instance. I don't know, just my opinion.
    Last edited by jzguitars; July 17, 2009 at 10:36pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

White Mailer boxes a success?

now we've had He-Ro and Triklops sent out in white mailer boxes how has the quality of the cards increased for you?

Being in the UK i'm still awaiting my He-Ros and even a shipping confirmation for triklops, but I'm curious to just how much good the mailer boxes are doing for the MOC collectors out there
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    The white box work for me.

I guess i am one of the few (or the only one) that there was nothing wrong with my cards. But for me the card is not that important since i dont collect MOC

I like the white box idea. My only suggestion is for Matty to put a sticker or print on the box which character is inside. I think it would help for those that go unopened and it serves as easy storage to put them back in the white box if you don't plan to display them immediately.

All the He-Ro's I got from the con were still damaged inside their white boxes. I'm sure it will help to prevent a lot of the damage that I had seen from packing the figures, but there is still damage done in packing them into the white mailers it seems. Sircory...I was just gonna some little white labels and mark them myself.
    From far away you look like and idiot, but when I get close I'm sure!

Grisle's Feedback Thread
    Grisle's BST Thread

I am just a little worried that "Masters of the Universe" is plastered all over the box. I can see a few more of these going "missing" in transit now, would prefer it if they were not advertising what is inside the package!

The white mailers are still inside of a cardboard box that has no advertising of MOTU on it at all. Nothing to worry about.

Grisle's Feedback Thread
    Grisle's BST Thread

Heroic Warrior
    It works much better in my opinion. The top corners still seem to be warped a little, but nowhere near the damage I've seen on previous figures.

I think it was detrimental to my He-Ro.

I don't know what happened but my white box was completely crushed in the top left corner = card bent and creased. So I called Mattel and they told me I had to pay to return it.

That's terrible costumer service if you ask me. We shouldn't have to pay for that. And I said to the CSR, "You paid for the last return when I received a damaged product."

So, she says, "That was free the first time - now you have to pay as this is your second return."

That is complete B.S. I just decided to live with it. So, I'm supposed to invest another $8 dollars on this one figure. Making that $36 for an already expensive toy.

/Not happy.

Yeah...gotta love it when Matty knows they got you by the balls. It would be another story if they produced terrible figures. Unfortunately, they produce two of my favorite lines in MOTUC and DCUC. It's a very abusive relationship.

Grisle's Feedback Thread
    Grisle's BST Thread

I have received 8 He-Ro's in the white mailer and everyone has been undamaged. I will know about Tri Klops on Monday

My JLU figures in the white mailers have been undamaged

Its a pretty good track record.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

The white mailer boxes have worked for me so far. Before He-Ro, the employees at Digital River always got the bright idea to pack my figures upside down. By the time they got across the country by way of UPS, the top of the cards were in very bad shape. I don't think I've ever seen another company repeatedly do something so idiotic.

I never had problems with the cards being damaged with our without the white mailer boxes.

My King Grayskull outer boxes did get banged up a little, but it appears to be more from the factory than from the shipment.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Quote Originally Posted by baronindy View Post
    If they were really worried about how the Fans feel about the protection of their figures. Instead of coming up with their "briliant" white mailer boxes that you have to open to enjoy the Figure. They should have taken a que from Hasbro with their G.I.Joe clear protective plastic cases. To me that would have been smarter and shown the fans that they actually might care a little bit about how we feel.
    JD

In a perfect world my friend, in a perfect world.

Quote Originally Posted by baronindy View Post
    If they were really worried about how the Fans feel about the protection of their figures. Instead of coming up with their "briliant" white mailer boxes that you have to open to enjoy the Figure. They should have taken a que from Hasbro with their G.I.Joe clear protective plastic cases. To me that would have been smarter and shown the fans that they actually might care a little bit about how we feel.
    JD
    Never. That'd cut into their profit margin or increase the price by $5.

Money, money, money!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The white mailer box He-Ro came in was perfect for me and it was shipped with Egon and slimer from the Ghostbusters line. Honestly, once I opened the white mailer box I didn't really inspect He-Ro's card as I open all my figures for display. I can't say if it was damaged or clean. My recollection tells me the card was alright but once again, I wasn't looking too hard. I'll try to inspect it closer when I get my Tri-Klops.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master Of Bad Luck
    The box work for me. All cards are perfect.
    We are ka-tet. We are one from many

Don't hesitate in make deals with: JeMaBo2, air23cnhit.

Quote Originally Posted by Raining Light View Post
    I dont think an outer shipping box will help the issues I have.
    My problem isnt from the outside but within.
    They are squeezing the card into boxes that are to small-
    which causes bent corners etc etc.

An outershipping box will not help this.
    I completely agree although I think they bend the card, then put it in the white mailer

My Triklops card was perfect - at least until I ripped it into pieces opening him up.

My He-Ro Cards were A-OK with the box. Haven't gotten my Tri-Klops yet. He's coming Monday.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I think the mailer boxes are a nuisance and sort of a waste of money for Mattel. I'd rather have extra accessories or use the savings for a unique part.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I think the mailer boxes are a nuisance and sort of a waste of money for Mattel. I'd rather have extra accessories or use the savings for a unique part.
    I agree 100%. I think if the MOTUC packaging was designed better (more like DCUC or Hasbro's Marvel Legends packaging) the white mailer boxes wouldn't have been needed.

Bang your head!!!
    I mentioned to another member that rather than having a cardboard box, they should have used a translucent box much like how some stores put out DVDs that have these cases:
    http://onceuponageek.com/images/iron_man_dvd1.jpg

It would be a great way to display as well as protect.
    Also, the MOTUC logo could either be a sticker on the box or be printed on

Mattel, sound like a good idea?...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/