Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: White Mailer Box discussion

I received 4 He ro figures in the white shipping boxes and the cards are very close to mint. If Tri klops shows up in this condition.....well I'll be sold on this method.. one to open and a MOC figure no complaining here...

Heh, oh MOC collectors... how long before people start demanding additional packaging to protect their MOTU white mailers?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    Heh, oh MOC collectors... how long before people start demanding additional packaging to protect their MOTU white mailers?
    Nah, I don't see that one, but it's a funny thought. I got my Tri-Klops today and the mailers aren't working so great. The figure I opened had two bent corners on the top. It's a nice idea but not working if the cards are bent up when they are put in the box.

All my figures have arrived perfect with the mailers. Before at least one was bent to hell.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I got my TK today and 3 were perfect while 1 was a little bent, but still in better shape than any of my other cards from Matty. I love the mailers so far, but I know the cards can still be damaged either way. I've just never received cards in such great shape.
    From far away you look like and idiot, but when I get close I'm sure!

Grisle's Feedback Thread
    Grisle's BST Thread

meh. my figures have come to me from the beginning in great shape. the mailer box hasn't helped me at all.

in fact it is annoying since i have one more thing i have to open.

for example i bought 5 he-ros(trying to get all stone colors) and had to open them all to find out what stone they all had then pack them pack into boxes. way more labor intensive
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

For me it will make my storage easier, since I keep my boxes (just open them enough to take the fugure out). Anyway I haven't recieved my He-Ro or the Mail confirmation for the Shipment of Tryclops, so I didn't get the chance to see how they really work protecting the figures. At this momemt I had no issues regarding the packages, all of them were in good conditions, no folds and no major damages.

My He-Ro figures arrived in great condition, but the one Tri-Klops I opened had a bent corner on top.

Maybe this has been discussed and I missed it, but I noticed the white mailer for He-Ro was bigger than the white mailer Tri-Klops came in. It had additional cardboard flaps and a bottom identical to the top, too. I also noticed the copyright date on the He-Ro mailer said 2008, and the copyright on the Tri-Klops mailer said 2009.

My horrible nature is making those boxes more of a hassle than they should be! I understand the MISB collectors, but I'm a opener all the way....I'm also, sadly, a little OCD when it comes to packages. Takes me years to throw them away! I'm always under the impression that I'm going to do something with them. What? I don't know. In any case, the boxes are nothing but white with the MotUC logo on them....but they're so pretty. What the heck am I gona do with them? Nothing. Why can't I throw them away!?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    What the heck am I gona do with them? Nothing. Why can't I throw them away!?
    Just an idea

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/36/99...f6dd0f1a_o.jpg
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    how can anyone complain about the shipper box? This should have been done along time ago. And for 20$ for a adult collectors figure it should have protection from the start. And how can people think the price will go up? $20 for a regular action figure is insane but we are all hooked. They already charge 8 bucks for ground shipping which im sure it dosnt cost them that much.

Heroic Warrior
    The white mailers are helping a LITTLE.. but I have still received figures that the tops are just destroyed..

I ordered 12 heroes, and 10 Tri-clops and I would say that Hero was taken care of a little better then tri-clops as I only had 2 purple stone versions come in dog earred

But most of my triclops where dog earred to death - one was actually creased and veined..

Now again I will say its BETTER then the past figures i have received.. I just finished putting all my hordaks and Man-At-Arms away and most of those boxes are jacked.. but they are still having problems in the factory where the tops of the cards are getting all bent.

Previous factory expreiance would have me believe that the cards are assembled top down.. and when they are coming off of the belt they have a shaped feeder that the figures slide down into like a funnel system

Like this:

(bottom of card) [figure] (top of card) >--(feeder system) and the top edges of the card are banging off of the sides of this shaped system and bending up..

Its the only thing I can think of that would cause the damage like that..

If not the package assembly then the actuall packing station they are going to does.. and its hitting at a very high rate of speed - or very hard to bend and crease the corners that bad.

Either way - its definitly getting better.. just not quite perfected.
    Http://www.rickstoyroom.com My Website - Newly redesigned
    http://flickr.com/photos/shdwknt My Toy Collection

My horrible nature is making those boxes more of a hassle than they should be! I understand the MISB collectors, but I'm a opener all the way....I'm also, sadly, a little OCD when it comes to packages. Takes me years to throw them away! I'm always under the impression that I'm going to do something with them. What? I don't know. In any case, the boxes are nothing but white with the MotUC logo on them....but they're so pretty. What the heck am I gona do with them? Nothing. Why can't I throw them away!?
    Alexx...I know what you mean! I can't ever seem to get rid of those boxes either...even the outer mailing boxes, b/c they are somehow attached to the MOTU figure...

while I like that the white mailer's going to protect my figs more (and make the unopened ones easier to store) I can't tell who's in it unless I make a chart of the product number. additionally this (tri-klops) being the first shipment...my outer box came in the worst condition it has ever been in...thank KING GRAYSKULL for the mailer! Though corner were still slightly bent on both my Tri-Klops

Though I totally understand that it's most likely UPS/delivery service's fault for the condition of the package.
    Iused to work on a recieving doc, and have seen how they load/unload trucks.

in conclusion...white mailer a plus in my book!
    AWESOME TRADERS:
    Sammy Banderas/jcb1973/Troy-Klops/Mystical musician/Daviono1089

MY .ORG FEEDBACK

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

"I Do hope you don't bruise easily He-Man!"
    ~Stevetor~

What the heck am I gona do with them? Nothing. Why can't I throw them away!?
    You sound like my late mom. She couldn't throw anything away. She would keep milk jugs, butter dishes, etc. But if it is causing you this much distress then you should get rid of them and give them to me!

I LOVE the white mailers. My MAA figure was tore up when I received him and had to ship him back to get a replacement. He-Ro and Tri-Klops were in excellent condition due to the mailers. Thanks Matty!
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

You could offer them up in the marketplace, there are a couple of people looking for extra mailers!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I received my 2x He-Ro this morning. After removing from mailer, one was mint, but the other had a nasty crease on the top left corner (as well as the paper insert on the base being all screwed up).

Kind of defeats the point of the mailer if boxes are still going to get beaten up like this.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    I received my 2x He-Ro this morning. After removing from mailer, one was mint, but the other had a nasty crease on the top left corner (as well as the paper insert on the base being all screwed up).

Kind of defeats the point of the mailer if boxes are still going to get beaten up like this.
    The He-Ro I opened was kinda like that too. These boxes unfortunately won't protect from the damage that happens before they put figures in these boxes.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

I have been loving this idea of the white boxes and so far very happy that Matty did do this with the MOTU figures. Its been a long time coming I do believe.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Some place between boredomness and stability
    I just got my He-Ro today, and the card was perfect. I never had any problems with the cards before, but this one came in a better shape yet.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    People with warped card issues even though the figures are being sent in mailers - do you happen to live in a humid area?

I have not had any problems with warped cards, but I live in Arizona. Shipping from Cali to Arizona doesn't really run in to any humidity. I have not had any damaged cards or figures at all. This could also be attributed to the short mailing distance.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

White mailer box conspiracy theory(?)

My Tri-Klops was the first figure I've received in the white mailer box, and I noticed that both the plastic blister and the box bear the same embossed serial number.

Why would Mattel do that? The cost of the equipment and the time to stamp and tape the boxes might not be much, but still why add a layer to the production and distribution costs?

I'm not putting on my tin foil hat just yet, but it got me wondering; how many of you out there are buying more copies of individual figs so you can have a "complete" collection? I guess I am aiming this at MOC collectors most, but how many are keeping:
    1) a figure to open
    2) to keep MOC on display
    3) to keep sealed in the matching white mailer box?

The facts that the box was stamped with the same number by a different machine and that the box was taped got me thinking this conspiracy theory. My radar goes off when I perceive that someone might be trying to take advantage of me and my fellow collectors. Thoughts?

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

What, what, and what?

What exactly is the conspiracy here?
    Why does the white mailer box having a serial number and having tape on it constitute a conspiracy?

The boxes are sealed so that the items are protected. The serial number is probably there so that the warehouse can tell one figure apart from another.

While all figures so far have sold out before the next one is released, it is possible that at some point down the road, there could be some figures left over from a prior month when the next figure gets released. They need some way of telling the figures apart.

Plus, starting in October, there's going to be bonus figures, and starting in November, they will be releasing previous figures (starting with He-Man). They will all likely be coming in white mailer boxes as well. They will want something on the white mailer box to tell them apart so the right product is pulled and shipped.

I don't get why you consider this a conspiracy.

I personally am opening one figure and keep another MOC, but I have no intention of buying a 3rd and keeping it in the white mailer box. I don't see why anyone would want to do that (since aside from the serial number, the boxes will all look identical or near-identical). But if someone chooses to, it's their perogative.

But I really don't see what exactly the "conpiracy" is here. How is Mattel putting the figures in a white mailer box with a serial number and tape some kind of evil, terrible thing?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

well I, for one, have been buying one to keep and one to mass reproduce and sell for a profit. With the outlandish price the first few figures were selling for on ebay, who wouldn't?

Really though, you may be on to something but I don't think that would be why Mattell would do serial numbers. I doubt they would even notice if their product was being reporduced. Take for example all the customs that were going up on ebay and were being sold (MOC) that were MOTUC. I don't think Mattell was adding a serial number to make sure that there was a difference between theirs and those... I think they are just continuing to make a better and better product out of something (I think) they honestly didn't think was going to last.
    Auto-reply: out of the office until further notice, please shoot me an e-mail below or wait for a long time to hear back... happy MOTUCing

E-mail me:
    boggs32@marshall.edu

Thanks Guys! (my Positives in TR):
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...threadid=62577

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post

The boxes are sealed so that the items are protected. The serial number is probably there so that the warehouse can tell one figure apart from another.

While all figures so far have sold out before the next one is released, it is possible that at some point down the road, there could be some figures left over from a prior month when the next figure gets released. They need some way of telling the figures apart.

Plus, starting in October, there's going to be bonus figures, and starting in November, they will be releasing previous figures (starting with He-Man). They will all likely be coming in white mailer boxes as well. They will want something on the white mailer box to tell them apart so the right product is pulled and shipped.

I don't get why you consider this a conspiracy.

I personally am opening one figure and keep another MOC, but I have no intention of buying a 3rd and keeping it in the white mailer box. I don't see why anyone would want to do that (since aside from the serial number, the boxes will all look identical or near-identical). But if someone chooses to, it's their perogative.

But I really don't see what exactly the "conpiracy" is here. How is Mattel putting the figures in a white mailer box with a serial number and tape some kind of evil, terrible thing?
    I don't buy the idea of using them as identifying markers. These are not bar codes to be scanned or color-coded stickers. These are very difficult to see and since when does the warehouse have multiple figures in stock at once for someone to screw up on? We'll see when a month comes along with a bonus figure if the boxes have a distinguishing mark. I bet they will.

And I'm not accusing Mattel of a conspiracy, I'm just asking if anyone else smells something funny. I guess not.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbigbo View Post
    And I'm not accusing Mattel of a conspiracy, I'm just asking if anyone else smells something funny. I guess not.
    I don't see what 'funny thing' there could possibly be to 'smell'.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"