Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 288

Thread: White Mailer Box discussion

  1. #251
    Heroic Warrior atlas0413's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    270

    Who is keeping their packaging and mailers from opened figures

    I have every figure released to date and have opened all of them leaving me with LOTS of little white boxes everywhere. My wife told me to sort them out or they are going in the bin so i sat down today and cut off the cardbacks and put the rest in the bin. It didnt hurt as bad as i thought it would and i can put my clothes in the cupboard again.

    What is happening to the packaging from the rest of the collectors who open their figures and is opened packaging worth anything for resale?

  2. #252
    Heroic Warrior mac&cheesier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    325
    Good question, what can we do with so many empty mailer boxes? Any value to trade or sell?

  3. #253
    Heroic Warrior vadersfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,784
    I have kept EVERY box and mailer for me but then again I can't see dumping those. I am done displaying them I want to be able to put them back in their box.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

  4. #254
    Heroic Warrior atlas0413's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    I have kept EVERY box and mailer for me but then again I can't see dumping those. I am done displaying them I want to be able to put them back in their box.
    When i am finished displaying mine i have been putting them all in a big plastic box all together (with a towel between rows)

  5. #255
    Heroic Warrior vadersfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,784
    Yeah my friend that is 1 way of putting them away. I also get X2 of everything as well that is in the sub and 30th for next yr. So to me keeping everything and boxing it up in big brown boxes and labeling it is a great way for more added protection when I am throwing boxes around to get to certain items since I have collected 4 different lines over the years. Plus its cool to me cause I know where to search for something when I am looking for a different display and plus the GF wants me to keep the boxes and the mailers.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

  6. #256
    Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by atlas0413 View Post
    I have every figure released to date and have opened all of them leaving me with LOTS of little white boxes everywhere. My wife told me to sort them out or they are going in the bin so i sat down today and cut off the cardbacks and put the rest in the bin. It didnt hurt as bad as i thought it would and i can put my clothes in the cupboard again.

    What is happening to the packaging from the rest of the collectors who open their figures and is opened packaging worth anything for resale?
    I keep all the blister packaging and the white mailer boxes. I bought some big cardboard boxes (like the ones you use when you move, for example) and they can hold a lot of those mailer boxes. The big cardboard boxes are stored in the attic.



    Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheesier View Post
    Good question, what can we do with so many empty mailer boxes? Any value to trade or sell?
    I did indeed notice that some people sell (perhaps even trade) the blisters and/or white mailer boxes on Ebay.



    Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    I have kept EVERY box and mailer for me but then again I can't see dumping those. I am done displaying them I want to be able to put them back in their box.
    Indeed, same here.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

  7. #257
    Heroic Warrior Firesoullove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    637
    Sorry but I think to keep the empty boxes and opened packaging is insane...the back-cards...ok...but the rest is garbage...not more...

  8. #258
    Heroic Warrior citizens_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Nantyglo, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    Sorry but I think to keep the empty boxes and opened packaging is insane...the back-cards...ok...but the rest is garbage...not more...
    i feel the same, i keep the card backs and all the rest of the packaging goes... i don't have the space for it.
    my feedback thread

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=218428



    selling off my entire motu classics collection, here's a link to one of my auctions..... check out my other items 43 auctions total.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/120886470944...84.m1555.l2649

  9. #259
    Heroic Warrior MrRoboto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Posts
    2,794
    I used to keep the mailers but space is an issue with the line growing seemingly quicker and quicker. The packaging i turf out as i collect loose and MOC.

  10. #260
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Ive kept a mailer for each MOC figure I have, they are all stored in couple of big 'U-Move' boxes in the shed! If I ever move house Im gonna use em to transport my MOC's! all the cards and mailers from my loose collection go straight in the bin!

    but I kept the little sheets of 'Tissue Paper' so that I can wrap my Loose figs to transport!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  11. #261
    Heroic Warrior ManKindRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    410
    I keep the empty mailers, well a few on hand to mail out trades with other collectors. They work great with a bubble envelope inside. My way of recycling the box.

  12. #262
    Pretty cool, huh? a-star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    512
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

  13. #263
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    Sorry but I think to keep the empty boxes and opened packaging is insane...the back-cards...ok...but the rest is garbage...not more...
    For you that may be fine, but for others it is their preference...insanity is a state of mind....insanity is paying $20+ for an action figure with many QC issues...but as you can see on that point we are all insane...so how does keeping cardboard compare in insanity level to actually buying expensive plastic toys as an adult, that most of us don't even play with?

    Nothing wrong with keeping the boxes if you want to, loose or not, it's your preference. I have a MOSC collection...I also have the Zoloworld cases...but to me the mailer is part of the figure, and I will if I ever have to break down all of the cases into one box, as they can be stacked together like they were originally shipped to me....each figure back into it's own mailer, and the mailers stacked neatly inside boxes....the ZW cases are larger, and would take up much more room in packing boxes if every figure was left in those...And if moving or storing I would rather the ZW cases take up a smaller box all stacked together, than have an extra bigger box for the Classics left in those cases that wouldn't all fit in another box because those cases were bigger than the mailers.

    If you prefer to toss them, that is you preference....I myself see the need for keeping them for more than one reason. I get it may be a little different for loose collectors, as the mailer and package aren't really needed anymore.....but some prefer to keep what they want to keep...then so be it.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 18, 2011 at 10:36am.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  14. #264
    Pretty cool, huh? a-star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Nothing wrong with keeping the boxes if you want to, loose or not, it's your preference. I have a MOSC collection...I also have the Zoloworld cases...but to me the mailer is part of the figure, and I will if I ever have to break down all of the cases into one box, as they can be stacked together like they were originally shipped to me....each figure back into it's own mailer, and the mailers stacked neatly inside boxes....the ZW cases are larger, and would take up much more room in packing boxes if every figure was left in those...

    If you prefer to toss them, that is you preference....I myself see the need for keeping them for more than one reason.
    I agree. I have a MOSC collection as well, and I keep the cardbacks from my opened figures.

    I'm just throwing that out there for the people that actually throw away the packaging.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

  15. #265
    Widget
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10
    I've kept most of my mailer boxes to ship eBay sales or trades. Plus this year I've used some of them to pack Christmas presents. The cards have been thrown away. I thought about scanning my cards backs to be able to have a digital copy without taking up any space. Unfortunately, I thought of that after I'd gotten rid of most of them.

  16. #266
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,511
    Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    I agree. I have a MOSC collection as well, and I keep the cardbacks from my opened figures.

    I'm just throwing that out there for the people that actually throw away the packaging.
    That or they can send them to me I can use them for loose figure display or displaying the carded ones I don't want to put in a ZW case....

    Tri-Klops was just for a test..he is displayed in a ZW case...but figures like Keldor will be going in these modified mailers when my cases run out, or other figures I prefer better go in them...but they still protect the package from shelf damage and cards from bending. The cardbacks and the packages front name insert are in the mailers for the loose displays, as a back drop. SO long as my ink holds out in my printer I was thinking of adding the Grayskull brick look to the mailers for a 3D look.

    EDIT...I added the before & after pics of adding the Grayskull stone look to the mailer.









    I may add a plastic window to the box before putting the facade on for the MOSC displays, so that the front of the bubble is still protected....save money from buying extra ZW cases...I only want to use the cases for my main wanted figures...the rest can be displayed like this...still looks good to me, and you can still see the figure easily.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 18, 2011 at 02:30pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  17. #267
    Heroic Warrior atlas0413's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    270
    This might not be the right thread, and maybee someone can redirect me, but will these MOC figures actually be worth anything in the future? I just cant see how they are going to be worth too much more than $20 as Matty can just reissue them to keep the prices stable like he did in the last sale (Man-at-arms for $10 - crazy).

    That is why i opened my figures and why i decided to turf all but the cardbacks yesterday for all my 60+ figures.

  18. #268
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,511
    Quote Originally Posted by atlas0413 View Post
    This might not be the right thread, and maybee someone can redirect me, but will these MOC figures actually be worth anything in the future? I just cant see how they are going to be worth too much more than $20 as Matty can just reissue them to keep the prices stable like he did in the last sale (Man-at-arms for $10 - crazy).

    That is why i opened my figures and why i decided to turf all but the cardbacks yesterday for all my 60+ figures.

    Once the line is done it's done...no more releases...and MOSC are always worth more than loose...some lines not much difference, and it all depends on the condition of the package....if the package is all beat up they might as well be loose. But yes they will be worth more MOSC than loose in the future...and as I said once the has run it's course, there will be no more MOTUC at all...

    I see MISB G1 Optimus Primes for around $200, loose sell for a fraction of that even mint...and no matter how many reissues are made..the original always holds it's value. MOTUC is already an exclusive line sold online only, they should hold their value more than the retail released figures...
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  19. #269
    Heroic Warrior atlas0413's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Once the line is done it's done...no more releases...and MOSC are always worth more than loose...some lines not much difference, and it all depends on the condition of the package....if the package is all beat up they might as well be loose. But yes they will be worth more MOSC than loose in the future...and as I said once the has run it's course, there will be no more MOTUC at all...

    I see MISB G1 Optimus Primes for around $200, loose sell for a fraction of that even mint...and no matter how many reissues are made..the original always holds it's value. MOTUC is already an exclusive line sold online only, they should hold their value more than the retail released figures...
    So if i have cut opened the packaging and put the figure on display, it is basically only worth what another loose figure sells for even if i put it back in its packaging i guess, so i should just turf the packaging.

    I think the difference with the 80's MOC and MOTUC MOC is that probably a large portion of the MOTUC sold are being kept MOC so later they wont be as rare as say 8 backs or in your example G1 Optimus.

  20. #270
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,511
    Quote Originally Posted by atlas0413 View Post
    So if i have cut opened the packaging and put the figure on display, it is basically only worth what another loose figure sells for even if i put it back in its packaging i guess, so i should just turf the packaging.

    I think the difference with the 80's MOC and MOTUC MOC is that probably a large portion of the MOTUC sold are being kept MOC so later they wont be as rare as say 8 backs or in your example G1 Optimus.
    Pretty much...and a 25 - 30 year old toy is very rare MISB / MOSC...and when they do surface they usually can go high....most of us played with our toys as kids...probably what few adult collectors back when are where the sealed ones surface from, or some bought their kid one to play with, and one to keep sealed...finances providing if my son collects something I see value in...I will try to get him one for me to keep put up for him later of each thing he gets....I really wish my parents could have done that for me...plus on top of that he gets all my stuff later, that I am collecting now...Thing is now those vintage toys, if sold MOSC...usually will never be opened by the buyer..some do, and the value usually drops right away...

    MOTUC now are plentiful for most figures..granted some have rediculous prices on Ebay, when other sellers are much much lower...I see some selling figures for $50 - $80 buy it now, when other sellers are selling the same figures for $20 - $30 BIN, or auctions....now why would you pay the $80?...point is right now, the value of MOTUC is based on demand..there are a lot of newcomers, and a few months back I was one of them....at the moment opening them is nothing to some....but when the line is long gone, that is when the values will increase if a demand ever comes back, and the MOSC will have the highest prices....but that if ever probably won't be for a while to come.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  21. #271
    Heroic Warrior Chuck Bowlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Boyce, VA
    Posts
    3,352
    I've begun to use them to ship stuff I've sold on ebay, due to the fact that I ran out of other boxes. At least now I don't have as many taking up space. Not sure how study they are but they seem fine so far.

  22. #272
    Heroic Warrior SkeleChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    1,040
    I've got so many laying around in my bedroom. I've flattened out a good number and recycled the rest. Maybe one day I'll build a fort.

  23. #273
    Heroic Warrior O'hartley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Monterrey, Mexico
    Posts
    968

    Do you keep White Mailer Boxes?

    For you guys who have their figures MOC on display, do you keep the white mailer boxes or what do you do with them?

    If you DO, why do you keep them and how do you keep them?

    If you DON'T, why not?

    I have been keeping them but it takes too much space now and I would like to read some opinions on other people's mind?
    Last edited by O'hartley; December 31, 2012 at 06:23pm.
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

    O'hartley

  24. #274
    Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    8,560
    Yes, I keep them for my moc figures, but not for my loose figures. Not sure why.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

    WE can do this together because.....

    EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

  25. #275
    Widget motu-1202's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    15
    I keep them. I have built a room for my toys with shelving deep enough for them to hold the mailer boxes behind the moc toys. I keep them because I feel it is part of the toy and should be kept.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •