Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr in MotUC Discussion w/ package images

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    OK... So, we get Granamyr with great balljointed articulations, but this $80 figure is STILL not able to stand upright !? I'm sorry, but I don't have any use for a figure that will sit on its behind all the time, and especially a figure that costs 80 dollars (and that will be sold for much more than 100 euros once it arrives in Europe)...

Another "taken for the ass" figure. Sadly, it will be an additional pass for me.
    I understand, but for me I have no use for having him stand. in the cartoon I never liked how he looked standing up, it would be like me complaining that swift wind or the shadow beasts and gygor can't sit naturally, I won't be posing them like that for any reason, BUT I'm still glad they are articulated as such.

Also from the looks of Granamyr this isn't the production piece, he may well be rotocast. and as much as I agree with some of the 'taken for the ass' comments on things, it's overused, Granamyr is done and presented as he should be iconically, it's a let down if we can't make him stand on his own but not that big a deal. Stay puft can't sit, and granny is WAAAAY more articulated than most of us were led to believe (TG said he would be similar to tytus and megator in articulation) and again, we can only reserve judgement on him standing or not when the production figure gets reviewed.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

OK... So, we get Granamyr with great balljointed articulations, but this $80 figure is STILL not able to stand upright !? I'm sorry, but I don't have any use for a figure that will sit on its behind all the time, and especially a figure that costs 80 dollars (and that will be sold for much more than 100 euros once it arrives in Europe)...

Another "taken for the ass" figure. Sadly, it will be an additional pass for me.
    As opposed to standing around all day? Come on man, what was it about the design that screams "stand me up"? I always thought he wouldn't have much of a chance in that dept. Why throw blame? If you wanted ratchet knee and hip joints, you would have been paying another 50 bucks min. Otherwise, use glue to stiffen the joints or make a diorama that would help support his weight.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Snappy Threader
    I think he looks amazing, but the price is a little bit high for my tastes.

Heroic Warrior
    After shipping costs, this will be well over $100.

But that's ok, you guys are good for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post

Yup we are, so why make an issue of it
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I absolutely love the head sculpt. Another example of the Four Horseman's amazing talent.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yup we are, so why make an issue of it
    Really?? Is this supposed to be bait? Sorry, not gonna bite.

You seem like you are trying to bait people with this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post

i love granamyr.. and he is HUGE standing up!

really hope he comes with some backdrop like GB stay puffy guy
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

He looks better than I could ever dream of. That never happens!! I want him but that price tag is brutal however.

Wow! Granamyr surpassed my expectations and more! I love how sinister it looks and the body is perfect. This is totally worth 80 dollars!

Normally I see things others don't, and my opinion is often not something people mutually agree upon. However I cannot agree with you on this.

Visually he is perfect. I'm shocked that he is almost to scale, and I do not mind that he can't stand. He spends most of the cartoon sitting in his fire pit anyway. He's an old dragon, with all the time in the world. He can sit around my collection and I'll be more than happy.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by UTK007 View Post
    You seem like you are trying to bait people with this post:
    What are you talking about?? Are you friggin kidding me?

Getting in before it starts. Please no back and forth bickering. Take it to PM if you insist.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Very excited about this release Granamyr looks right on point. I thought it was due out in August for some reason but 3 months is well worth the wait. It will be a piece that I have to save for.

He is in December along with Procrustus, Mosquitor AND ToD Sorceress? ?

******* if it's true, I don't have that much cash for all of them and I don't even think about shipping + customs costs to Europe.
    Please just don't make me choose between Procrustus and Granamyr, they are both awesome!

Granamry and Procrustus are the two big items I've been looking forward to since the SKU was introduced, so December is going to be SWEET!

I have no idea what most customers' financial situation is for Dec, I haven't had trouble budgeting but then I don't have dependents are suffered any unforseen expenses like health concerns or auto accidents (crap--knock on wood!). But I also kind of think TOD Sorceress and Granamyr won't sell out very fast and might be offered again like Wind Raider.

Heroic Warrior
    Has anyone heard if his green repaint is off the table now that they are cutting back on product?

Its too much for one month anyone knows how tall is he stand? And is he able to stand?
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    Its too much for one month anyone knows how tall is he stand? And is he able to stand?
    I am wondering same thing with you. For sure He's really impressive but very pricey figure too. If I get him here where I live.....Very price shipping will be not just figure. Phew.

Heroic Warrior
    It was revealed that he WON'T be able to stand on his legs.

So you'll basically pay a high price for a figure that will have to remain in a sitting pose (of course, this won't matter much to those who don't pose their figures and enjoy staction-like items, but personally, I'm not one of those people).

If the 2013 line does not make it, will you still buy GRANAMYR?

I'm a hardcore MOTUC fan. I have been burned by Digital River. Roboto, King Hsss and Stinkor do **** me off. But I love the Star Sisters. I love the Fighting Foe Men. I want Songster, as well as every other vintage figure.

I own every figure and in some cases have multiple copies.

But I am a all or nothing kind of guy. And if the line does end, I am going to have a hard time justifying having these things on my shelves if the collection is not at least vintage complete.

With that said, I assume we will know within the month or so whether the 2013 will happen.

So if it does not go, I will have a very hard time justifying to myself spending $80 on Granamyr. Sure, it might be a cool way to go out with a bang for the line, but for me it will feel like wasted money with an incomplete line.

So my question is, if 2013 does not go, how will this effect your decision to purchase Granamyr.

I have a feeling Mattel is going to lose a lot of money on Granamyr if they cancel 2013.

I for one, will definitely not buy him if 2013 is cancelled.

Of course I'm getting Granamyr, I want him! Not getting him just to stick it to Mattel would be cutting off my nose to spite my face.

i will. i like him a lot more then i was thinking i would, but i have a lot of Dragon toys he will go with.

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Of course I am buying Granamyr...I have wanted this figure for 30 years...no way am I passing this up.