Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr in MotUC Discussion w/ package images

Hybrid View

Granamyr in MotUC Discussion w/ package images

Update: In Package Photos

Video Update:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How many of you would like Granamyr as a character?

If you do, can you think of a good way to make him availlable? He isn't really 6".
    The chances are pretty slim we'll be getting him unless they use him as a con-exclusive or something, but still... We can speculate right?
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

He'd be great - but what scale?

That's the thing... He is supposed to be huge, so I guess he falls in the vehicle/playset area. And we'll probably won't be getting any of those.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    That's the thing... He is supposed to be huge, so I guess he falls in the vehicle/playset area. And we'll probably won't be getting any of those.
    I believe eventually we will.

Movie mayhem!
    i'd love to get this character as a builda fig

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    ditto that, he could go the route the marvel is doing with fin fang foom.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    ditto that, he could go the route the marvel is doing with fin fang foom.
    Thirded. Granamyr is about the ONLY BAF that I want to see them do. Well, maybe Multi-Bot as a BAF.
    But not Modulok
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    I believe that is gonna be a figure only line. And I'd be fine with that. So with that being said build a figure would be the way to go.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    I believe that is gonna be a figure only line. And I'd be fine with that. So with that being said build a figure would be the way to go.
    This is what I'm thinking as well. I'm not too sure if they have the rights to do Granamyr as how he looked in the Filmation version. I don't remember if he was in the mini-s or not but they could sort of argue that he was the dragon from the 200x episode.

If they do end up releasing some of the larger characters as BAF they should set aside a specific amount of months to block off a sort of 'mini' wave within the figures that would complement the BAF. (Not sure how they'd do it with Granamyr though) For example...

Multibot/and or/Modulok should be released within 3-4 months in a row of Horde characters.

Serpent/transformation form King Hiss should be spread out over 3-4 months in a row of Snakemen.

If they could do Sorrowful (it might be an easy repaint of Granamyr with a new head) could come in 3-4 months in a row of Rebellion characters.

You get the picture....

They could even do the same with King Greyskulls battle lion. Release pieces of him within a mini wave with Veena and a few member of the council of elders.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Granamyr in MotUC Discussion

From Facebook!

Toyguru
    Oh, we "could" do Granymyr since he appeared first in a min comic, but he would be very expensive to tool. We'll have to see how Battle Cat does first before considering larger items. And Cornboy is a huge fan of this character, so we know the Horsemen would do it right!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    That would be so absolute amazing!!!

Niiiiiiice.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

It would be WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this custom for example :

Awesome news!!!! Get er done!!!!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Granamy is one of my all time favs, and that's my fav of hte mini-comics. Hope to see him some time in the future. I'd rather have him than any of the other vehicles, that's for sure!
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar

Granamyr Discussion thread

During the Q and A at Matty Palooza, Toyguru mentioned that Granamyr is
    able to become a figure in Classics. With the Shadow Beasts coming, Granamyr is more of a possibility.

I hope he comes sooner than later.

Agreed he would make an AWESOME motuc figure! Really looking forward to him!
    MOTUC is my thing!

Granamyr would be great. He has always been one of my favorite's from the classic cartoon. He would be the first figure that I would buy two of. I just don't think it would be possible for me to resist opening him. Even at the price tag that he will probably have.

I'd like Granamyr, but as the Alcala design from the minicomic "Dragon's Gift" rather than the quite unappealing Filmation look. The only downside to the Alcala version is that he's green instead of red.

Granamyr in MOTUC

Haven't seen this topic yet, but hey, we got a Shadowbeast, so why not.

What would you like to see out of Granamyr in MOTUC.

I love the character, but I was never pleased with his appearance in Filmantion. I don't mind old, but fat and small wings just didn't do it for me. I didn't care for the dragons in MYP at all.

I'd like to see sort of a re-imagined Granamyr for MOTUC. Still red, still old, still wearing a horned helmet and hanging out in Darksmoke. But I want him to be a bit more... majestic.

I'd also like him to be the threat that stops the fighting between Hordak, Grayskull and Hiss.

Edit: Well, the search function didn't turn this up. Oh well... I must have done something wrong.
    Last edited by BlueStreak; January 4, 2011 at 08:07pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmm...did Granamyr show up in 200x? I don't think he did, so he's still Filmation only and off limits for MOTUC. We did see dragons in 200x, but not Granamyr so at the very least they wouldn't be able to use the name Granamyr or his Filmation look.

The Shadowbeasts did show up in 200x, hence why they can be used in MOTUC.

The episode "The Dragon's gift" was adapted to mini comic form so he's available.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Some call me 'Wayne' Blast Attack!'s Avatar
    I'd love to see Granamyr. I however would like to see him look just like his mini-comic version. That would be the ideal look for me. If Mattel wants to paint him red, then that's even better.

He didn't really do much for me until I saw the She-Ra episode he was in. I like that he has met both Adam and Adora in different time periods. He'd make a nice addition to Preternia.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    The episode "The Dragon's gift" was adapted to mini comic form so he's available.
    Actually, (if I'm not mistaken) the mini-comic was made into the episode. I definately want Granymyr in Classics.

I would love to see many creatures from that comic actually, it being a favorite of mine: Ice Hacker, Manticore, the demons which attack He-Man and Teela, a crystalized Man-At-Arms with a disguised Skeletor would be a cool exclusive or multipack, and I am not too proud to admit, I want Sky Tree. Yes, I want an action (inaction?) figure of a tree. (LOTR has them, but of course, Ents can actually...do stuff. But...Sky Tree was cool! He's...really old...!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!