Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr in MotUC Discussion w/ package images

Meh. I'll just glue a funny hat to my Fing Fang Foom.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

I would certainly buy one but would assume it cost at least 50.00
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Meh, IMO this is another extremely obscure character that a small faction of hardcore fans want ...

Not interested.

Not really that excited for Battle Cat either. For one, he'll probably be like $50 or something. Too many bones for me.

I had a dream about this guy this morning. Thanks obscure MOTU character thread.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Heroic Warrior
    Not my cup of tea, but hey, it'd be cool to see it fight Fin Fang Foom.

I really hope they do a Granamyr, he would compliment MOTUC perfectly!
    MOTUC is my thing!

Heroic Warrior
    When I was a kid, there was a rumor that 'a friend of a friend' had a new MOTU playset, that wasn't even shown on commercials or figure packaging yet.

I remember vividly that it was described as a large 'venus flytrap' type plant that could actually 'eat' one figure, and then you'd remove the figure from a hidden cavity in the base of the plant.

I always wanted to see this toy, but naturally, it wasn't a real MOTU item, and if it did exist, it was part of another line.

but ever since I was a kid, I always wanted one.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    When I was a kid, there was a rumor that 'a friend of a friend' had a new MOTU playset, that wasn't even shown on commercials or figure packaging yet.

I remember vividly that it was described as a large 'venus flytrap' type plant that could actually 'eat' one figure, and then you'd remove the figure from a hidden cavity in the base of the plant.

I always wanted to see this toy, but naturally, it wasn't a real MOTU item, and if it did exist, it was part of another line.

but ever since I was a kid, I always wanted one.
    Okay, I'll bite, what does that have to do with Granamyr?

There's a character that looks like Granamyr crossed with a 'Star Wars' Gamorrean Guard in the Filmation episode 'The Problem With Power'. Who's that?
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Okay, I'll bite, what does that have to do with Granamyr?
    it has to do with wanting something Huge that you can't get.

and longing for it. Separation makes the heart grow fonder, y'know?

actually, I meant to post it in another forum, and just had a brain fart. I must've had many windows open at once. I looked for it in the Vintage forum, and couldn't find it, and just assumed it was deleted because it was irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Horde08 View Post
    I hope he doesnt either. Im thinking he may cost $30.

30 $ is a reasonable price for Battle cat I wont pay more than that for sure and believe me I want Battlecat a lot, but im not willing to pay like 50$ for a toy

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Meh, another extremely obscure character that a small faction of hardcore fans want ...

Not interested.
    agreed!

i'd rather pay 50$ for a mike young 200x dragon
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Classic & 200X fan
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantmEntropyZodak View Post

i'd rather pay 50$ for a mike young 200x dragon
    Hmmm..I agree with that!
    big geek

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I'd really like a Granymyr - I love the classic "The Dragon's Gift" (how that didn't make the 10 Best DVD I'll never know... but that's for another thread).

I wonder what colour he would be though - in the mini-comics, he was green, so not sure if we'd see him in his Filmation red. Can a colour be copyrighted?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

This is Super news! I've always wanted Granamyr. Ever since the mini comic days & if Battlecat is going to determine the possibility of creating him I think we have all the more chances as I feel Battlecat will sell out even faster than Hordak.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

The Horsemen said they might make Granamyr as a steed, didn't they? Can't tell with their QandA being gone. I'm not sure how that'll go over, but since my He-Man regularly borrowed Blackstar's Warlocke (since I had the dragon but not Blackstar himself), I'd be thrilled to see a dragon steed in MOTU. I'd be happy to get him looking just like he does in Alcala's drawings too though.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    it has to do with wanting something Huge that you can't get.

and longing for it. Separation makes the heart grow fonder, y'know?

actually, I meant to post it in another forum, and just had a brain fart. I must've had many windows open at once. I looked for it in the Vintage forum, and couldn't find it, and just assumed it was deleted because it was irrelevant.
    Please don't be offended, but that seemed so condescending that I didn't think you were going there. I mean geesh, you might as well lecture us on the folly of buying things because they will never make us happy because our consumer culture thrives on people always feeling discontent (so we'll buy more). Besides I think just about any dragon toy that isn't named Puff is probably worth making, and isn't exactly the best example of desire making us blind. Deep down I still want a Queen Merla figure from Voltron, but I really doubt I'd buy one if someone made her into a figure (particularly if she's made to look like the original toys).
    Last edited by gbagok; July 9, 2009 at 08:30pm.

Thats what I would assume as well but I'd still buy it just to have it in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I would certainly buy one but would assume it cost at least 50.00
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I honestly wouldn't be interested in this character, even at $20

If I was a kid, things would be different. But as it stands I'll be limiting myself when it comes to bigger items - especially ones like this. that I just don't feel anything towards.

I only think he'd be doable as a BAF, just because I can't see matty ever making him in scale (and even THEN, he would take about 2 years to complete if they did the scale right!)
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

i don't understand what mean "BAF", you mean a figure like Galactus in Marvel legend ? A figure you complete with parts packaged with a smaller action figure ?

Meanwhile, i would love to see Granamyr in MOTUC, and in fact i think if this dream come true, i will stand it next to my vintage figure because this character always missing in the 80 line. It's a pure heroic fantasy character and in fact, no real "mythologie dragon" in motu toys is dramatic ! (dragon walker is a vehicule ! Dinosaurs are ...dinosaurs )

All vintage motu fan were fascinated by the current minicomics of Alfredo Alcala Dragon's gift. In addition Granamyr in Filmation's cartoon appear 4 time in MOTU and 1 time in POP, more time than : Moss-man, Mekaneck, Jitsu, Fisto, Sy-klone, Spikor, Roboto, Man e faces, etc ...

Hope Corn Boy and the other horsemen could create this character one day !!!!

Court Magician
    I would love a Granymyr. I've been hoping for him since they announced MOTUC. I'd happily pay $50 plus whatever ridiculous shipping they want.

I don't much like the look of him. I really think the helmet is silly. I would love to see how he would have looked in the MYP cartoon. The dragons in that were great!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Heroic Warrior
    I never really liked Granmyr, so I wouldn't be bothered if he wasn't made. Did like the photo of the custom one though. I've always thought the Eternian dragons should look like classic dragons, not fat blobs sitting like old men or a street corner.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar

Granamyr Discussion thread

During the Q and A at Matty Palooza, Toyguru mentioned that Granamyr is
    able to become a figure in Classics. With the Shadow Beasts coming, Granamyr is more of a possibility.

I hope he comes sooner than later.

Agreed he would make an AWESOME motuc figure! Really looking forward to him!
    MOTUC is my thing!

Granamyr would be great. He has always been one of my favorite's from the classic cartoon. He would be the first figure that I would buy two of. I just don't think it would be possible for me to resist opening him. Even at the price tag that he will probably have.