Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr in MotUC Discussion w/ package images

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Like some others, when I saw the package in the video, I thought I was looking at the figure itself in the box, not artwork.

Having "some assembly required" actually makes a lot of sense here; the shipping for a box holding the fully assembled old dragon would likely be shocking. As long as the joints hold well once put together (the C&C figures from DCUC usually held together well), it should be fine.

Really looking forward to having another grumpy old dragon around the house...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

December is finally here and that means Granamyr is almost here. I been wondering how much shipping for the big o'l dragon will be for here in the U.S. Would someone here more or less have an idea how much the shipping will be? I mean with Christmas also around the corner and gift shopping(for nephew and niece) I like to be prepared for what's coming my way and my wallets way for that matter lol

LONG LIVE MOTU/MOTUC'S

Whoa, this thread's back. I don't think that when I posted here last I expected to get this guy, but now I think I will.

When does Granamyr go on sale?

Apols if stated elsewhere but I havent seen anything about this December's sale and need to organise some time away from work to purchase!

They haven't officially said anything, but I'm sure it will go on sale with all of the other December items on Monday, 17 December.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

OK Thanks

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    It would be nice if it was sooner, as Granamyr might be Christmas presents for some. Matty usually does their December sales earlier than the middle of the month.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by kochane View Post
    When does Granamyr go on sale?
    Anything that big and red? Anytime he wants to!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Granamyr in Package

Here is a link to Matty's FB page featuring a boxed version of Granamyr.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/matty...51196823408401

I'm a bit surprised that he comes unassembled, but I guess that's due to his size.

Cooooool! Bio is pretty much what I expected.

Now we just need some shiny treasures like on the box.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

LOVE the artwork! VERY excited!!

Hard to tell, but looks like the same size box as Tytus and Megator?
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; December 3, 2012 at 03:57pm.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Yup, he will be my last 2012 purchase....because I don't want Mosquitor or Procrustus....but I may pick up another She-Ra as well, since she conveniently reappeared in stock after the sale ended.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    That is an epic box! Great bio, great artwork! I like how the background incorporates actual weapons used in the MOTUC... and I agree, we need an awesome treasure-room base to display him on now!

Still hard to believe, after all these years, it's finally going to happen.... we are going to get GRANAMYR!

Thanks for the pics Tundra!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Yup, he will be my last 2012 purchase....because I don't want Mosquitor or Procrustus....but I may pick up another She-Ra as well, since she conveniently reappeared in stock after the sale ended.
    He-Man did as well...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

He looks great. The bio does rather beg the questions - if Granamyr helped turn Man-At-Arms back from glass, why not help turn him back from a Snake Man?

Awesome! The bio is just right, now give us those gold repainted weapons on the box art!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Anything that big and red? Anytime he wants to!
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    It would be nice if it was sooner, as Granamyr might be Christmas presents for some. Matty usually does their December sales earlier than the middle of the month.
    Grana-Claus!

Except if he got gas from the Milk and cookies, you wouldn't have a house to wake up in....BOOM!
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Is he a sub item?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    The bio does rather beg the questions - if Granamyr helped turn Man-At-Arms back from glass, why not help turn him back from a Snake Man?
    Granamyr, being a reptile himself, thought that Snake Man-At-Arms was an aesthetic improvement over the milk-drinking mammalian throwback Duncan was before.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Great artwork, but I have a hard time being excited for this one. He just looks a bit silly and immobile. I guess this one is for the cartoon fans.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

That box art really looks great and has me excited about Grayskull, but I really wish he was green.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBad View Post
    Is he a sub item?
    No, he isn't a sub item.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Heroic Warrior
    I'm in the same boat as you Souljem. Unfortunately, I'm a subscription holder which means I would have had to order him separately on Sale Day. Basically, I'm screwed. Matty bestowed upon me the privilege of paying exorbitant shipping fees for Granamyr. Let's see Granamyr is set to go on sale for $80 which means I'll end up paying $40 for shipping. Add to that the $60 + shipping I'm paying for December's figures. Yeah, my thanks to Toyguru for all those special perks I enjoyed this year as a subscription holder like being able to combine multiple purchases on Sale Day at Matty.......NOT!!!!

Weren't subscription holders supposed to get bonus extras this year? What happened to them? What about for next year? Anyone? Could Toyguru chime in on this one.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    BIO =

Granamyr is one of the oldest and wisest of the Eternian Dragons of Darksmoke, an ancient kingdom in Eternia's Dark Hemisphere. He greatly distrusts most(?) ??????? after the Great Wars between Dragons and Humans in ancient times. As one of the most powerful magic users on Eternia, he posesses such extraordinary might that even Skeletor dares not challenge him. When Man-At-Arms was turned to glass by an evil spell, Granamyr provided He-Man with healing magic, but only after Eternia's bravest warrior proved he had not only great strength but great mercy and wisdom as well. The ancient dragon Granamyr guards Eternia's magical secrets and rules all of Darksmoke.

I typed it out first!!! Hope I get a mention on the front page of the org now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; December 3, 2012 at 05:01pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    BIO =

Granamyr is one of the oldest and wisest of the Eternian Dragons of Darksmoke, an ancient kingdom in Eternia's Dark Hemisphere. He greatly distrusts most(?) ??????? after the Great Wars between Dragons and Humans in ancient times. As one of the most powerful magic users on Eternia, he posesses such extraordinary might that even Skeletor dares not challenge him. When Man-At-Arms was turned to glass by an evil spell, Granamyr provided He-Man with healing magic, but only after Eternia's bravest warrior proved he had not only great strength but great mercy and wisdom as well. The ancient dragon Granamyr guards Eternia's magical secrets and rules all of Darksmoke.

I typed it out first!!! Hope I get a mention on the front page of the org now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think it's "most men."