Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr in MotUC Discussion w/ package images

I'd like Granamyr, but as the Alcala design from the minicomic "Dragon's Gift" rather than the quite unappealing Filmation look. The only downside to the Alcala version is that he's green instead of red.

Granamyr in MOTUC

Haven't seen this topic yet, but hey, we got a Shadowbeast, so why not.

What would you like to see out of Granamyr in MOTUC.

I love the character, but I was never pleased with his appearance in Filmantion. I don't mind old, but fat and small wings just didn't do it for me. I didn't care for the dragons in MYP at all.

I'd like to see sort of a re-imagined Granamyr for MOTUC. Still red, still old, still wearing a horned helmet and hanging out in Darksmoke. But I want him to be a bit more... majestic.

I'd also like him to be the threat that stops the fighting between Hordak, Grayskull and Hiss.

Edit: Well, the search function didn't turn this up. Oh well... I must have done something wrong.
    Last edited by BlueStreak; January 4, 2011 at 08:07pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmm...did Granamyr show up in 200x? I don't think he did, so he's still Filmation only and off limits for MOTUC. We did see dragons in 200x, but not Granamyr so at the very least they wouldn't be able to use the name Granamyr or his Filmation look.

The Shadowbeasts did show up in 200x, hence why they can be used in MOTUC.

The episode "The Dragon's gift" was adapted to mini comic form so he's available.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Some call me 'Wayne' Blast Attack!'s Avatar
    I'd love to see Granamyr. I however would like to see him look just like his mini-comic version. That would be the ideal look for me. If Mattel wants to paint him red, then that's even better.

He didn't really do much for me until I saw the She-Ra episode he was in. I like that he has met both Adam and Adora in different time periods. He'd make a nice addition to Preternia.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    The episode "The Dragon's gift" was adapted to mini comic form so he's available.
    Actually, (if I'm not mistaken) the mini-comic was made into the episode. I definately want Granymyr in Classics.

I would love to see many creatures from that comic actually, it being a favorite of mine: Ice Hacker, Manticore, the demons which attack He-Man and Teela, a crystalized Man-At-Arms with a disguised Skeletor would be a cool exclusive or multipack, and I am not too proud to admit, I want Sky Tree. Yes, I want an action (inaction?) figure of a tree. (LOTR has them, but of course, Ents can actually...do stuff. But...Sky Tree was cool! He's...really old...!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I like the Filmation look. Remember que has hundred of years, so is logical to be fat and with his wings somewhat atrophied. And he lives in a hole!!!! He couldn't be an Adonis!

Wow that'd be awesome, I'd buy any MOTUC dragon in heartbeat...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Actually, (if I'm not mistaken) the mini-comic was made into the episode. I definately want Granymyr in Classics.
    You are correct sir.

Toyguru stated in 2009 that Granamyr was a possibility, yet we wouldn't see him anytime soon. Well, now it's 2011.......C'mon Matty, give us Granamyr!!!

The Dragon's Gift is still one of my all-time favorite animated episodes ever. The episode was so well done that it continues to stand up even by today's standards.

These characters need to be given proper figure form. Toyguru said it himself, Cornboy is a huge Granamyr fan, so we know the wisest of all Dragons will be given the best of all sculpts!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I dont know how the heck Ive missed this thread. This figure is long overdue
    plus hes obviously imo the most deserving of the unmade vintage.

I want a pack in of his goofy dragon son too to go with Granamyr when they do make him since that would be the only time that he might be made.

I wasn't too fond of every aspect of his design, but I have to say he was quite the memorable character. I'd love to see him in this line.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Before everyone gets too spun up on old G, I can tell you he is not in the cards anytime soon. Yes, he does fall into that "do-able" category as far as rights go, but due to his size and unique tooling, this dragon is not a figure that will be available anytime soon.

But, hey, anything is possible one day! At the moment, legally speaking, he is more likely than Shadoweaver, but due to the expense of doing him right, he isn't exactly high up on the release calendar.

TG
    Well that was said almost two years ago I would say Battle Cat was a huge success, being the number one most popular Action Figure of 2010. And when he said due to the size and unique tooling being expensive, since then we have had Tytus, Gygor and Shadow Beast. And as much as I love them, I would trade them all for a Granamyr. I just hope Granamyr doubles Tytus in height and I would pay $80 for him.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    ...and I am not too proud to admit, I want Sky Tree. Yes, I want an action (inaction?) figure of a tree. (LOTR has them, but of course, Ents can actually...do stuff. But...Sky Tree was cool! He's...really old...!)
    Skytree thread. And Skytree was BIG - maybe if they did him as a display case rather than a figure...

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Toyguru stated in 2009 that Granamyr was a possibility, yet we wouldn't see him anytime soon. Well, now it's 2011.......C'mon Matty, give us Granamyr!!!
    Not this side of 2012 - this year's oversized figures are a Shadow Beast, Panthor, Swiftwind and (almost certainly) an army-builder.

If we ever got him I'd prefer the mini-comic colours.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I hope they get to Granamyr sooner rather than later...and having seen the Filmation likeness of the Shadow Beast, I hope they can make Granamyr his iconic red...

He's very popular......and being a lot bigger and therefore pricier Mattel have another money-spinner on their hands!
    Last edited by Scorpia; January 6, 2011 at 04:25pm.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Skytree thread. And Skytree was BIG - maybe if they did him as a display case rather than a figure...

Not this side of 2012 - this year's oversized figures are a Shadow Beast, Panthor, Swiftwind and (almost certainly) an army-builder.
    You appear to forget the 60$ slot!
    Besides i would only want to have a green Minicomic-style one.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    You appear to forget the 60$ slot!
    Eh? There's no $60 oversized slot this year - there's three $30 slots (for Shadow Beast, Panthor & Swiftwind) and one $40 slot (almost certainly an army-builder, with an outside chance of a Tytus retool). As a result, the very earliest a $60 beast could come would be Q1 2012, which is... what I already said.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada

Granamyr variables: Scale, Articulation, ect?

...I was musing over the possibilites of what they could do if they do indeed make Granamyr in the MOTUC line. It seems fairly likely at some point, especially since he is A) Highly-demanded and B) Totally feasible since he appeared in a mini-comic! My question is, aside from the obvious question of color-scheme, what does everyone think (and want) in terms of scale & articulation? Costwise, I figure we're looking at $60 realistically. But in order to get a decent size (figuring 18-20 inches tall, at the hleast & hopefully!), He'd probably have to be mainly rotocast & with fairly basic articulation: maybe ball-joint shoulders & wings, wrist-twists, standard swivel-hips & a tail-swivel, MAYBE a bendy-neck? Anyone have ideas?

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i'd be happy if granamyr is just a little bigger than tytus.
    basic articulation would be alright .
    strong detail & paint app is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Toyguru:
    Oh, we "could" do Granymyr since he appeared first in a min comic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyspryde.com Q&A, 01/04/11 View Post
    2) Can you make Entrapta with red hair?

We can make any character Mattel owns with any color hair or outfit we choose.
    So, they can do a red Granamyr.

So, they SHOULD do a red Granamyr!

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    How many of you would like Granamyr as a character?

If you do, can you think of a good way to make him availlable? He isn't really 6".
    The chances are pretty slim we'll be getting him unless they use him as a con-exclusive or something, but still... We can speculate right?
    I would love one! The Customs Forum has an artist that created a 10" Granamyr. Looks great to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
    I would love one! The Customs Forum has an artist that created a 10" Granamyr. Looks great to me!
    That one is so awesome !!! I hope the 4 Horsemen are settling for the Mini-comic look as well. I want Granamyr to be green, old and pot-bellied

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...38#post2425538

[imgl]http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/Kaziam/comicgranamyr094.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    That one is so awesome !!! I hope the 4 Horsemen are settling for the Mini-comic look as well. I want Granamyr to be green, old and pot-bellied

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/y...ranamyr069.jpg
    http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/y...ranamyr088.jpg
    http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/y...ranamyr090.jpg
    [imgl]http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/Kaziam/comicgranamyr094.jpg[/url]
    While I like this look, I hope they use Filmation colors. When I see him green, I think of "how much money I could be saving with Geico."

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/y...ranamyr069.jpg
    http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/y...ranamyr088.jpg
    http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/y...ranamyr090.jpg
    [imgl]http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/Kaziam/comicgranamyr094.jpg[/url]
    That is one cool custom, he looks like he came off the page!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!