Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr in MotUC Discussion w/ package images

Minimum eighteen inches at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    yea.. where did $80 come from? missed that..
    It's already been mentioned on the main site: Tada... I mean, Ouch!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior

Will Granamyr be related to Battle Bones or Gigantosaurus?

With all the crazy stuff going on in the MOTUC-bios, do you think, there are some similarities between these big 3 guys?

Interesting thought. I doubt it though since they are dinosaur-like creatures and he's a dragon. It just seems like those sets wouldn't co-mingle much. However I wonder if Battle Bones will be related to the pre-techno virus creatures of Preternia, or even part of Tytus's herd.

I wonder will he have wings in Motuc version. Minicomic one doesnt seem to have wings... and Filmation one seems to vary from tiny silly looking wings, to medium sized wings depending on a scene...

Other than his helmet, Granamyr doesn't have any accessories. Sure, he could come with some relics or treasure, but that's not too interesting.

What if the red version of Granamyr came with a Stone Man-At-Arms variant, and the green version of Granamyr came with a Crystal Man-At-Arms variant?

It might bump the price up, or not, depending on what they have planned. But I think that would be pretty cool.

Heroic Warrior
    Magicy effects could be a nice throw in as well, to sit around him.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    I may be in the minority on this, but I think it'd be cool to have treasure accessories come with him.

After Black Friday/ Cyber Monday this last weekend - it got me thinking, if Granamyr's gonna be around $80, for me it's tempting to hold off paying the huge price for him cuz who knows how much Matty will be selling him for down the road?

Anybody else feel this way as well? Or is it a case of "I've got to have him NOW"?
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    I may be in the minority on this, but I think it'd be cool to have treasure accessories come with him.

After Black Friday/ Cyber Monday this last weekend - it got me thinking, if Granamyr's gonna be around $80, for me it's tempting to hold off paying the huge price for him cuz who knows how much Matty will be selling him for down the road?

Anybody else feel this way as well? Or is it a case of "I've got to have him NOW"?
    No, they've held firm on Stay Puff's price in anticipation of this. If Mattel is smart, they won't ever offer Granamyr at a huge discount because it'll make people start thinking like you and the whole line will fall apart. Better solution for Matty is just to make fewer dragons to keep the price steady.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    No, they've held firm on Stay Puff's price in anticipation of this. If Mattel is smart, they won't ever offer Granamyr at a huge discount because it'll make people start thinking like you and the whole line will fall apart. Better solution for Matty is just to make fewer dragons to keep the price steady.
    I agree. If he's awesome (which he most likely will be), I have no problem paying $80 for him. If they added in a Stone or Crystal Man-At-Arms variant, I'd be willing to pay up to $100.

Heroic Warrior
    I thought about it and I personally come to the conclusion, that even if he`s looking like a mix of Filmation/mini comic, I wouldn`t buy him for 80$ plus shipping plus customs.

It`s too expensive for that character...

I have no problem paying Matty $80 or so for him, but it's international shipping and customs taxes that's going to be a killer for me. It's what put me off buying Gozer the Destroyer. Hopefully a few MOTU fans from the UK will get together so we can save on shipping!

Heroic Warrior
    Couldn't they have him come with a sky tree accessory? I know most people wouldn't give a damn but I'd love it as a part of my bigger display scene.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Couldn't they have him come with a sky tree accessory? I know most people wouldn't give a damn but I'd love it as a part of my bigger display scene.
    It would be neat if they could incorporate Sky Tree as part of the box design, which could fold out and become a diorama. But I am guessing if the made a box/diorama it would look like the inside of his temple. Putting a Sky Tree "figure" with Granamyr would be the only way we'd get one. I highly doubt it would sell as a solo item. But a figure raises some problems; mainly tooling and additional costs. The tooling alone would make it very expensive. Sky Tree is huge and he'd be highly detailed, even for a tree. The bark on him alone would probably drive the 4H nuts, haha. And, since Sky Tree is an oversized item (even bigger than Granamyr), the cost would probably double. So, my guess is this is highly unlikely. But, you never know. It would be great to see him worked into Granamyr's figure, somehow.

That's why I suggested an easy variant of Man-At-Arms as an "accessory", since it would require 0% tooling, and just new plastics (and only one plastic, at that). Either one to look like stone or one to look like crystal. After that, very little painting would be required, too. See? Easy.

all i know is that i'm using this granamyr with my classic 80's collection

i even have one of granamyrs soldier ice trolls, just like in the cartoon

i also agree, that having a crystal or clear variant MAA is a cool idea for an accessory or maybe the book he provided to Teela for the cure to save her father

either way.. he is gonna ROCK!

Four horsemen is the great one scuplted yet? i wanna progress pics
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    After seeing, that Mattel still has several thousands figures of Gygor, Tytus & Palace Guards, are you afraid that they could overproduce Granamyr as well?

I got the impression that most fans on the boards would buy him, but what is with casual buyers or fans who simply don't purchase him?

I mean overproducing this expensive figure could break the neck of a toyline!

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    ^^^ I think they will make enough to cover maybe half the sub so most can get them and then maybe do a second run depending on how well he sells later in the year.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    After seeing, that Mattel still has several thousands figures of Gygor, Tytus & Palace Guards, are you afraid that they could overproduce Granamyr as well?

I got the impression that most fans on the boards would buy him, but what is with casual buyers or fans who simply don't purchase him?

Which is exactly why doing both green and magenta versions, or even just the less popular green version - as some posters (who shall remain nameless) were demanding after the landslide vote for magneta - would be A Bad Idea.

Since ToyGuru is now saying that Granamyr is slotted for a September release has the price been confirmed as well? Last I heard it was going to be $80-$100.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post

no it won't it will just make the reconsider a toy in this line with such a high price point.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Oh, here's a tidbit I learned at Toy Fair. Granamyr will be the same "rotocast" type of figure like Tytus and Megator. He's just going to be much bigger than them, I believe. He also uses Drago-Man's wings, as they are the proper scale. Remember, granamyr's wings are small, so that gives you an idea of how big he'll be when you look at Drago-Man's wings.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

sounds good so long as he has better articulation than tytus and megator. they CAN'T say it's not possible on that type of figure (they CAN say it's cost prohibitive though, which Ihope they don't)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

It's not a sub figure, right?
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by scar1321 View Post
    It's not a sub figure, right?
    nop not in the Sub

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Oh, here's a tidbit I learned at Toy Fair. Granamyr will be the same "rotocast" type of figure like Tytus and Megator. He's just going to be much bigger than them, I believe. He also uses Drago-Man's wings, as they are the proper scale. Remember, granamyr's wings are small, so that gives you an idea of how big he'll be when you look at Drago-Man's wings.
    i REALLY hope he's got a set of big wings to
    Last edited by Dark Sorceress; February 16, 2012 at 01:28pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    nop not in the Sub

i REALLY hope he's got a set of big wings to
    He won't. How come you wish that, though? He's never been depicted with big wings, as far as I know.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos: