Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr in MotUC Discussion w/ package images

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    the colour of the dragon doesn't dictate the helmet sculpt or the scale.
    I know. Just making the statement that there are small stylistic differences depicted between red and green. I am sure whatever we get will be fantastic!

The extra weapons would be a unique way to plus him up. :-)

Heroic Warrior
    do you think its a mistake from your personal taste? I think red is much more recognizable.

No I just meant for the hardcore base that grew up with Filmation are more likely to get nostalgic over green I thought was all.

Plus red color in general in plastic tends to come out much lighter than it looks on painted protos.
    Last edited by vertigoink; March 17, 2012 at 04:53pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    I know. Just making the statement that there are small stylistic differences depicted between red and green. I am sure whatever we get will be fantastic!

The extra weapons would be a unique way to plus him up. :-)
    I think the horsemen will pull from both sources, more than likely use the detailing from the mini comic and the 'personality' of filmation (a bit less decrepit looking face)
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    No I just meant for the hardcore base that grew up with Filmation are more likely to get nostalgic over green I thought was all.

Plus red color in general in plastic tends to come out much lighter than it looks on painted protos.
    I think they'll go more burgundy than red, maybe not QUITE shadow weaver/orko but close.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    I think the horsemen will pull from both sources, more than likely use the detailing from the mini comic and the 'personality' of filmation (a bit less decrepit looking face)

I think they'll go more burgundy than red, maybe not QUITE shadow weaver/orko but close.
    Yeah as long as they go something along those lines I think he will look fantastic! What I worry about is if there is some kind of miscommunication between Mattel and the factory that paints them in China and we end up with some neon pink looking Granny.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Yeah as long as they go something along those lines I think he will look fantastic! What I worry about is if there is some kind of miscommunication between Mattel and the factory that paints them in China and we end up with some neon pink looking Granny.
    you ever seen a naked lobster? that's how that would turn out!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    you ever seen a naked lobster? that's how that would turn out!
    HAHA NUDE LOBSTER VARIANT GRANNY!

I still think he'd have been better as a build-a-figure - in fact build-a-figure parts would, I think, be the answer to the myriad financial problems and ideas about spec Toyguru tells us about on Q&As.

I acquired all of the DCUC 'Trigon' series, for example, and spent money on figures I didn't necessarily want so that I could build the cool MOTU-esque Trigon God. It cost me under £70 - roughly £90 - to bag the figures and build the outsize creature. Yet for seven figures and a creature in MOTU I'm looking at it costing almost $300.

I fail to see how Granamyr could not be a build-a-figure creature - nor how all the beasts could not have been sold that way with occasional option to purchase "complete" - and leave room to scale down cost of vehicles and eventually Castle Grayskull/ Snake Mountain.

Build-a-figure drives purchases in DCUC and I think most dedicated MOTUC coollectors are purchasing the figures anyway - so there are a great many mixed messages. If a Trigon, Anti-Monitor and other large creatures/characters can be given away "free" with DCUC - all of them "One-off-sculpts" - why on Earth can't a Granamyr be done the same way? Or, at least, why does it have to break the bank?

At times I am just about to reach for my wallet on MOTUC items then glance over at DCUC in my local toy stores and think - am I being taken for a ride?
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

the colour of the dragon doesn't dictate the helmet sculpt or the scale.
    Exactly, and I'm hoping there's a lot more depth and detail to the sculpt similar to the mini comic version. The Filmation version is very simplistic as are most Filmation designs.

Heroic Warrior
    This thing is a big risk for future vehicles, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    This thing is a big risk for future vehicles, etc.
    Exactly! This is why "build-a-figure" seems a better option - for example, how many of the people who dislike The Mighty Spector would buy it if Granamyr's head/helmet came with it?

MOTUC not having "build a figure" is a severe oversight. It seems a complete no-brainer to me.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Quote Originally Posted by Moominsthenmotu View Post
    I still think he'd have been better as a build-a-figure - in fact build-a-figure parts would, I think, be the answer to the myriad financial problems and ideas about spec Toyguru tells us about on Q&As.

I acquired all of the DCUC 'Trigon' series, for example, and spent money on figures I didn't necessarily want so that I could build the cool MOTU-esque Trigon God. It cost me under £70 - roughly £90 - to bag the figures and build the outsize creature. Yet for seven figures and a creature in MOTU I'm looking at it costing almost $300.

I fail to see how Granamyr could not be a build-a-figure creature - nor how all the beasts could not have been sold that way with occasional option to purchase "complete" - and leave room to scale down cost of vehicles and eventually Castle Grayskull/ Snake Mountain.

Build-a-figure drives purchases in DCUC and I think most dedicated MOTUC coollectors are purchasing the figures anyway - so there are a great many mixed messages. If a Trigon, Anti-Monitor and other large creatures/characters can be given away "free" with DCUC - all of them "One-off-sculpts" - why on Earth can't a Granamyr be done the same way? Or, at least, why does it have to break the bank?

At times I am just about to reach for my wallet on MOTUC items then glance over at DCUC in my local toy stores and think - am I being taken for a ride?
    I personally think a proper Granamyr is too big (girth wise) to do a BAF. I know people will point to fin fang foom but he's kind of slim. Don't get me wrong I support BAF figures, but I feel granamyr wouldn't be done right (at least if his scale is what I hope it to be)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Exactly, and I'm hoping there's a lot more depth and detail to the sculpt similar to the mini comic version. The Filmation version is very simplistic as are most Filmation designs.
    yeah I hope so too! I BELIEVE it will be.

Fear is faith in failure

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar

How big is Granamyr going to be?

Like, in terms of comparison to Tytus and Megator etc...Has it ever actually been officially stated how big he will be?
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Heroic Warrior
    No, just that he is bigger...

I can imagine around 18-20 inch...

I hope he's at least a bit taller than Tytus and Megator.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

The Preternia poster had a very obscure pose, with him standing upright (as opposed to all other renditions of him sitting down). If they have the option to stand him up, then potentially he could be huge...

(i will find a pic!)

Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; March 30, 2012 at 06:32pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Heroic Warrior
    For the money, He will probably be pretty damn big. about the size of the vintage castle grayskull.

In the latest walkthrough (NYTF) with Pixel-Dan and ToyGuru, they state that they are re-using Drageo-Man's wings for Granamyr. That initially made me concerned, but then I realised that Granamyr had tiny wings anyway, so that wouldn't reflect on the size of the final figure...

I made a mock up here of size comparisons, by using Draego-Man's wings as a guide, and it looks like he could be quite a big scale, if we go by that as a reference...!

MOTUC WISH LIST

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    I made a mock up here of size comparisons, by using Draego-Man's wings as a guide, and it looks like he could be quite a big scale, if we go by that as a reference...!

http://i.imgur.com/OM6SL.jpg
    Cool! Nice work.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    In the latest walkthrough (NYTF) with Pixel-Dan and ToyGuru, they state that they are re-using Drageo-Man's wings for Granamyr. That initially made me concerned, but then I realised that Granamyr had tiny wings anyway, so that wouldn't reflect on the size of the final figure...

http://i.imgur.com/OM6SL.jpg

Seems to be a realistic scale...

Very nice comparison, totally works!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Is this the preliminary Granamyr sculpt?!

Ok...no it's not. It's the one I sculpted and painted recently (and fairly quickly, on mostly memory, which is why it's not the most accurate rendition.)
    – No comment.

first post pic, really? cool. anyway he seems about exactly like i thought. till i see nomal fig next to him and see him standing, i withold more judgement than: yeah, he's ok to cool, i'll have one, and my preternians will surround him

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    Is this the preliminary Granamyr sculpt?!

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/y...namyr_back.jpg
    http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/y...r_close_up.jpghttp://i793.photobucket.com/albums/y...amyr_front.jpghttp://i793.photobucket.com/albums/y..._no_helmet.jpg

Ok...no it's not. It's the one I sculpted and painted recently (and fairly quickly, on mostly memory, which is why it's not the most accurate rendition.)

ROFL! I missed that

At least he is green

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would like to know if parts from Granamyr would be used towards another dragon beast figure?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Granamyr looks cool... but he's not as big as I would have hoped. They should have made him bigger.