Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Granamyr in MotUC Discussion w/ package images

I've seen it. I would have preferred a 200x Dragon so I won't be buying it. Good for those that like it though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    motuc is my chance at a ad&d traditional fantasy dragon. please make another awesome vintage looking dragon.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Granamyr looks cool... but he's not as big as I would have hoped. They should have made him bigger.
    yeah but I'm not disappointed in him, I don't know if any other reveals will top Granamyr for me, I freaking love this thing, but I do wish it was bigger.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

WOW !!!! he his absolutely beautiful . AMAZING . Did you check the pictures from the Fwoosh? so much detail and texture . Im glad that I voted red last year at the end of the mattypalooza panel last year. The wings are ok and I prefer that size compare to the filmation version . I find they a little bit more scale to the size for the dragon.
    THANK YOU FOURHORSEMEN YOU ARE THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's an easy pass for me. Truth be told, I was on the fence before the reveal and despite the very cool head sculpt, the "about to give birth" look of the body is not what I want on my display shelf. I'm curious to see him standing but I can imagine he is going to look weird with his legs spread so far apart.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    After sleeping on it, I'm still extremely disappointed in the size. I honestly expected him to be nearly twice that size. I wonder how large he was to be before they price-reduced him... As it stands now, he may be the first MOTUC item I skip. And I was over the moon when he was announced. If they also release a green version, I would probably reluctantly buy him, but as it is, this just isn't the Granmyr I wanted...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    I think he looks brilliant!!! (Even if he is my nemesis! )

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    I think he looks brilliant!!! (Even if he is my nemesis! )
    He is your father!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Couldn't be happier with how he turned out. Filmmation accurate, super classic! I'll be decorating my Granamyr display with lots of treasure just like in the cartoon.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    He's an easy pass for me.

Same here. I like the character from the mini comics, but never wanted a figure. I´ll spend my money on regular figures...

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Couldn't be happier with how he turned out. Filmmation accurate, super classic! I'll be decorating my Granamyr display with lots of treasure just like in the cartoon.
    yeah I hope I can find treasure and his box has a diorama display option
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    yeah I hope I can find treasure and his box has a diorama display option
    Try googling "Fish tank treasure chest".
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I love the Granamyr figure in MOTUC! The only tiny detail I would change is the color of the wings (should be pink as in the Filmation cartoon or at least red in a clearer hue)... But apart from this very tiny detail, it's awesome. Well done Horsemen!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Try googling "Fish tank treasure chest".
    thanks great suggestion!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    I love the Granamyr figure in MOTUC! The only tiny detail I would change is the color of the wings (should be pink as in the Filmation cartoon or at least red in a clearer hue)... But apart from this very tiny detail, it's awesome. Well done Horsemen!!
    I am SOOOOO glad they aren't pink! but it's a very easy fix for anyone that wants pink, looking at the old dragon, it would be easy to make him green too. but the way he turned out for me (aside from the 3 more inches in height) is perfection.

Fear is faith in failure

He look as good as I thought he would!

Good Job 4H and Scott!

Only thing which looks bad is his price
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

I can't wait to add him to my collection! He looks awesome!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

It is a shame for this buck only to be used once, SOOOOOOOO why not use the Granyamer buck for
    Shadow wing

or Morning star

Give the evil warriors a dragon of their own and reuse this awesome buck. All you need to do is scuplt a new head and give Morningstar a amulet. Thoughts on this after seeing Granymer.

Heroic Warrior
    This would be an awesome conversation piece. I'm definitely getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    He's an easy pass for me. Truth be told, I was on the fence before the reveal and despite the very cool head sculpt, the "about to give birth" look of the body is not what I want on my display shelf. I'm curious to see him standing but I can imagine he is going to look weird with his legs spread so far apart.
    Ditto. I know the look is faithful to the media but.... I suppose the media is just too goofy, most of the time.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    It is a shame for this buck only to be used once, SOOOOOOOO why not use the Granyamer buck for
    Shadow wing
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...4&d=1327903457
    or Morning star
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...3&d=1327903379
    Give the evil warriors a dragon of their own and reuse this awesome buck. All you need to do is scuplt a new head and give Morningstar a amulet. Thoughts on this after seeing Granymer.
    Morningstar is in much better shape thsn granamyr

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi5 View Post
    He is your father!
    But according to my bio, he had me taken for the ass!!

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    But according to my bio, he had me taken for the ass!!
    Forget Scott stupid bios, I`ll give you a better one!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Heroic Warrior
    Scott “ToyGuru” Neitlich was nice enough to remove Granamyr from the display case so we could get some up-close images, and check out his articulation!

You can really see his immense size in these shots! It’s also notable that the legs are fully poseable, but because of the weight he will not be able to stand upright. The figure is not rotocast like originally though…he’s very solid and sturdy!
    OK... So, we get Granamyr with great balljointed articulations, but this $80 figure is STILL not able to stand upright !? I'm sorry, but I don't have any use for a figure that will sit on its behind all the time, and especially a figure that costs 80 dollars (and that will be sold for much more than 100 euros once it arrives in Europe)...

Another "taken for the ass" figure. Sadly, it will be an additional pass for me.
    Last edited by Prahvus; July 13, 2012 at 06:36am.

I haven't decided if I'm going to get him yet or not, but I knew there would be a good chance he'd have trouble standing on his own.

Yeah, his proportions just make it very difficult for a figure. I think it'd be easy enough to right something up if people want him to stand, though. I have a stand for 12'' figures that I think you could use to support his tail (maybe) to allow him to stand. But, to be honest the sitting pose is his iconic look and I think it was the right move to make that work and look good over his ability to stand.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest