Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: So if we could do Filmation, which characters would you want as toys?

Aahh yeah those robot knights would be awesome i forgot about those! And an acurate Filmation Evil Lynn would be great too.
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

As I said over in the other thread...

As someone who grew up on Filmation episodes, a ton of their original characters were horribly dull and would make boring toys. While Mattel have proven they -can- do things with this kind of character (the updated Marzo is probably the big example), I wouldn't want to see most of the one-shot characters without a major retooling.

I also definently would hate to have precious slots wasted on "Filmation style" repaints of existing figures. That's so easy to do yourself if you really need it (it's also so easy I bet Mattel would do it to get some 'easy' money...).

What I'd really want to see are remakes with greater details and cooler looks of some of the more important figures. A great example of how to do this are gbagok's redesign of the classics.

Figures I'd like to see would be:

* Shokoti
    * Evilseed
    * Sorceress (Though I'd honestly prefer the 200X outfit for her)
    * Marlena (In some sort of battle gear. I don't want "bystander" figures. )
    * Scorpia
    * Shadow Weaver
    * Batros
    * Granamyr (Do we know if he's a Filmation trademark? I mean since he was in a mini-comic as well)

Possibly:
    *Octavia
    *Vultros

The following should be dragged out back, hit with a shovel and then buried deep deep down, never EVER to be seen again!

*Widgets
    *Loo-Kee
    *Madame Razz and Broom
    *Those plant people from POP
    * Any non-Orko trollan
    * The Starchild
    (Hell, ANY child character from either show! Keep Jake Lloyd out of this...)

That's my two cents. I'm an iconoclast, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

As someone who grew up on Filmation episodes, a ton of their original characters were horribly dull and would make boring toys. While Mattel have proven they -can- do things with this kind of character (the updated Marzo is probably the big example), I wouldn't want to see most of the one-shot characters without a major retooling.
    This is a moot point until Mattel gets the rights to Filmation. Even if they do get them eventually, I wouldn't expect another "Count Marzo" since the people at Mattel who are above ToyGuru(I have no clue who they are or how many of them there are) were unhappy with how detailed & "anime" Marzo looked. I'd be shocked if they had any of the major 2002 inspired re-designs that you like.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    This is a moot point until Mattel gets the rights to Filmation. Even if they do get them eventually, I wouldn't expect another "Count Marzo" since the people at Mattel who are above ToyGuru(I have no clue who they are or how many of them there are) were unhappy with how detailed & "anime" Marzo looked. I'd be shocked if they had any of the major 2002 inspired re-designs that you like.
    I'm not saying they should look 200X.

I'm saying a cartoon-exact figure would look very out of place and often quite lame alongside the existing MOTUC. Maybe if they'd started out with everything having a "cartoon" look (See the DC animated figures for an example), but as it is it would suck to have what is essentially a sub-line where the figures don't match up.

I much prefer the better-colored, more detailed looks they've given the MOTUC figures than the simplistic ones from the cartoon. And if they do any Filmation-exclusive characters I sincerely hope they do the same there.

***Please remove images when replying with a quote. Thank you! ***

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    hey, toyguru.
    i'd actually like to see any and all characters done in the filmation style. i would love to own a filmation looking he-man, skeletor, trap jaw etc..

we definitely need masque.
    http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/7342/masquemodel.gif

I agree 110%. bring on Lord Masque!
    bnl4life

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I also definently would hate to have precious slots wasted on "Filmation style" repaints of existing figures. That's so easy to do yourself if you really need it (it's also so easy I bet Mattel would do it to get some 'easy' money...).
    I never get this particular argument. Do people really think that all collectors are also customizers?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Apart from Shadow-Weaver, Scorpia & Octavia, I found most Filmation non-Mattel characters a bit dull (but it could be because they didn't have a corresponding toy & didn't get into my games). But monsters like Mulcrum (Molkrom) are exceptions.

The demon Mulcrum is a centaur-like thing from "Reign of the Monster". Skeletor is aided by the Torgs, beginning this great episode with a dark incantation - the monster then almost succeeds in gaining entry into Greyskull.

The rad thing about Mulcrum is that his horse-half will have a mold to share with Swift-Wind & his body could be "standard buck". So you've just got the tentacle arms & head to worry about. Maybe he can be packaged in a crystal along with Skeletor's burning brazier.
    That's what's so amazing about the Filmation characters - there are so many giants that Mattel could do. Mulcrum, Colossor, Granamyr, just to name a few. In fact, add those three names plus Lord Masque to my list.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

While I would welcome just about all of these characters, the ones that are most necessary, to me, are the PoP characters that were never made as toys....

Shadow Weaver
    Scorpia
    Imp
    Octavia
    Madamme Razz & Broom
    Sea Hawk

but all the others would be awesome as well!
    Last edited by wayne-klops; June 18, 2010 at 09:12pm. Reason: added content

Two random names:

Delora
    Sea Hawk
    chikarapro.com Loco Lucha Libre!!!

Shadow Weaver
    Scorpia
    Loo-Kee
    SEA HAWK FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
    General Sunder
    Colonel Blast
    Mallek of Stone Mountain
    Marzo Chimera servant
    Lord Masque
    Shokoti
    Last edited by Jii Dee; June 19, 2010 at 07:53am.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

I'd like to throw in an additional two cents and say that I would be all in favor of taking the Filmation characters and reimagining them as if they they HAD been made in action figure form in the 80's.

Some of the designs are a little bland and could use a little spice.

..except Shadow Weaver. Leave her as-is. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Well you know the sad thing is I'd want Filmation characters, but I'd be much more excited to get 200X updates to most of them. A few are fine as they are, Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Shokoti, Octavia, Seahawk etc. But some of them need help.

I'd like King Helios for example, but I'd much rather he come with a Classics version of the Fire Armor from 200X's FA Skeletor than to be a straight interpretation of his boring Filmation design. And I guess that's probably the whole problem, why want a character that has to be changed to be good? I want him because he's part of MOTU, but even as a kid I thought his design wasn't satisfying. He made an impression though, so am I wrong to want him but different?
    This is my view as well.

As for me, I'll throw the usual suspects into the hat:

SEA HAWK
    DRE-ELLE
    MADAME RAZZ & BROOM
    SHADOW WEAVER
    VULTAK
    ADMIRAL SCURVY
    OCTAVIA

Hey, is TG still reviewing this thread?
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

I would be very pleased with any and all Filmation characters that members have posted about in this thread. My personal Top 15, in order with Lizard Man as #1:

Lizard Man
    Shadow Weaver
    Icer
    Fangman
    Shokoti
    Masque
    Catra
    Strongarm
    Kittrina
    Octavia
    Scorpia
    Batros
    Plundor
    Granamyr
    Dree Elle

I would love any & all Filmation characters. However it would be sooo dope if Mattel could somehow get the rights to Vipra from BraveStar. She would be an awesome addition to the Horde.

Some kind of crossover, where she joined the Horde while escaping from Bravestar. Also we could bring in Mara from Blackstar!!!!!!!!!

Wishful hoping, but if Mattel can't do Vipra, maybe create a new Horde member who is similar without infringing on copyrights.

I also just wanted to point out that the A-list characters could easily be brought back in filmation design as a bonus figure or even just as a reissue (filmation style). That would bring a new take on the reissues, while most fans would snatch them up, even if they already have the MOTUC first release. I know i would buy a re-release of all a-list characters with filmation appearance.

I know that if Mattel brought back a reissue of Zodak with helmetless head, he would far outsell the original release. I still feel that the Goddess and Zodak would have sold way quicker, if instead of just a repaint of a figue, they had a unique head sculpt. Also Goddess could have easily been slightly different from Teela by removing the leaves, which the character did not have in the mini-comic. I don't think it could have been that difficult or costly for Mattel to remove the leaves.

PLEASE BRING OUT AN ALTERNATE HEAD PACK or Zodak WITH HELMETLESS HEAD! That was what I loved about the 200X Zodak, I want to see his face with the awesome tattoos.

There are so many great ways to reuse the already released characters and have many fans buy them, just a change of paint application or a head that wasn't included before. However, these should not be used as monthly slots, there are enough characters that haven't been made to fill the monthly slots. But if Mattel was to consider the idea of changing up the re-release (i.e. filmation style) that would be awesome!

It would also be nice to see Vipra added in some way to the MOTUC line.
    Attached Images Attached Images

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    zagraz keeper of the comets is one im hoping for why because he is the only person apart from the main cast to appear in the first episode (yes i know diamond ray was made first) and there are many interesting episodes but the cosmic comet for all its faults was the introduction to he-man and zagraz is a character that i always remember

is it the fact i thought he didnt age and was wearing a false beard to look wiser? is it the fact his voice is like a person on laughing gas sucking helium? who can say

all i know is i collect more for the story's and while there are characters such as shadow weaver, madam razz (with broom), blue hordak among othersthat have high prioritys zagraz Should be included in motuc as a nod to the start of one of the greatest cartoons of the 80's! (plus it would give us an alternate buck for robed wizard characters!)
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

I also think Vipra belongs in Motuc. I'd like to see her in the Snake-men faction since they don't have any female warriors in their ranks. It's odd that we didn't even see one snake woman in the 200X series.

If they got the license to Filmation they could make alot of characters from Bravestar and Blackstar and make them in the same style as Motuc. Their Matty Collector website could really expand into alot of different properties. It would be well worth the investment.

It still amazes me that Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Madam Razz and Broom never got toys. I remember them being in almost every episode. As a kid when I went to the toy section I always would look to see if I could find them. Why Mattel why did you not make these characters in the 80's? Weaver and Scorpia could have easily been made for the Masters line if they weren't to girly for the Princess of Power line. I mean even Loo-Kee got a figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    I never get this particular argument. Do people really think that all collectors are also customizers?
    I'm the same, I have seen some AMAZING custom creations on this site and others but I'm seriously not a customizer myself in any way shape or form, it's just not something i can do or for that matter would have any time for! So i'd be happy forthem to release these things bigtime!
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

This is a question for Toyguru (not sure if he still visits the org). We know that you would like to do Filmation characters, but is Mattel even interested in them? I don't like false hope answers. If they are not then it would be cool for us fans to know rather than speculate.

Heroic Warrior
    He's mentioned plenty of times that he knows there's fan interest and they'd do them if they could.
    The speculation, which Toyguru would never confirm since it's a business decision, is that Toyguru's trying to convince the higher-ups that they'd get more than a couple of useful characters if they bought the Filmation library.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Marlena and Cringer are both available as non-Filmation, but I'd love to see them "lean" toward the Filmation style.

I'd definitely love to see:

Strongarm
    Icer
    Fangman
    Lizard Man
    Shadow Weaver
    Granamyr
    Scorpia

Imp
    Skeletor's robot knight drones
    Shokoti
    Plundor
    Granita
    Dree-Elle and Uncle Montork 2-pack
    Star Child
    Dark Dream
    King Miro
    Malaktha
    Stanlan and Hollywag
    Octavia
    Chef Allen
    Vultak
    Dylamug
    Batros
    Kittrina
    Game Master
    Masque
    Celice
    Kothos
    Admiral Scurvy
    Sea Hawk
    Professor Smallen
    Madam Razz & Broom
    Widget 3-pack
    Twigget 3-pack
    Eternian Peasants
    King Tamusk
    General Tataran
    Negator and the Nerbs
    Huntara
    The Enchantress
    Stoyteller
    Filmation-style Clawful

Vehicle - The Collector! I can't believe they never made a toy of that one.

~Penny~
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; December 5, 2010 at 08:57pm.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Shadow Weaver /w/ Syrax
    Scorpia /w/ Imp
    Madam Razz /w/ Broom
    Fang-Man
    Strongarm
    Lizard-Man 1
    Lizard-Man 2
    Kittrina
    Icer
    Catra in cat form
    Skeletor's Hovering Robot Knights {2-pack}
    Dylamug
    Batros
    Vultak
    Plundor
    the other Trollans
    Does Galactus fart?

At this point, for it to be worth it, Mattel would almost have to make a new line, done exactly like MOTUC, but with it's own budget, etc.

"Filmation Classics"

He-Man
    She-Ra
    Skeletor
    Hordak
    Shadow Weaver
    Scorpia
    Imp
    Octavia
    Inspector Darknee
    Horde Prime
    Hunga the Harpy
    Sea Hawk
    Madame Razz & Broom
    Dree-Elle
    Uncle Montork
    Lizard Man
    Strong Arm
    Fang Man
    Icer
    Lord Masque
    Shokoti
    Melaktha
    Darkdream
    Filmation Randor
    Filmation Evil-Lyn
    Malek
    The Enchantress
    Kothos
    Garth
    Vultak
    Batros
    Teela'Na
    Kuduk Ungol
    Hawk
    Delora
    Astronaut Marlena
    Admiral Scurvy
    Sorrowful
    Majestra
    Celice
    Marzo's lackey
    Plundor
    the bird lady from Pundor's episode
    Zilora
    Starchild
    Granita
    Kittrina
    the games master guy
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Actually, I figured there would be more on the list than that. They could always start the Filmation characters nearer the end of the planned releases, but that would mean a really long wait for some terrific characters.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Masque, Scorpia, the other Trollans, Shokoti, Granita and Skeletor's Hover Robots.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'd like to see some Widgets and Twiggets get made!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"