Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 551

Thread: So if we could do Filmation, which characters would you want as toys?

  1. #301
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    At this point, for it to be worth it, Mattel would almost have to make a new line, done exactly like MOTUC, but with it's own budget, etc.

    "Filmation Classics"

    He-Man
    She-Ra
    Skeletor
    Hordak
    Shadow Weaver
    Scorpia
    Imp
    Octavia
    Inspector Darknee
    Horde Prime
    Hunga the Harpy
    Sea Hawk
    Madame Razz & Broom
    Dree-Elle
    Uncle Montork
    Lizard Man
    Strong Arm
    Fang Man
    Icer
    Lord Masque
    Shokoti
    Melaktha
    Darkdream
    Filmation Randor
    Filmation Evil-Lyn
    Malek
    The Enchantress
    Kothos
    Garth
    Vultak
    Batros
    Teela'Na
    Kuduk Ungol
    Hawk
    Delora
    Astronaut Marlena
    Admiral Scurvy
    Sorrowful
    Majestra
    Celice
    Marzo's lackey
    Plundor
    the bird lady from Pundor's episode
    Zilora
    Starchild
    Granita
    Kittrina
    the games master guy
    I'd love to see a Filmation Classics line. I'm always surprised at how many cool characters Filmation made that are, imo, worthy of their own toys. They must have done more with adding to a franchise's universe than MYP, DiC, Sunbow, Hanna Barbera, Rankin/Bass, or any other cartoon company ever did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I'd like to see some Widgets and Twiggets get made!
    Even among Filmation fans we're probably in the minority, but I'd love to get some of those characters as well. Especially the Widgets.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  2. #302
    Master of Dreams Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Even among Filmation fans we're probably in the minority, but I'd love to get some of those characters as well. Especially the Widgets.
    Well, they keep making ewoks and gungans for the Star Wars lines... (Not many though).

  3. #303
    Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    1,435
    I'd like to see some Twiggets & Widgets.
    Does Galactus fart?

  4. #304
    Yuengling danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    2,204
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    At this point, for it to be worth it, Mattel would almost have to make a new line, done exactly like MOTUC, but with it's own budget, etc.

    "Filmation Classics"
    I'd rather a new filmation line have toys that look exactly like the cartoon characters (think DC's Superfriends line), while allowing these same characters to have toys made in the MOYUC line.
    Danielsan

    Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

    https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

  5. #305
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    84
    The top figures for me would have to go to:

    Batros
    EvilSeed
    Lord Masque
    Fang Man

    The one I never wanna see? Plundarr or Plundorr, whatever. The bunny villain.

    Lone-Starr
    Last edited by Lone-Starr; July 6, 2010 at 06:06am.

  6. #306
    Diabolical Strategist Caesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,597
    I just realized this thread is over a year old now, can we please get filmation characters now?! please

  7. #307
    Heroic Warrior Swanmarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolica View Post
    I just realized this thread is over a year old now, can we please get filmation characters now?! please
    ^^^ Ditto!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

    Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

  8. #308
    Elder Councilman
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Sandusky, OH
    Posts
    3,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'd love to see a Filmation Classics line. I'm always surprised at how many cool characters Filmation made that are, imo, worthy of their own toys. They must have done more with adding to a franchise's universe than MYP, DiC, Sunbow, Hanna Barbera, Rankin/Bass, or any other cartoon company ever did.



    Even among Filmation fans we're probably in the minority, but I'd love to get some of those characters as well. Especially the Widgets.


    I think a Filmation Classics line would be a really bad idea; an entirely separate entity from MOTUC? I don't even think half the figures would sell that well to justify doing it, unless they were put under the MOTUC banner.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

  9. #309
    Heroic Warrior Matt XIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    356
    Strongarm
    Fang Man
    Octavia
    Scorpia
    Lizard Man
    Lord Masque
    Huntara
    Granita
    Delora
    Hawk
    Dragoon
    Koldarr

  10. #310
    Human Mutant Power! carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolica View Post
    I just realized this thread is over a year old now, can we please get filmation characters now?! please


    well, we did get orko now

    he's filmation.. the old classic figure even has filmation printed on the classic figure. i read that orko was in the mini comics as to why he was made, thats because he was in filmation cartoon. dunno, if i'm wrong here, but orko is a made up filmation character, not mattel

    so someone prove me wrong here
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

    Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

  11. #311
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    well, we did get orko now

    he's filmation.. the old classic figure even has filmation printed on the classic figure. i read that orko was in the mini comics as to why he was made, thats because he was in filmation cartoon. dunno, if i'm wrong here, but orko is a made up filmation character, not mattel

    so someone prove me wrong here
    Mattel doesn't have the rights to Filmation or the 1987 MOTU movie, but if they had toys made of any of the characters in the 1980's, they can make them(like Orko, Blade, or Saurod). If you've read through this thread, you'll see there are probably over a hundred Filmation characters who never had toys before and will never be made until Mattel buys the rights to them.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  12. #312
    Human Mutant Power! carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Mattel doesn't have the rights to Filmation or the 1987 MOTU movie, but if they had toys made of any of the characters in the 1980's, they can make them(like Orko, Blade, or Saurod). If you've read through this thread, you'll see there are probably over a hundred Filmation characters who never had toys before and will never be made until Mattel buys the rights to them.
    uhh.. then why did we or are getting a new orko then? is it because he was already made in the 80's?
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

    Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

  13. #313
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    uhh.. then why did we or are getting a new orko then? is it because he was already made in the 80's?
    Yes, exactly.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

    DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

    My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

  14. #314
    Human Mutant Power! carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Yes, exactly.
    well, if thats the case, then we should get a sorceress with the same exact colors as in the filmation cartoon.. she had a figure also in the 80's
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

    Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

  15. #315
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,150
    Shnce it looks like the Swift Wind we'll be getting will either be the original Pink or Royal toy versions, I'd like to add Cartoon style Swift Wind to this list - orange mane, blue saddle, blue/gold/pink wings, white body.

  16. #316
    FILMATION - Yeah! csc0709's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    471
    As I stated in the Swift Wind thread, I won't be buying a pink Swift Wind or a "Royal" Swift Wind. The style guide has a Filmation accurate Swift Wind and that should be doable.

  17. #317
    Greg at your service AnnnaMot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Posts
    3,663
    Lookes like every obscure charter from filmation got nominated lol

  18. #318
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    1,426
    Has anyone asked for Chef Allen yet?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

    DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

    My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

  19. #319
    Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    18,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Has anyone asked for Chef Allen yet?
    Only if he comes with a "very special cake".
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

  20. #320
    Master of Dreams Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Only if he comes with a "very special cake".
    And Filmation Adam would come with his "famous spiced bread"...

  21. #321
    Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Penny Dreadful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    3,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Has anyone asked for Chef Allen yet?
    I did! Can't let the royal family go hungry now can we?

    You know what might be cool? A couple of Eternian Peasant 2-packs. Then people could do displays with He-Man saving people.

    ~Penny~
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; July 9, 2010 at 07:47pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England


    OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

  22. #322
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I did! Can't let the royal family go hungry now can we?

    You know what might be cool? A couple of Eternian Peasant 2-packs. Then people could do displays with He-Man saving people.

    ~Penny~
    That might be nice. Or maybe that old lady form that Evil-Lyn used to turn into.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

    DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

    My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

  23. #323
    Heroic Warrior Swanmarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Has anyone asked for Chef Allen yet?
    In fact when I counted the results a couple of months ago there were 3 votes for Chef Allen - and with Penny D's vote it makes 4!

    LOL @ Count Marzo! Naughty!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

    Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

  24. #324
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    1,426
    Naughty? I thought "a very special cake" is what "Chef Allen" said in Secret of the Sword before the cake turned into Hordak.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

    DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

    My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

  25. #325
    Heroic Warrior Swanmarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    Naughty? I thought "a very special cake" is what "Chef Allen" said in Secret of the Sword before the cake turned into Hordak.
    If that's what Count Marzo meant then I misinterpreted.

    Sadly, a joke is not funny if it has to be explained, but: I remember the various ... shall we say 'black flower' ... inspired inuendo jokes the good Count used to make on these boards back in 200x days and jumped to a conclusion.

    CM was quite a personality here on these boards back in those days, which at the time led me to believe he was responsible for the Count Marzo character making the jump from FILMation to MYP. (Made me wish I'd nicked myself 'Kothos Sandslug' or some such )
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

    Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •