Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: So if we could do Filmation, which characters would you want as toys?

Chad

Berbi

Gryphon
    Last edited by Man-E-Toys; July 3, 2009 at 05:58pm.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    LOL, I think I'd have to pass on a CHAD figure LOL... but then I want Drissi and Master Sebrian(ms?), so what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Wow... the thread was getting insane there for a second. So many bit-players in the Filmation pantheon, but very few stand out as good source material for action figures.

But then you boiled it down to the most popular and what do you get? A strong list of incredibly *Do-able* characters using lots of pre-existing parts and basic body shapes.

While I'd love a Madam Razz simply because she was a stand-out character among the (honestly forgettable from a casual-fan standpoint) female cast, her body type alone makes it about as likely as Ram Man was this first year.

Simply put, if the characters aren't humanoid and in basic uniforms, it's going to be a long, long wait for them whether they are toyline based, Filmation based, or Granymyr.
    I agree. I'd love a Madame Razz & Broom, simply on episodes alone she's there with Shadow Weaver. But she'd have to be a Build-A-Figure, or something exclusive. She's like Ram-Man in that she's expensive to tool, but she's also like Ram-Man in that she's essential... to me anyhoo.
    Last edited by Agostinho; July 3, 2009 at 05:55pm.

Quote Originally Posted by twinAJ1 View Post
    LOL, I think I'd have to pass on a CHAD figure LOL... but then I want Drissi and Master Sebrian(ms?), so what do I know?
    MU42 is one of my favorite episodes. my collection wouldn't be complete without, chad, his grandfather elden and berbi.

Nepthu

Rabar

King Randor & Queen Marlena

Interesting...

well, here is my list:

Shadow Weaver
    Lizard Man

Scorpia
    Madame Razz & Broom (uhm DUH!!!)
    Octavia
    Shokoti
    Lord Masque
    Dark Dream
    Granita
    Huntara
    Dree-Elle
    Vultak
    Batros
    Hunga the Harpy
    Hawk
    Icer
    Fang Man
    Strong Arm
    The Enchantress
    Granamyr
    Dylamug
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Icer, Plundor and Fang-Man are my most wanted figures from Filmation.

Shadow Weaver
    Scorpia
    Queen Marlena
    Adora
    Angella
    Glimmer
    Catra
    Madame Razz & Broom
    Octavia
    Shokoti
    Granita
    Dree-Elle
    Hunga the Harpy
    Hawk
    Strong Arm

Wow, way to go Shokoti! I really like that top list.

Heroic Warrior
    The Magicats from POP would be awesome too--along with all the others. I seriously would purchase every Filmation character on top of the others.

Not to be negative...

...but does anyone else think we should put up a united front here? They basically just told us that they will try to acquire the Filmation rights to at least some of these characters if interest is strong enough.

Instead of giving them a solid list of characters that would be popular, we're going about it as if this line has Star Wars Universe potential. At one (or two) per month, we're never going to get Villager# 1, Scene 6 in episode 104.

Maybe we should focus less on the "like to haves" and more on the "got to haves."

For me, that's:

Adora
    Shadow Weaver
    Scorpia
    Madame Razz & Broom

None are obscure, and all are characters that would be recognizable by the casual fan.

I'll be honest, I haven't seen any of the Filmation stuff since I was a kid, but these are the characters I remember getting the shaft, toy-wise. And I'm sure casual collectors would be in a similar boat.

Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by spymagician View Post
    They've been mentioned but here are my favories:

1. Icer (clear blue plastic)

2. Strongarm

3. Plundor

4. Batros

5. Malik

6. Garth

7. Widgets

8. Sh'Gora (It'll never happen, but a 3 foot long rotocast Sh'Gora would be awesome.

Spy
    I'm gonna agree with most everything Spy said. Minus the Widgets.
    Big plus on Plundor & Sh'Gora.
    And I'm gonna add my favorites.

Shokoti

Granymyr

Kittrina

Masque

Vultak

& Orko's whole family (Montork, Dre Elle, & even Yuckers)

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Not to be negative...

...but does anyone else think we should put up a united front here? They basically just told us that they will try to acquire the Filmation rights to at least some of these characters if interest is strong enough.

Instead of giving them a solid list of characters that would be popular, we're going about it as if this line has Star Wars Universe potential. At one (or two) per month, we're never going to get Villager# 1, Scene 6 in episode 104.

Maybe we should focus less on the "like to haves" and more on the "got to haves."

Just saying...
    I was going to say something similar, but then, for some people FILMation is the begining and ending of He-man.

Personally, outside of Shadow Weaver, I'd be interested in:

Shokoti
    Masque
    Octavia

I can't say I'd get anyone else.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Aside from the obvious shadow Weaver and Lizard Man, I'd like to see

Shokoti
    Masque
    Dragoon
    Granamir
    Fang-Man
    Icer

Not to be negative...

Just saying...
    I completely agree. At this point, who is really left that hasn't been named? In the first 2 pages alone over 100 characters were named. I started trying to do a complete tally and gave up because there are so many.

I am just concerned that throwing out so many one-offs and obscure characters will sort of defeat the purpose TG was trying for.

I would kill for these:

granita
    Adora
    She-ra
    scorpia
    Plundar the spoiler
    octavia
    huntara
    kittrina
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Make these girls and guys and everyone is happy
    (found on facebook.com)

*** Please follow the forum rules about back-to-back posting. Thanks! ***

Want to play too:
    -Horde Prime
    -Shadow Weaver
    -Light Hope
    -Dragoon
    -Shokoti
    -Sea Hawk
    -Shade
    -Granamyr
    -Strong Arm
    -Icer
    -Batros
    -Fangman
    -Lord Masque
    -Garn

and of course: Skeletor (yellow face, boots, magic axe)
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

My Filmation Favourites are:

Original Characters
    - Shadow Weaver
    - Scorpia
    - Madam Razz/Broom
    - Shokoti

Filmation Costumes/Styling
    - Adora
    - Catra
    - Castaspella
    - King Randor & Queen Marlena

Strong arm!!!

I agree with this. I wish that everyone could get each and every character that he or she wants from the Filmation MOTU and POP cartoons, but I think that the characters who were featured more prominently stand the best chance of becoming action figures (characters that would be both profitable and worthwhile for Mattel to obtain the rights and produce, and also the most desirable in the eyes of MOTU consumers). Lol, wow, a long sentence! Anyway:

With that being said, my essential selections (aside from Shadow Weaver and Lizard Man):

1-Adora*
    2-Scorpia
    3-Madame Razz & Broom

*I would prefer to have Adora sculpted in her more recognizable Filmation costume... and I feel the same in regard to Catra and Queen Marlena. The Queen Marlena character comes pretty close to her Filmation look in several of the mini-comics though, so she may not be as much of an issue. I realize that Marlena was also featured in the MYP cartoon, but I wouldn't be interested in that version of her. And while on the subject of Marlena- she is probably the oldest and most prominent character to never have an action figure. Most everyone would want her I think.

Top 10 list of less prominent characters that I would want an action figure of (I would purchase these, but again, I would want Adora, Scorpia, Shadow Weaver, Lizard Man, and Madame Razz/Broom first and foremost):

In order of preference:
    1-Huntara
    2-Sea Hawk
    3-Lord Masque
    4-Shokoti
    5-Dylamug
    6-Granita
    7-Octavia
    8-Fang Man
    9-Strong Arm
    10-Vultak

Also Toyguru, you may have already done so, but don't forget to check out the "Filmation Rights for MOTUC Support Thread," which is floating around here somewhere. Many of us listed our most coveted Filmation characters within that thread as well.

Not to be negative...

But... Toyguru asked us to name characters beyond the obvious popular ones...
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    But... Toyguru asked us to name characters beyond the obvious popular ones...
    Good call . In that case, let me add General Sunder. I don't think of Sunder as being obscure, but I'd buy a figure of him as well. Arghh! I might as well make another list, lol:

1-General Sunder
    2-Dragoon
    3-Hunga the Harpy
    4-Evil Seed*
    5-Batros
    6-Icer
    7-Shadow Beast*
    8-Kittrina
    9-Dre Elle
    10-The Game Master

*prefer the Filmation designs.

Also, I think maybe bamf1980 and a few others are basically saying: lets not get too excited about the two kids from the Christmas Special, lol... though I'm sure those characters have their supporters as well.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by River View Post
    Also, I think maybe bamf1980 and a few others are basically saying: lets not get too excited about the two kids from the Christmas Special, lol... though I'm sure those characters have their supporters as well.
    B-b-but what about the Manchine puppy???

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    B-b-but what about the Manchine puppy???

That comes as half of the 2-pack with "Christmas Spirit" Skeletor.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    There are a lot of characters, like Monteeg (my avatar) or Kitrina that are pretty cool but I really donīt know what I can do with him... understand? Like both, there are so many others that Filmation created just for do a specific episode. They work only for that episode. Most are not important for MOTU Universe.
    I sort of agree, certainly about Monteeg, but someone like Kittrina (I feel) has a lot of potential and is markedly a popular one-shot character, like Huntara from the She-Ra series. Kittrina is one I forgot, but would love to see immortalised in plastic.

I'm probably the only one here to think this - but I do feel that Strongarm and Lizard Man are a little redundant, in terms of figure-potential. I'm actually surprised Lizard Man is noted as an 'obvious' choice in the first thread - not being biased here, but someone like Scorpia - and even Sea Hawk - is more relevant to the MOTU mythos, IMO. Mando showed ages ago how Modulok's body parts could be used to make a decent-looking Lizard Man - but the character had all of two bit-parts in episodes and one tiny un-named cameo. He wasn't even the focus of a whole episode, unlike key one-shot characters like the aforementioned. Same with Strongarm - I mean, what IS he exactly? So he has a strong arm...I'd rather stick with Fisto and Jitsu.

Not to be negative...

For me, that's:

Adora
    Shadow Weaver
    Scorpia
    Madame Razz & Broom

None are obscure, and all are characters that would be recognizable by the casual fan.
    I agree with this, absolutely, because they are more realistic. However, I think this thread goes to show just how huge the potential for MOTUC could be. There were loads of amazing characters who didn't impact on the series who could make for interesting additions to the line. And, if we're having two figures per month, I'd like to see them mix up Filmation with non-Filmation figures - and I think the line would have a longer shelf-life if they did it this way. You could argue that someone like Spikor - virtually no back-story - is a fairly pointless addition to the line. BUT he was a figure in the past and for that reason stands out in people's memory. Since the DVDs have been released and sold relatively well, some of the key Filmation-only characters will also stand out in people's minds and - if they're more of a toon lover like myself - are more likely to be drawn to the toyline if Filmation characters and designs are included.

Take someone like Octavia - one large role in an episode and a short cameo in another. BUT she's always noted as one of the most requested. From her first appearance, it was almost like she was designed to be a regular addition to Horde ranks. And the fact that she operates her own area of Etheria makes her a powerful asset to Hordak - plus, the specific link to a species (octopuses - octopi....!?) and the sea gives her a wealth of opportunities for origins, vendettas, further stories etc.

Someone like False Face is more difficult to characterise - firstly because he doesn't have the appeal to fans that Octavia does and secondly because he's not too dissimilar from other characters like Double Trouble and Man-E-Faces. My other problem with this character is - a little bit like Spinnerella - could he be TOO powerful? He was portrayed as a bit of a dunce and was easily beaten, but if someone can shape-shift into any guise, surely they're an enormously powerful foe - I just don't like that angle.

What I'm saying from this giant, waffling post is that there are some smaller bit-part characters who I feel could be woven into stories and woven well. Others, I'd prefer to be left alone to make room for more in-demand characters.

I think, when it happens - and I'm crossing everything in the hope that it does! - Mattel will focus on the most requested characters and throw a few odd spanners in the works which will surprise everyone. The lifespan of this line is potentially enormous and I, for one, will fully support the inclusion of Filmation characters.

And I'm done!!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Toy Guru, being that I am a huge fan of the Filmation cartoon I will not elaborate with a long list, because I am certain that I will purchase just about every filmation character you guys release. I will only formerly request my all time favorite Filmation character Granamyr, ("The Dragon's Gift").