Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
Check out his answers to your Round 21 questions!
1. Are Horde Supreme and Horde Prime two different characters, or did Mattel have to change the Horde Prime character's name to Horde Supreme because of rights issues? More details about Horde Supreme will be revealed in time!
2. Have you done any additional exploration into the release of an accessory pack or "extra head" pack? We’re always looking into new ideas like this, but do not have any specific details to announce yet.
3. Is there any chance of releasing full-body armor on figures like Hordak or He-Ro, rather than the half-body armor we've seen due to the ab crunch articulation? Or maybe releasing full-armor in the accessory pack mentioned above? No. We’re pretty excited with the innovative look the Horsemen created for articulated armor and will continue to use it in the MOTUC line.
4. A lot of Fans really liked the clear Power Sword that was shown on the initial He-Ro prototype photos. Is there any chance of this version being released at some point? Or maybe releasing in the accessory pack mentioned above? No. There are several very specific reasons He-Ro’s sword is blue, one of which is the reference to the Blue Sword from the vintage weapon pack. Other reasons will be revealed in time!
5. In regards to major design changes that affect multiple figures (such as the half-armor), would Mattel consider doing a poll to gauge reaction from MOTU's audience before hand? This way, Mattel and the 4H can take into consideration what consumers think about a major design issues before it becomes too late to implement any changes. We’re very excited about the look the Horsemen created for MOTUC. We’ll continue to listen to fan feedback online and at conventions, but there are no plans at this time for any specific polls. The Horsemen are amazing sculptors and we leave it to them to make these type of decisions.
6. Since we were recently told that characters requiring more unique sculpting (such as Ram-Man, King Hiss or Two-Bad) will only happen if MOTUC is sold in retail stores, does this mean MOTUC will be moving to retail stores soon? If not, has Mattel considered offering those figures at a higher price in order to make them happen? Do to the huge success MOTUC has become, we have been able to allocate more tooling for the line and will now look at adding more highly tooled figures in the future. We would like to see the line make it to retail, but it will not depend on a retail release for these characters. Teela and Battlecat are both 100% tools.
7. When can we expect to see the e-mail customer service feature go into affect, as we are still limited to phone support? Likely later this summer. This is something we are working on.
8. Now that Boomerang Media has purchased the rights to the Filmation Library from Entertainment Rights, is Mattel seeking a deal with Boomerang to lease or purchase the MOTU and POP rights? Sorry, it is Mattel policy not to discuss contractual issues
9. Why did you decide on using Masters of the Universe as the title for the heroic warrior faction instead of how it was used in the classic line or even the 1987 movie as something that indicates all the characters are the ultimate masters of their individual powers, or that one who holds the ultimate power is the true master of the universe? “Masters of the Universe” has been the title of the heroic warriors lead by Man At Arms and He-Man throughout the 2002 series (just check out the 3rd vol episode “The Island”, Dekker clearly states that Duncan leads the “Masters of the Universe”). It was also used as the name of the heroes in the original mini comics. That being said, MOTU has always been designed as an avatar for the imagination. There isn’t any one true correct storyline. If fans want to refer to the “Masters” as all the characters in their personal story lines, that is just as valid.
10. Are there any sold-out figures that will not be seeing a re-release? Likely all of the figures will be considered for re-release in time, but there are no guarentees.