Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.21!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.21!

Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Check out his answers to your Round 21 questions!

-------------------

1. Are Horde Supreme and Horde Prime two different characters, or did Mattel have to change the Horde Prime character's name to Horde Supreme because of rights issues?
    More details about Horde Supreme will be revealed in time!

2. Have you done any additional exploration into the release of an accessory pack or "extra head" pack?
    We’re always looking into new ideas like this, but do not have any specific details to announce yet.

3. Is there any chance of releasing full-body armor on figures like Hordak or He-Ro, rather than the half-body armor we've seen due to the ab crunch articulation? Or maybe releasing full-armor in the accessory pack mentioned above?
    No. We’re pretty excited with the innovative look the Horsemen created for articulated armor and will continue to use it in the MOTUC line.

4. A lot of Fans really liked the clear Power Sword that was shown on the initial He-Ro prototype photos. Is there any chance of this version being released at some point? Or maybe releasing in the accessory pack mentioned above?
    No. There are several very specific reasons He-Ro’s sword is blue, one of which is the reference to the Blue Sword from the vintage weapon pack. Other reasons will be revealed in time!

5. In regards to major design changes that affect multiple figures (such as the half-armor), would Mattel consider doing a poll to gauge reaction from MOTU's audience before hand? This way, Mattel and the 4H can take into consideration what consumers think about a major design issues before it becomes too late to implement any changes.
    We’re very excited about the look the Horsemen created for MOTUC. We’ll continue to listen to fan feedback online and at conventions, but there are no plans at this time for any specific polls. The Horsemen are amazing sculptors and we leave it to them to make these type of decisions.

6. Since we were recently told that characters requiring more unique sculpting (such as Ram-Man, King Hiss or Two-Bad) will only happen if MOTUC is sold in retail stores, does this mean MOTUC will be moving to retail stores soon? If not, has Mattel considered offering those figures at a higher price in order to make them happen?
    Do to the huge success MOTUC has become, we have been able to allocate more tooling for the line and will now look at adding more highly tooled figures in the future. We would like to see the line make it to retail, but it will not depend on a retail release for these characters. Teela and Battlecat are both 100% tools.

7. When can we expect to see the e-mail customer service feature go into affect, as we are still limited to phone support?
    Likely later this summer. This is something we are working on.

8. Now that Boomerang Media has purchased the rights to the Filmation Library from Entertainment Rights, is Mattel seeking a deal with Boomerang to lease or purchase the MOTU and POP rights?
    Sorry, it is Mattel policy not to discuss contractual issues

9. Why did you decide on using Masters of the Universe as the title for the heroic warrior faction instead of how it was used in the classic line or even the 1987 movie as something that indicates all the characters are the ultimate masters of their individual powers, or that one who holds the ultimate power is the true master of the universe?
    “Masters of the Universe” has been the title of the heroic warriors lead by Man At Arms and He-Man throughout the 2002 series (just check out the 3rd vol episode “The Island”, Dekker clearly states that Duncan leads the “Masters of the Universe”). It was also used as the name of the heroes in the original mini comics. That being said, MOTU has always been designed as an avatar for the imagination. There isn’t any one true correct storyline. If fans want to refer to the “Masters” as all the characters in their personal story lines, that is just as valid.

10. Are there any sold-out figures that will not be seeing a re-release?
    Likely all of the figures will be considered for re-release in time, but there are no guarentees.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 22!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    And, have fun discussing Toy Guru's answers to your Round 21 questions!

Thanks for the answers!!! Interesting read on the tooling question...
    My post count just got bigger.

The answer to question 6 is quite cool!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    LOVE the announcement about the armors, and the answer to #5!

Teela and Battlecat are both 100% tools.
    *SNICKER*

I know , I know....I just couldn't resist.

Anyways the good news is they can reuse Teela for Green Goddess and Evil Lyn. # figs for the price of one new set of tools

Quote Originally Posted by morpheuzx View Post
    *SNICKER*

I was going to do the exact same thing

Not a great deal of good answers. It is good to know that MOTUC is selling above expectations. I prefer buying from Matty Collector as opposed to having these in retail (providing the figures can last more than a couple of hours before selling out) because I doubt they would even make it this far down.

I am a little bit worried about that last answer. I am starting to think I will never get a King Grayskull at a decent price

Do to the huge success MOTUC has become, we have been able to allocate more tooling for the line and will now look at adding more highly tooled figures in the future.

but it will not depend on a retail release for these characters.]
    What a relief it is to hear this! I love how it's 'huge success' instead of just plain old 'success'.

Extendar before Ram-Man!

No. There are several very specific reasons He-Ro’s sword is blue, one of which is the reference to the Blue Sword from the vintage weapon pack. Other reasons will be revealed in time!
    Could one of those be...She-Ra?

Quote Originally Posted by morpheuzx View Post
    *SNICKER*

LOL!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

No. There are several very specific reasons He-Ro’s sword is blue, one of which is the reference to the Blue Sword from the vintage weapon pack.

Wow i had The Sword of He and never realized

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Thanks for the answers.

Love the reply about more unique sculpts! Maybe we won't be waiting for Ram-Man as long as we thought we would!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Classic & 200X fan
    OMG, we can get Ram Man and Two-Bad now? AWESOME.

The answer to questin #1 is interesting. Seems like something is in the works
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Great!! Now im waiting for King Hiss and for a King Grayskull re-release, and for all the other characters to come!!
    Im EXCITED!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    2. Have you done any additional exploration into the release of an accessory pack or "extra head" pack?
    We’re always looking into new ideas like this, but do not have any specific details to announce yet.
    At least they are looking into something like this. Maybe as one of the extras in 2010?

3. Is there any chance of releasing full-body armor on figures like Hordak or He-Ro, rather than the half-body armor we've seen due to the ab crunch articulation? Or maybe releasing full-armor in the accessory pack mentioned above?
    No. We’re pretty excited with the innovative look the Horsemen created for articulated armor and will continue to use it in the MOTUC line.
    Uh oh. This won't go well with the armor crowd...

5. In regards to major design changes that affect multiple figures (such as the half-armor), would Mattel consider doing a poll to gauge reaction from MOTU's audience before hand? This way, Mattel and the 4H can take into consideration what consumers think about a major design issues before it becomes too late to implement any changes.
    We’re very excited about the look the Horsemen created for MOTUC. We’ll continue to listen to fan feedback online and at conventions, but there are no plans at this time for any specific polls. The Horsemen are amazing sculptors and we leave it to them to make these type of decisions.
    LOL! Nice try, whomever asked that question, but we don't have any control.
    I think the ONLY thing we can do is to make it perfectly clear what we don't want waaaay before that character is made so the 4H will know what not to do.

6. Since we were recently told that characters requiring more unique sculpting (such as Ram-Man, King Hiss or Two-Bad) will only happen if MOTUC is sold in retail stores, does this mean MOTUC will be moving to retail stores soon? If not, has Mattel considered offering those figures at a higher price in order to make them happen?
    Do to the huge success MOTUC has become, we have been able to allocate more tooling for the line and will now look at adding more highly tooled figures in the future. We would like to see the line make it to retail, but it will not depend on a retail release for these characters. Teela and Battlecat are both 100% tools.
    I knew this would be the case. I've been saying maybe the whole tooling issue WAS the case, but things are much better now due to sales AND MOTUC getting an increased budget for the year. The more MOTUC keeps proving itself, the better the budget will be.

9. Why did you decide on using Masters of the Universe as the title for the heroic warrior faction instead of how it was used in the classic line or even the 1987 movie as something that indicates all the characters are the ultimate masters of their individual powers, or that one who holds the ultimate power is the true master of the universe?
    “Masters of the Universe” has been the title of the heroic warriors lead by Man At Arms and He-Man throughout the 2002 series (just check out the 3rd vol episode “The Island”, Dekker clearly states that Duncan leads the “Masters of the Universe”). It was also used as the name of the heroes in the original mini comics. That being said, MOTU has always been designed as an avatar for the imagination. There isn’t any one true correct storyline. If fans want to refer to the “Masters” as all the characters in their personal story lines, that is just as valid.
    So in MOTUC, MAA is the boss again and He-Man the MVP?

In a way I could see it, since He-Man was really an irresponsible kid initially in MYP. In Filmation, Adam actually WAS He-Man but in a weaker body, playing irresponsibility and could conceivably be leader. And mini-comic He-Man was a man, period, so leadership was no question.

Man...I think Prince Adam is the most anticipated figure, STORYWISE. We have to find out if he changes into He-Man regularly, how old is he, does look any different...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    The answer to questin #1 is interesting. Seems like something is in the works
    Taco Bell is coming out with Horde Taco Supremes.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Uh oh. This won't go well with the armor crowd...
    Well, it settles it in any case.

whether I come to regret it or not, remains to be seen. I guess I'll know when we see Fisto or King Randor.

but at the moment, I'm pretty happy about this announcement, though I'm also aware that others aren't so much. I'm trying not to gloat, but I am also very happy that the articulation has been saved.

Not liking them pushing the Masters being just the good guys only.

There was only one or two mentions in the old line of the good guys being called 'Masters of the Universe' EVERYTHING else said that they were all Masters.
    What's wrong with Heroic Warriors??!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Classic & 200X fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post

There was only one or two mentions in the old line of the good guys being called 'Masters of the Universe' EVERYTHING else said that they were all Masters.

Yeah but you have to add that "one or two mentions in the old line" to them being called Masters in just about every episode of the more current MYP cartoon. I think its nice when 200X gets a nod, anywhere it can get it in this line.
    Last edited by Kafos; July 7, 2009 at 09:08am.

As ToyGuru said, it can be whatever you want in your own personal mythos.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC does go back to it's roots after all...even in this case.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

It's roots is that they were all called Masters of the Universe.
    It was one of the few things that annoyed the hell out of me about the 200x toon.
    Keeping one of the few lame things about the 200x line isn't cool in my book.

It's not always about what we have in our head, it's also about what non fans see.
    I don't want non fans to see that only the good guys are called Masters of the Universe as they were never called that until the MYP show. It just doesn't fit and it's a bit lame calling you and your gang 'Masters of the Universe'. I know Man-at-arms can be cocky but that's pushing it!
    www.eamonart.com

Classic & 200X fan
    It's roots is that they were all called Masters of the Universe.
    It was one of the few things that annoyed the hell out of me about the 200x toon.
    Keeping one of the few lame things about the 200x line isn't cool in my book.

It's not always about what we have in our head, it's also about what non fans see.
    I don't want non fans to see that only the good guys are called Masters of the Universe as they were never called that until the MYP show. It just doesn't fit and it's a bit lame calling you and your gang 'Masters of the Universe'. I know Man-at-arms can be cocky but that's pushing it!
    Your worried what non fans are going to think when they see the good guys called "motu"?. I think after a non fan see's names like Buzz-off,Fisto,Two-Bad, Stinkor, and He-RO they won't even think twice about what the good guys call themselfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafos View Post
    Your worried what non fans are going to think when they see the good guys called "motu"?. I think after a non fan see's names like Buzz-off,Fisto,Two-Bad, Stinkor, and He-RO they won't even think twice about what the good guys call themselfs.
    Because names like Captain America, Ant Man, Green Arrow and Doctor Octopus are so much more sophisticated!
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    I absolutely love the fact that there is an "annoyance" in his voice in the answers. sure, i know everyone has opinoins on the armor, but after a while people, give it a rest!! lol.

there are + and - about this whole forum in that sense. yeah its good to give imput, but after a while, can't we just relax and let them MAKE MOTU TOYS FOR US!!! lol.

(i am not a fan of the new armor also, but i am a fan of the new TOYLINE)

does anyone else sense this in his answers, like he is replying to kids, in a really nice professional way? or is it just me?!?!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    So in MOTUC, MAA is the boss again and He-Man the MVP?

In a way I could see it, since He-Man was really an irresponsible kid initially in MYP. In Filmation, Adam actually WAS He-Man but in a weaker body, playing irresponsibility and could conceivably be leader. And mini-comic He-Man was a man, period, so leadership was no question.

Man...I think Prince Adam is the most anticipated figure, STORYWISE. We have to find out if he changes into He-Man regularly, how old is he, does look any different...
    Personally I'm hoping for the Filmation "pretending" story. Since I imagine they will be going with the original re-paint idea, my guess will be he's been changing since 16, he's now about 18-20. I have no doubt they will keep the secret identity thing (i don't know how it fits with techno-vest...) its been a major part of He-man since (nearly) the beginning.

I can totally see MAA being the "boss." He's the one in charge of the Royal Army, He's the one with all the experience...

He-man is... Well we HOPE he's around when we need him. Nobody knows where he lives, He just seems to know when he's needed. When the king wants to summon He-man, he really has no way of doing it. He has to go through Man-at-arms to do it. Certainly not someone they could put in charge of the Elite supersoldier program