Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.21!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    In reference to question #9, I was watching one of those old Golden Books VHS tapes the other day. In one of the stories, they referred to the heroes as the "Masters of the Universe." I definitely thought that was interesting, as I thought the 200x series was the first time this was done. Apparently that is not the case at all.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    It's roots is that they were all called Masters of the Universe.
    It was one of the few things that annoyed the hell out of me about the 200x toon.
    Keeping one of the few lame things about the 200x line isn't cool in my book.
    But the term wasn't started by the 200X cartoon. They just brought it back. The good guys were called The Masters of the Universe in the original media--the Alcala mini-comics, the Golden Books.

Around 1984-85, it became an all inclusive term, as He-Man and Skeletor's factions were called the Heroic and Evil Warriors respectively.

If anything, for some fans, this is another case of MOTUC being too classic, where it takes a step backwards. If the whole 200X design element is it's most blatant reversion, this is one of the more subtile ones, where we go from Filmation era (1984-85) back to Pre-Filmation (1981-83).

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm fairly sure that several characters will have been designed with a half armour before matty approved it. surely they can't be so stupid to ignore chars like fisto. If you look at M@A's armour, it leads me to think that there could still be some sculpting over the abs.

interested they said they refuse to comment on filmation after they used to say "no. we're not going after it"
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

OK the armor thing... yes some fans don't like the design, however Hordak sold out in less than an hour!!!! If fans don't like it, don't buy it, that is the only way Mattel will change their minds regarding the armor issue. If a company can sell out ALL of their product in less than an hour, why the heck would they change that formula? Speak with your money, if that many people didn't like the armor, Hordak would still be for sale. If I was Mattel I wouldn't change a thing.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

4. A lot of Fans really liked the clear Power Sword that was shown on the initial He-Ro prototype photos. Is there any chance of this version being released at some point? Or maybe releasing in the accessory pack mentioned above?
    No. There are several very specific reasons He-Ro’s sword is blue, one of which is the reference to the Blue Sword from the vintage weapon pack. Other reasons will be revealed in time!
    This is annoying, cos I dont know about any other collectors, but i personally couldnt care less if the Clear/Black sword is woven into the mythos.

I just really think its Cool and I want one! and it would be a far more appreciated bonus than the Warrior Ring.
    I dont think we are asking for a Bio for the Black sword, we just want the cool toy! we can weave it into our own Stories!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; July 7, 2009 at 11:34am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Classic & 200X fan
    Because names like Captain America, Ant Man, Green Arrow and Doctor Octopus are so much more sophisticated!
    THOSE names are mainstream, VERY well known mames, that's been around since..when, the 40's? 50's and 60's? See, those names are as common to people as Buzz-Off is to us. Buzz-Off just sounds right to us. That's simply his name. But to the average non fan, Cap would ALWAYS be cooler then "Stinkor".

Quote Originally Posted by ajac71 View Post
    This is annoying, cos I dont know about any other collectors, but i personally couldnt care less if the Clear/Black sword is woven into the mythos, I just really think its Cool and I want one! and it would be a far more appreciated bonus than the Warrior Ring.
    I dont think we are asking for a Bio for the Black sword, we just want the cool toy! we can weave it into our own Stories!
    I agree. Tri-Klops comes with the Warrior Ring but nothing is mentioned in his bio about it so why can't the clear/black power sword be packed in with any figure?

Hell, they could even pack it in with a re-release King Grayskull which would make it different from the SDCC version and it could also be tied in with the bios to explain how the Sword of He went from Blue (He-Ro) to flat grey (He-Man). King Grayskull with the clear/black sword is the middle of the Sword of He evolution

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    didnt some guys make a fisto sword years ago when it didnt come with one?

can't someone sculpt a sword, make blue/orange/red.... a bunch of them?

is that hard? i am just curious, cause i know some sculptors were into that sort of thing? anyone know someone in here that could or would take orders, cause i sure would like one!

Quote Originally Posted by morpheuzx View Post
    *SNICKER*

I know , I know....I just couldn't resist.
    This had me laughing for ten minutes...

Great answers. I am particularly intrigued by the Horde Prime/Supreme answer. More bios needed!

Heroic Warrior
    I love the answer about Her-Ro's sword.

Fans: Ooh we love the black star sword He-Ro is getting
    Mattel: Oops, that's the wrong sword. Here's the right one; it's blue.
    Fans: But we prefer the black one. Can He-Ro have the black one instead?
    Mattel: No.
    Fans: Ok, but how about if you sell the black one in an accessory pack.
    Fans: But we really love the black one.
    Mattel: We don't care.
    Fans: But we'll give you extra money for it.
    Mattel: We don't want your money.
    Fans: PLEASE

[QUOTE=Kafos;2140742]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafos View Post
    THOSE names are mainstream, VERY well known mames, that's been around since..when, the 40's? 50's and 60's? See, those names are as common to people as Buzz-Off is to us. Buzz-Off just sounds right to us. That's simply his name. But to the average non fan, Cap would ALWAYS be cooler then "Stinkor".
    Well yeah, Stinkor is the worst example.
    But those superhero names are still silly no matter how mainstream they are.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Classic & 200X fan
    [QUOTE=Eamon;2140868]

Well yeah, Stinkor is the worst example.
    But those superhero names are still silly no matter how mainstream they are.
    Oh I agree they are heh. Just accepted by people.
    big geek

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
    I love the answer about Her-Ro's sword.

Fans: Ooh we love the black star sword He-Ro is getting
    Mattel: Oops, that's the wrong sword. Here's the right one; it's blue.
    Fans: But we prefer the black one. Can He-Ro have the black one instead?
    Fans: Ok, but how about if you sell the black one in an accessory pack.
    Fans: But we really love the black one.
    Mattel: We don't care.
    Fans: But we'll give you extra money for it.
    Mattel: We don't want your money.
    Fans: PLEASE
    It's like a parent taking their kid into Toys R Us and saying, "We're going in here but I am not buying you anything." The kid is usually baffled by this and spends the entire time in the store trying to "justify the why"
    Meanwhile the parent, can't seem to understand where their kid is coming from.
    I would rather not be taken into the store if I can't have something.

Mattel took us into the store, and now we can't have it.

Weren't there a couple guys on this and other forums sculpting and casting swords for another cosmic warrior? Maybe if we ask them nicely they'll cast some of these in the smoky starry black.
    Or we can go to our local hobby/model shops and pick up the stuff and make our own.
    A press mold of He-Man's sword and some flexy-resin with glitter in it.

Heroic Warrior
    It really does look good for retail. I can see MOTUC hitting the retail market in 18 months.

I had no idea the Filmation library had been purchased. I hope they release MOTU, POP, NA and MOTU200x on DVD in Europe.

I wonder if MOTU does make it to retail, that the original TV show could be repeated on TV - after all it was an advertisement. It hasn't been aired in the UK for years. I wonder if it might spur a deal between Mattel and Boomagerang to produce the characters that only appeared in the shows.

Now that there's some additional funds for the tooling, I'm really hoping they use those funds wisely and press forward with the MOTUC line, instead of double-dipping on characters that have already been produced or totally revamping characters who don't need it. Like I don't want them to say: "Oh, let's go back and make a 100% newly-tooled He-Man!" or for them to waste it on making a 100% newly-tooled Clawful in a BIGGER size. No, that is unnecessary.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Classic & 200X fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    or for them to waste it on making a 100% newly-tooled Clawful in a BIGGER size. No, that is unnecessary.
    I think that would be awesome.
    big geek

Now that there's some additional funds for the tooling, I'm really hoping they use those funds wisely and press forward with the MOTUC line, instead of double-dipping on characters that have already been produced or totally revamping characters who don't need it. Like I don't want them to say: "Oh, let's go back and make a 100% newly-tooled He-Man!" or for them to waste it on making a 100% newly-tooled Clawful in a BIGGER size. No, that is unnecessary.
    I agree. I'd rather get to all the major characters first before going back and doing a "Big Clawful" or something absurd like that.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    OK the armor thing... yes some fans don't like the design, however Hordak sold out in less than an hour!!!! If fans don't like it, don't buy it, that is the only way Mattel will change their minds regarding the armor issue. If a company can sell out ALL of their product in less than an hour, why the heck would they change that formula? Speak with your money, if that many people didn't like the armor, Hordak would still be for sale. If I was Mattel I wouldn't change a thing.
    That's the thing, though, some people didn't buy Hordak because of the armor. At least, I saw a few folks who said that the half armor was a deal breaker; no idea if they followed through with what they said. In any case, I'm sure the folks who hated it with the fire of a thousand suns didn't buy it, but they were just so few that it didn't matter! Mattel said it, and most of us say it as well: it's not gona change. The folks who don't like it (but not enough not to get the figure) are just gona deal with it because it doesn't matter that much. Like you said, it pays the bills, they aren't gona change anything, and that pretty much shows the majority saying the armor isn't a big deal.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    The answer to question 6 is quite cool!
    I hope that King Hiss does get released in the near future...he's the other 1 i really wanted!
    "A Race 2 What And Where We Going?
    We In The Same Boat
    But Eye'M The Only One Rowin
    Last Time Eye Checked U Were Sleepin'
    …but U Can Call Me A Dreamer 2"

Quote Originally Posted by ajac71 View Post
    This is annoying, cos I dont know about any other collectors, but i personally couldnt care less if the Clear/Black sword is woven into the mythos. I just really think its Cool and I want one! and it would be a far more appreciated bonus than the Warrior Ring. I dont think we are asking for a Bio for the Black sword, we just want the cool toy! we can weave it into our own Stories!
    Exactly. I actually submitted the black He-Ro sword question because I really wanted the black one and I prefer it over the blue one. I was a bit disappointed in the "No" answer. I was expecting a "Maybe" or "this is something we will look into" answer.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I agree. I'd rather get to all the major characters first before going back and doing a "Big Clawful" or something absurd like that.
    My thoughts exactly. I want a complete MOTUC collection before tooling is wasted on different interpretations of an already released MOTUC character.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    A newly tooled He-Man (if it's better than the old version) and a bigger Clawful (if it's like the Staction) would sell. Let's face it, if the line doesn't recycle major characters or newer versions of already relased characters to keep the interest up, the line will die from trying to sell the majority of the characters who would be left...D-list characters. You'll need those characters to keep the line fresh, so you can get those obscure characters mixed in.

Zodac lasting a few days proved that all MOTUC won't sell like hotcakes. Imagine characters less liked than Zodac is when the hype from the line has cooled down?

I figured we had a new tooling budget when we starting seeing warrior rings, an accessory that you can't even use with they toys. As well as new weapons for MAA (including the 200X sword) and Tri-Klops' knives.

If they are using resources on making bigger figures or revamping older ones, 100% new tooling is no longer the impossibility that it was.

I'd prefer making the larger characters 1/4 to 1/2 inch bigger from the gate instead of making the big characters the same size as everyone else.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 7, 2009 at 03:01pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Not liking them pushing the Masters being just the good guys only.

There was only one or two mentions in the old line of the good guys being called 'Masters of the Universe' EVERYTHING else said that they were all Masters.
    What's wrong with Heroic Warriors??!
    Agreed! There are the Heroic Warriors/Heroic Masters of the Universe, and there are the Evil Warriors/Evil Masters of the Universe!
    THOSE names are mainstream, VERY well known mames, that's been around since..when, the 40's? 50's and 60's?
    Well then, I guess it's simply a matter of time before Stinkor becomes a household name, eh?
    Stinkor: Brilliant name btw, imo!
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Zodac lasting a few days proved that all MOTUC won't sell like hotcakes. Imagine characters less liked than Zodac is when the hype from the line has cooled down?
    You're right, but otherhand future characters are more "cooler". Zodac/ Stratos are worst figures (but loved characters) if you look main design and accessories. For now on there is only better and better figures to come. +4H great sculpting that gives more "cool" effect to characters like Gwildor or Snout Spout.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    But then we wouldn't have Hordak at all.
    And thus miss alot of other figures.
    Either way they got us and they know it.
    Cause I sure as heck am not going to pass up a MOTU character-lol.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

I can't wait for Prince Adam! I think they'll do something really cool with him.

I wish people would get off the ab-crunch armor issue. It's not gonna change--they've told us in so many ways already.

Is it just me or does Mattel seem to feel like they need a pat on the back for "fully tooling" Teela and Battlecat? Did they NOT know that they would need to create a Battle Cat? Did they NOT know they would eventually have to start making girls? Battle Cat is an essential character to MOTU, and while Teela is as well, creating a tool of her is just the tip of the iceburg. They'll be re-using parts off of her for some 30+ figures if they honor their implied promises for the series. Oh, well. Good answers all around....