Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.21!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Now that there's some additional funds for the tooling, I'm really hoping they use those funds wisely and press forward with the MOTUC line, instead of double-dipping on characters that have already been produced or totally revamping characters who don't need it. Like I don't want them to say: "Oh, let's go back and make a 100% newly-tooled He-Man!" or for them to waste it on making a 100% newly-tooled Clawful in a BIGGER size. No, that is unnecessary.
    Some fans wouldn't call 'double dipping' or 'bigger Clawful' a waste.

especially in characters that had radically different looks throughout the many iterations of MOTU.

Sorry but this effort to halt the 200X fans from getting what they want, while expecting people to respect what you want has got to end. Mattel has all but confirmed a 200X He-Man, it's happening. Get used to it, and get used to us asking for more.

Some may say that POP is unnecessary, or the Star Sisters, or a Filmation Accurate She-Ra. Some HAVE said that.

I don't want them wasting molds on Sea Hawk, Dylamug, Vultak, Granita, or Admiral Scurvy.

none of which I feel are important enough to merit a figure. But I'm not about to try to deny somebody something they want.
    Last edited by capitalzero; July 7, 2009 at 06:36pm.

This is a new line, so why wouldn't we get a new release of She-Ra or the Star Sisters. He-Man is already released in this line and I hope we will see many more characters before Mattel starts making many versions of He-Man and Skeletor. That was the 200X lines greatest fault.

Heroic Warrior
    No, ONE VERSION of He-Man is released in this line.

That is not He-Man to every fan, and shouldn't be expected to be. I hope we see the 200X, and NA He Man and Skeletors SOONER than later, so that those fans can get the definitive versions of the characters that THEY prefer. How is it fair that they should do without, while Vintage fans already HAVE their He-Man and Skeletor?

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    A bigger Clawful with 100% new tooling is a waste in the sense that it's allocating funds away from other characters who need it and straying from the purpose of the MOTUC line, which is to re-imagine the characters in such a way that remains mostly true to the classic figures. Clawful was the same size as all the other figures in the original line and wasn't mostly crustacean. A big chunk of him was human-ish. They could still give him some cool updates without going overboard. He's one character that can reuse some parts.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    But that's not being fair to the fans who might prefer one version to another.

I don't see how, if MOTUC is a huge success (and it is) that they can't give us both. Some may say that it took away tooling for another figure, but the only way that would be true is if that other figure never got made. As long as the line stays popular, I don't understand how two Clawfuls would be a problem.

You might just have to wait a while for that 'other' figure. But since we all have to wait, I don't see the problem.

and where has the Classics Mission Statement been clearly stated as being "to re-imagine the characters in such a way that remains mostly true to the classic figures."?

Because if you're just voicing your individual interpretation of the reason behind Classics, here's mine:

"Classics is an all-inclusive line, with limitless possibilities, Which should be all things to all fans."

So long as it maintains fan support, that is.
    Last edited by capitalzero; July 7, 2009 at 06:50pm.

So what, do we need a 200X version for every character released in this line?
    No, cause 200X line is already released!
    I collect all lines, so I'm not against 200X line. I found 200X figures superior in many ways, but this is a new line based on classic figures and I like this figures just how they are now.

especially in characters that had radically different looks throughout the many iterations of MOTU.

Sorry but this effort to halt the 200X fans from getting what they want, while expecting people to respect what you want has got to end. Mattel has all but confirmed a 200X He-Man, it's happening. Get used to it, and get used to us asking for more.

Some may say that POP is unnecessary, or the Star Sisters, or a Filmation Accurate She-Ra. Some HAVE said that.

I don't want them wasting molds on Sea Hawk, Dylamug, Vultak, Granita, or Admiral Scurvy.

none of which I feel are important enough to merit a figure. But I'm not about to try to deny somebody something they want.
    I'm trying to understand your position, capitalzero. I hope I don't sound mean here. But you seem to be feeling what alot of fans (including me) were feeling during the entire 200X line, which did not see any "classic" style releases, except for a couple of bones they threw us in repaints during the staction line, towards the end. I collected one of everything in the 200X figs happily, and could only "wish" for updated originals. It seems that the MOTUC is focused primarily on the classics, while the last two lines were specially focused on what you wanted.

I will show support for your specialty interest by also collecting the 200X inspired figures, which I have only a passing interest in. I want the line to continue and thrive, and money is what talks. But don't feel so harshly for some of the fans who make statements like TallStar did, who have been without updates of their favorite characters since the 80's. Some of our "wants" have never been available at all.

I'm not against you, but it can kind of feel like the kid who was in line ahead of you that gets theirs, then gets back in line ahead of you again. A collector can start to feel shortchanged. Some of us have been waiting in this line for a loooooong time!

Don't get too frustrated. We don't need different factions. I'm just glad for this line. It's the most exciting fig line I've ever collected!
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; July 7, 2009 at 07:00pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by neno View Post
    So what, do we need a 200X version for every character released in this line?
    No, cause 200X line is already released!
    I collect all lines, so I'm not against 200X line. I found 200X figures superior in many ways, but this is a new line based on classic figures and I like this figures just how they are now.
    Nope, I'm satisfied with the hybrids for most characters, and new tooling for main and unique characters who are radically different between eras.

Just like Mattel said.

and I want 200X in Classics for the same reason Vintage fans want Vintage in Classics.

in 200X you didn't have as much articulation as you do in Classics. in 200X, you didn't have the swappable heads. Sorry, but we only want what you've already got.
    Last edited by capitalzero; July 7, 2009 at 06:59pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheuzx View Post
    *SNICKER*

I know , I know....I just couldn't resist.

Anyways the good news is they can reuse Teela for Green Goddess and Evil Lyn. # figs for the price of one new set of tools

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I'm trying to understand your position, capitalzero. I hope I don't sound mean here. But you seem to be feeling what alot of fans (including me) were feeling during the entire 200X line, which did not see any "classic" style releases, except for a couple of bones they threw us in repaints during the staction line, towards the end. I collected one of everything in the 200X figs happily, and could only "wish" for updated originals. It seems that the MOTUC is focused primarily on the classics, while the last two lines were specially focused on what you wanted.

200X was updated Originals, and I didn't hear many complaints from the fans at the time. Only now that fans have a 'choice' are some fans badmouthing 200X. MOTUC may currently have their sights set on the vintage style, but we also know, from multiple reports by ToyGuru and Matty themselves, that they will be expanding to include all eras, INCLUDING 200X.

I will show support for your specialty interest by also collecting the 200X inspired figures, which I have only a passing interest in. I want the line to continue and thrive, and money is what talks. But don't feel so harshly for some of the fans who make statements like TallStar did, who have been without updates (or any release at all) of their favorite classics characters.

I'm not being any more harsh than he has been. I fully support inclusion of She-Ra in this line, and hope fans get some of the Filmation stuff they want as well.

I'm not against you, but it can kind of feel like the kid who was in line ahead of you that gets theirs, then gets back in line ahead of you again. A collector can start to feel shortchanged.

It's funny, I feel the same way, just on the other side of the fence.

Don't get too frustrated. We don't need different factions. I'm just glad for this line. It's the most exciting fig line I've ever collected!

I'm inclined to agree, but some fans have drawn a line in the sand, and I know what side I stand on, when they do.
    but I still respect the opinions of others, and their wants from this line. I try to promote an 'all inclusive' stance, especially when faced with the frustrations of other fans still waiting for a taste of their favorite era.

I can't wait for POP fans to start getting their figures, because that means that NA fans are not far behind, and 200X fans after that!

I really like all lines (MOTU, POP, NA, 200X), but if I have to choose which figure will be released first: NA Skeletor or Optikk, I would pick Optikk.

Heroic Warrior
    so would I.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    A bigger Clawful with 100% new tooling is a waste in the sense that it's allocating funds away from other characters who need it and straying from the purpose of the MOTUC line, which is to re-imagine the characters in such a way that remains mostly true to the classic figures. Clawful was the same size as all the other figures in the original line and wasn't mostly crustacean. A big chunk of him was human-ish. They could still give him some cool updates without going overboard. He's one character that can reuse some parts.
    That's one version of Clawful. There are fans who want the other version of Clawful as well and certainly wouldn't consider it a waste. It's akin to getting a MOTUC Adora and then in May of 2010, Mattel gets the rights to Filmation. Now Mattel could make the "real" Adora versus the one they had to make up from scratch. For some fans, the version of the character released isn't the version that they ultimately want.

As for the purpose of the MOTUC line, making classic versions of the original characters might have been what they initially planned, but Mattel has heard that there are fans who do want the 200X versions of characters.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think that's what they initially planned.

were that the case, they wouldn't have started with a 200X character.

but I still respect the opinions of others, and their wants from this line. I try to promote an 'all inclusive' stance, especially when faced with the frustrations of other fans still waiting for a taste of their favorite era.

I can't wait for POP fans to start getting their figures, because that means that NA fans are not far behind, and 200X fans after that!
    It does seem that we fans have different ideas of the mission statement for MOTUC. Your is all-inclusive, which is nice. Mine is "classics" by definition, which doesn't include the 200X line as a featured theme, since we just had all those 200X figs. I actually don't disagree with your "wants" for the line, after reading your responses on this thread. You don't want a 200X takeover, just for some things 200X to be included.

You commented that "you didn't seem to hear any complaints during the 200X line from classics fans". To be honest, I just didn't think that a classics line was widely favored, and the new versions were tied to the tv show in appearance. I think that so many years after MOTU, just having it back again (in any form) was enough to sing in the streets. But my first question when I saw the 200X style was, why didn't they just make poseable versions of the originals? I had to get used to a new invention of my favorites. I never got used to Teela, by the way. I liked Eternia, filmation style. It's what's "home" to me.
    Despite this, I agree that the MYP series was a big improvement to the storytelling, in most ways.

And your comment that you agree about the "kids in line" statement? Yes, you are right, that is correct. Welcome to the club. Now get back in line, starting from the back. You've been hogging the front counter for seven years. You'll get your turn again!
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; July 7, 2009 at 07:38pm.

Heroic Warrior
    See!, I can be reasonable!

I meant to add: Tallstar may be interpreting the mission statement on his own, but remember that concerns about "wasteful tooling" are not entirely unwarranted. He's a POP fan, and so far, Mattel has promised only ONE Princess of Power figure for the MOTUC line, and he's still waiting for it.
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; July 7, 2009 at 07:45pm.

I don't see how, if MOTUC is a huge success (and it is) that they can't give us both. Some may say that it took away tooling for another figure, but the only way that would be true is if that other figure never got made. As long as the line stays popular, I don't understand how two Clawfuls would be a problem.
    Well they said they do only "one sized" figures, so we don't get that bigger one. MOTUC has it's success because fans are waited those figs and now they sell fast. I'm sorry but fans that want 200x styled figures are in minority and lot of people will skip to buy those figs. That's why it "might" be unprofitable to make those figs. We will see what happens when we get the first 200x fig. Must add that characters like He-Man, Skeletor or Count Marzo would be safe bets, but I'm talking almost everything else from 200x.

and where has the Classics Mission Statement been clearly stated as being "to re-imagine the characters in such a way that remains mostly true to the classic figures."?
    Well, we have seen over ten figs now, so I think that is the guide line here. And hey, it works!

MOTUC may currently have their sights set on the vintage style, but we also know, from multiple reports by ToyGuru and Matty themselves, that they will be expanding to include all eras, INCLUDING 200X.
    What if this means just bios, extra accessories, some details like Webstor's legs plus few new characters and easy updates (Count Marzo, Faceless One or Zodac) ?
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

I don't think that's what they initially planned.

were that the case, they wouldn't have started with a 200X character.
    Okay, lemme clarify. Originally, any 200X character was going to look as if that character was going to come from the 80's, reusing parts and all of that.

The idea that things have changed is because fans made a stink about that and wanted real 200X versions of the MOTUC characters, so the whole "we can get by with just the classic versions of the characters" wasn't going to work anymore.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Well they said they do only "one sized" figures, so we don't get that bigger one.

What about Tytus, Megator, or Ram Man then?

MOTUC has it's success because fans are waited those figs and now they sell fast. I'm sorry but fans that want 200x styled figures are in minority and lot of people will skip to buy those figs.

In the minority maybe, but it's still a large group of fans.

That's why it "might" be unprofitable to make those figs. We will see what happens when we get the first 200x fig.

We already did!

Must add that characters like He-Man, Skeletor or Count Marzo would be safe bets, but I'm talking almost everything else from 200x.

Mattel said that most A-Listers would be considered, so I'm hoping they consider Clawful an A-Lister. Sorceress too, for that matter (tho I'm pretty sure that's one of the ones they had in mind).

Well, we have seen over ten figs now, so I think that is the guide line here. And hey, it works!

Guideline, perhaps, but we're gonna be venturing into 'new sculpt' territory soon, and then the sky's the limit!

What if this means just bios, extra accessories, some details like Webstor's legs plus few new characters and easy updates (Count Marzo, Faceless One or Zodac) ?

I doubt that's all it means
    time will tell!

Oh boy, where to start? There's way too much to quote, so I'm just going throw out some quick-fire responses without clicking on a bazillion different posts.

From the very start Mattel plugged MOTUC as being an all-inclusive line, but I never interpreted that as meaning an eventual return to the 200X style of figures. I don't think Mattel intended that either. Sure they're bringing some of the characters from the MYP series into this new line and using some of the 200X design elements, such as Hordak's staff, (and I'm fine with all of that), but the point is all those things are being transformed to fit in with the NEW MOTUC style... What some of the 200X fans are asking for is pretty much a new sub-line of figures.

Secondly, no offense, but it's hard to sympathize with the 200X cause when you guys already had an entire (recent) toy line and cartoon in the style that you want. Even now, MYP-only characters and 200X-ish style accessories etc. are being put into the line before a single POP or NA character has been made.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

That's why it "might" be unprofitable to make those figs. We will see what happens when we get the first 200x fig.

We already did!
    All never done before characters like King Greyskull would be welcome just if they are "key characters". Bunch of A,B or C list characters that just have been released already don't need a 200x version. I bet that would hurt the line.

If they make Ram-Man I hope and I guess he's going to be normal size fig. Tytus & Megator would be special cases (I hope they are Giants).
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    Tallstar: You have my sympathies.

What we want is what you want. Characters we love, in a superarticulated figure. We just want them in the style we prefer.

now, as you said, YOU never interpreted it to mean an eventual return to the 200X style of figures, but the way I see it, if they can make new molds for Tytus and Megator, than a new 'colossal' body buck shouldn't be out of the question for characters like 200X Clawful, Tung Lashor, or Whiplash.

And no, We're not asking for a new subline of figures, I'm actually AGAINST a subline. And so is Mattel.

What I want are Classic figure bucks, with 200X style costumes and detailing, and in the case of characters who were radically different from their vintage counterparts (IE Clawful) an individual release.

I'm not saying I need Clawful right away, but it'd be nice to see the POSSIBILITY of him, especially since we're moving into 'unique tooling' territory anyway.

What I want are Classic figure bucks, with 200X style costumes and detailing, and in the case of characters who were radically different from their vintage counterparts (IE Clawful) an individual release.
    I thought this was what was going to be happening with 200x in the classics line?

No offense to those that want it but I would hate to see 200x sculpts again. The MOTUC is the future, 200x is the past

Now MOTUC sculpts with 200x inspired designs and details is a different thing all together and I would welcome that in a heartbeat

I think the thing to remember is this line is still in its infancy. Patience is the key

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Bunch of A,B or C list characters that just have been released already don't need a 200x version. I bet that would hurt the line.
    Why would it? If anything, that's what the collectors who aren't hardcore MOTU fans would want. Additionally, it's another way to keep those A-list characters constantly available in the line after the 15th is long gone.

Just because MOTUC is all the rage doesn't mean that no one would buy 200X versions of those characters if they were being offered.

A MOTUC version of 200X Skeletor would probably sell rings around MOTUC Zodac.

However, if Mattel released 200X versions of MOTUC, it might be shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to the rest of the vintage figures. Collectors who aren't hardcore MOTU fans might hold off buying a parts and paint swapped original character in order to wait for the far more detailed and extra tooled 200X version.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I thought this was what was going to be happening with 200x in the classics line?

No offense to those that want it but I would hate to see 200x sculpts again. The MOTUC is the future, 200x is the past

Now MOTUC sculpts with 200x inspired designs and details is a different thing all together and I would welcome that in a heartbeat

I think the thing to remember is this line is still in its infancy. Patience is the key
    That's what 200X in MOTUC will foreseeably be like. MOTUC bodies with new parts to make the whole parts re-use less blatant in an effort to make the characters look more unique like they were 7 years ago.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 7, 2009 at 10:10pm.