Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.21!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Also, if you're talking about a 200x figure like SA He-Man, that will require enough new parts that a new character like Stinkor or Jitsu or Randor could be made.

And sorry, but I can't prioritize a variant over a new character.

At this point, someone like Zodak could be made relatively easily (new head, staff, new loincloth) so I'd be all for "easy" figures like that.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Also, if you're talking about a 200x figure like SA He-Man, that will require enough new parts that a new character like Stinkor or Jitsu or Randor could be made.

And sorry, but I can't prioritize a variant over a new character.

At this point, someone like Zodak could be made relatively easily (new head, staff, new loincloth) so I'd be all for "easy" figures like that.
    Wouldn't 200X MOTUC be bonus figures anyway and not interfere with the regular releases?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Classic & 200X fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wouldn't 200X MOTUC be bonus figures anyway and not interfere with the regular releases?
    Yeah, I made that quit clear in my post I thought Laz. I don't want them taking over the monthly spot anymore then you do, but bonus figures.
    big geek

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Mattel recently mention something about possibly releasing two figures a month? It would be cool if they released an MOTU figure then a POP, NA, or 200X character as the second figure. Everyone wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I know Man-at-arms can be cocky but that's pushing it!
    I like the fatherly version of Man-At-Arms from Filmation and not the Nick Fury with a baby pony tail from MYP's toon. He'd be a victim of friendly fire if I was around him.

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post

does anyone else sense this in his answers, like he is replying to kids, in a really nice professional way? or is it just me?!?!
    I get that that as well. He seems to think we're kids or socially inept adults. His line about our own "personal storylines" always weirds me out. Maybe I'm alone here, but I'm not writing fan fiction at home to go along with my new toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    In reference to question #9, I was watching one of those old Golden Books VHS tapes the other day. In one of the stories, they referred to the heroes as the "Masters of the Universe." I definitely thought that was interesting, as I thought the 200x series was the first time this was done. Apparently that is not the case at all.
    I've never even heard of these before. What was the animation like?

Quote Originally Posted by Kafos View Post
    THOSE names are mainstream, VERY well known mames, that's been around since..when, the 40's? 50's and 60's? See, those names are as common to people as Buzz-Off is to us. Buzz-Off just sounds right to us. That's simply his name. But to the average non fan, Cap would ALWAYS be cooler then "Stinkor".
    I don't see those names as very mainstream. Except for Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman(thanks to his powers being fodder for many comedians' stand-up material), Spider-Man, and The Incredible Hulk, I don't think any superheroes have been household names until they either appeared in movies or lame press releases talking about how they're either being killed or resurrected.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; July 8, 2009 at 01:19pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

The a character out there called the Black Lama!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    Nope, I'm satisfied with the hybrids for most characters, and new tooling for main and unique characters who are radically different between eras.

Just like Mattel said.

and I want 200X in Classics for the same reason Vintage fans want Vintage in Classics.

in 200X you didn't have as much articulation as you do in Classics. in 200X, you didn't have the swappable heads. Sorry, but we only want what you've already got.

You already have more than what Vintage fans have. King Grayskull, an MYP character, is the only toy in this line to have 2 different figures(3 if you include Spirit Of Grayskull). I don't see any agressive Vintage fans getting angry over this.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Warrior
    forgive me for not understanding a word you just said.

I'm not being any more harsh than he has been. I fully support inclusion of She-Ra in this line, and hope fans get some of the Filmation stuff they want as well.

Why wouldn't you? She-Ra was released as a part of the 2002 line.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Warrior
    but she was never in any of the fiction.

forgive me for not understanding a word you just said.

capitalzero: wants everything that the "Vintage fans" are getting but in a 2002 style.

King Grayskull: an MYP character and not a "Vintage" one. He has had 3 toys released already; Regular, Statue variant, and Spirit Of Grayskull variant.

"Vintage Fans": have not complained(at least none that I have seen) that the only toy in the Masters Of The Universe Classics line to have received 2 variants is an MYP character and not a "Vintage" one.

THUS 2002 fans have received something that "Vintage fans" haven't so far.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Warrior
    And Vintage fans have recieved far more than that in terms of characters, releases, promises, etc.

so it more than tips the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Bravo for sticking to your guns.

I think the fact that Hordak only lasted an hour on Matty Collector just shows you that you are not alone in not wanting to purchase a figure with half armour
    Sales don't always mean quality. I have seen & heard more complaints than praise for Marvel Comics under Editor-In-Chief Joe Quesada and Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen. Guess what, they both lead the pack.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Hordak's armor since I don't care about articulation, but it wasn't so bad that it made me re-think collecting the MOTUC line. It just goes to show that a lot of people don't always put their money where their mouth is.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Sales don't always mean quality. I have seen & heard more complaints than praise for Marvel Comics under Editor-In-Chief Joe Quesada and Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen. Guess what, they both lead the pack.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Hordak's armor since I don't care about articulation, but it wasn't so bad that it made me re-think collecting the MOTUC line. It just goes to show that a lot of people don't always put their money where their mouth is.
    That's true. I get that alot with comic books and other toylines. Even video games.

People might ***** and complain online, but will be among the first to support the very thing that they are complaining about. Their online personas might make you THINK they would never support the line, but in reality they are the ones who are the fastest supporters.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    In my defense, I came around eventually.

I'm still not 100% satisfied, but with a promise of things to come, I soon very well could be.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    I'm not understanding this arguement very well. Personally, I loved the "re-vision" of the 200x series but that's all it was people... a "re-vision" of the old. Zodak is Zodac regardless of skin color and name spelling. It's like the Kingpin in the Daredevil movie. He was black. That doesn't make him a different Kingpin than the caucasian blob of a man in Marvel's paper pages. He-Man is He-Man... whether he's in a loincloth or Snake Armor or blue pants. Fans of 200x have to love that they have He-Man, even if he doesn't have anime hair.

So yeah, I wanna see some more designs from the 200x re-vision make their way into the MOTUC line but at the end of the day... for the most part... we're talking about wardrobe and make-up people. Wardrobe and make-up.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    I'm not understanding this arguement very well. Personally, I loved the "re-vision" of the 200x series but that's all it was people... a "re-vision" of the old. Zodak is Zodac regardless of skin color and name spelling. It's like the Kingpin in the Daredevil movie. He was black. That doesn't make him a different Kingpin than the caucasian blob of a man in Marvel's paper pages. He-Man is He-Man... whether he's in a loincloth or Snake Armor or blue pants. Fans of 200x have to love that they have He-Man, even if he doesn't have anime hair.

So yeah, I wanna see some more designs from the 200x re-vision make their way into the MOTUC line but at the end of the day... for the most part... we're talking about wardrobe and make-up people. Wardrobe and make-up.
    Zodac is so radically different from Zodak in concept and manner, as well as look he might as well be a new character, unlike most of the other 200X characters who were more or less the same character as before. Zodac uses a gun, was recruited by the Overlords of Trolla, is neutral, travels the stars and doesn't have any history with King Hiss. Zodak uses a staff, knows kung fu, lives in the mountains, isn't neutral and lost a brother to King Hiss. Zodac's bio mentions none of this.

Mattel using the 200X storylines for all the other characters but Zodac might be evidence that a 200X Zodak might be coming eventually.

Zodac is so radically different from Zodak in concept and manner, as well as look he might as well be a new character, unlike most of the other 200X characters who were more or less the same character as before. Zodac uses a gun, was recruited by the Overlords of Trolla, is neutral, travels the stars and doesn't have any history with King Hiss. Zodak uses a staff, knows kung fu, lives in the mountains, isn't neutral and lost a brother to King Hiss. Zodac's bio mentions none of this.

Mattel using the 200X storylines for all the other characters but Zodac might be evidence that a 200X Zodak might be coming eventually.
    But it's still just a "re-vision". One person's way of telling the story vs another's. It's like superhero movie continuity vs comic book pages continuity. Same characters - different way of introducing them or using them in the story.

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Heroic Warrior
    Fans of 200x have to love that they have He-Man, even if he doesn't have anime hair.
    No, I don't.

I have MOTUC He-Man as a place holder only. Until the REAL He-Man (IMO) shows up.

But it's still just a "re-vision". One person's way of telling the story vs another's. It's like superhero movie continuity vs comic book pages continuity. Same characters - different way of introducing them or using them in the story.
    The idea is because the two characters are so different, they could co-exist in MOTUC since they have different histories and different looks. Since the Cosmic Enforcers and the Overlords of Trolla are like the green Lantern Corps, I think that it's a way that they could make Zodak in the same canon as Zodac (as yet another cosmic enforcer) without stepping on each other's toes.

It's like comparing Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) with normal 616 Spider-Man (Peter Parker). Both are basically supposed to be Spider-Man, but are two entirely different characters.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 8, 2009 at 02:59pm.

The idea is because the two characters are so different, they could co-exist in MOTUC since they have different histories and different looks. Since the Cosmic Enforcers and the Overlords of Trolla are like the green Lantern Corps, I think that it's a way that they could make Zodak in the same canon as Zodac (as yet another cosmic enforcer) without stepping on each other's toes.

It's like comparing Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) with normal 616 Spider-Man (Peter Parker). Both are basically supposed to be Spider-Man, but are two entirely different characters.
    Ok, I understand your point... but you also make my point... "both are basically supposed to be _____, but are two entirely different characters."

I see your point. I actually like the parallel comparisson to the GL Corps idea.

Heroic Warrior
    MGM: it's not that they don't understand, IMO, it's that they want things THEIR WAY only, and won't accept an alternative viewpoint, especially when it removes them from their comfort zone.

admittedly, I'm the same way a lot of times, but the way I see it, I have to be this way, I'm only fighting fire with fire.

there is hope, however, as many people are willing to look at alternative POVs when presented respectfully.

which is why you're the pillow to my rock.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    A bonus figure that requires more new parts than an "easy" regular release?

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71 View Post
    This is annoying, cos I dont know about any other collectors, but i personally couldnt care less if the Clear/Black sword is woven into the mythos.

I just really think its Cool and I want one! and it would be a far more appreciated bonus than the Warrior Ring.
    I dont think we are asking for a Bio for the Black sword, we just want the cool toy! we can weave it into our own Stories!
    I agree sometimes I think these questions are skimmed and he's just answering what he thinks the question is. We all get why the sword is blue... we just ALSO would like to get that clear grey one!

Heroic Warrior
    ain't many 'easy' regular figures left. We're moving rapidly into 'unique sculpt' territory.