Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why not some MOTUC box art Sky Sleds?!

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    because if they can afford tooling on Sky Sleds then they should be using that on new figures.

isn't that the arguement being made against a bigger Clawful?

or is it just because HE'S 200X?
    Says you!

I'd be happy to get the Sky Sled(s) over always choosing new tooling every single time. I really enjoyed 200X but I don't see the desire for different sized figures myself. To each his own I guess but regardless of all that, this thread is not about the 200X stuff... you already have your threads for those arguments.

We now know you would rather have new tooling. Cool opinion
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

My DeviantART

Heroic Warrior
    please don't misrepresent my opinion.

nor assume that I'm against a Sky Sled.

I merely posted about the tooling, to make those who are against it for 200X figures THINK before they say things like that.

it's not an attack, or even rudeness, it's just an alternate viewpoint, or perhaps something they might not have considered, when they argued against new tooling being used for characters such as 200X Clawful.

for the record, I think the Sky Sled idea is a good one, but I would like to see more detail, and a few moving parts to justify tooling one up. The original, as I recall didn't have much going for it, as all the cool bits were saved for th Battle Ram itself.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    because if they can afford tooling on Sky Sleds then they should be using that on new figures.

Cap, if they made a Sky Sled or all sorts of new stuff, I'd think it was a very good indicator that tooling is no longer the issue that it was. A great sign for 200X fans and MOTU fans in general.

But you don't want signs, you'd like outright proof...we all would. Hopefully, we'll get some news soon.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

If this idea would make it possible to get a jetsled, where it otherwise wouldn't be, than I'm all for it. Any 4H designed vintage vehicles would be fantastic.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Cap, if they made a Sky Sled or all sorts of new stuff, I'd think it was a very good indicator that tooling is no longer the issue that it was. A great sign for 200X fans and MOTU fans in general.

But you don't want signs, you'd like outright proof...we all would. Hopefully, we'll get some news soon.
    signs can be interpreted a lot of ways. There's no arguing hardcore evidence.

and like I said, I want the damn thing.

I don't want a LOT of vehicles, as I think the focus should remain the characters, but the smaller vehicles are a perfect fit. I'd personally like to eventually see a new Roton.
    Last edited by capitalzero; July 8, 2009 at 03:14pm.

I cant see them making large vehicles at all (ie spydor) after all this is a collector line. These toys are not made for hard core playing. I just hate the waitting for news.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Although I'd ideally like a full Battle Ram in time, I'd love a few Sky Sleds to pose my figures on!

I just hope they go with the vintage look, and not the ugly MYP 200x Sky Sled appearance... another design in 200x that I wasn't keen on.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I'd be so down for this. I loved that toy and I could see buying a few of them for my MOTUC figures. It'd be nice if they could include a clear stand for the sled so you could put it in your displays as if it were flying. It seems like an attainable vehicle, too, as it's pretty small.

Count me in for at least four!

GREAT IDEA!!

That is a cool idea!

And as a loyal fan tribute, Mattel should make it an exclusive limited to a 1000...

I wold definitely pick up a couple!! Great idea!

Heroic Warrior
    Would definitely buy some!

Don't need second Head for the Evil Warriors! They can use the same!

Great idea.
    I'd buy 2 or 3 for each side.
    And a few to customize them to be character specific. Either with different colors or symbols. (Red & Gray for Zodac, Green & Gold for Mer-Man, Flat Black for Hordak, etc.)
    They could even throw in a clear plastic stand to give the illusion of flying on the display shelf. Kinda like Tri-Klops' Doom Seeker.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    AWESOME IDEA!!! The Sky Sled is by far my most favorite vehicle out of all the MOTU vehicles.
    I would definitely buy at least 4 of each per team

IMO the Battle Ram part makes it too big, and I think the Sky Sled is more wanted anyway.

The Wind Raider would be the next best vehicle I'd love to see after the Sky Sled

id buy 4 of these both sides can use them.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I agree with the consensus that the Sky Sled would be a great test vehicle. It's also on my short list of must have vehicles for the classics line. I love the idea of having slightly varied versions for the heroes & villains. I'd definitely pick up a couple.

Heroic Greed Horder Analog Jote's Avatar
    I'd be all over this. I'd get two or three depending on the price. But if Battlecat is any indication, it might not even cost that much.

What I said in the poll dedicated to the vehicle goes the same way as what you said (first post).

I would love to see the sky sled as the first vehicle :
    - great vehicle
    - small vehicle
    - famous vehicle
    - cheap vehicle
    - both sides used vehicle

I really hope to see it after Pan-Thor.

I've wanted one of these since this line started. I really hope they do make one.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    As I recall the Matty team announced during SDCC 2009, new tooling could be available because of the popularity of MOTUC.

The Sky Sled should definitely look like the vintage one because it's the most iconic representation of the vehicle!!!

IMO Clawful would only look good if he is made as a taller than average figure.
    He should look like the 200x version for sure. I hope to see him soon as he is in my top 10 most wanted figures because he's an awesome main character of Skeletor's evil henchmen

I also like Whiplash his 200x look way better. Sy-Klone is more detailed in 200x. Prince Adam's clothes are cooler in 200x. For the rest I prefer the vintage 80's look for most MOTU characters.

I'd love to get a couple of these!
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor