View Poll Results: How Do You Want Prince Adam Represented In The MOTUC Canon?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Filmation's Version

41 54.67%
  • MYP's Version

28 37.33%
  • Filmation's Version But Man-At-Arms Should Still Lead

4 5.33%
  • Teela Should Be Leading The Masters; GIRL POWER!!!

2 2.67%

Thread: How Do You Want Prince Adam Represented In The MOTUC Canon???

How Do You Want Prince Adam Represented In The MOTUC Canon???

One of the things I liked about MYP's continuity was that Prince Adam was younger and looked different than He-Man unlike his Filmation counterpart. After the most recent Q&A with ToyGuru, I'm starting to reconsider. I'm specifically talking about this quote...

" 'Masters of the Universe' has been the title of the heroic warriors lead by Man At Arms and He-Man throughout the 2002 series (just check out the 3rd vol episode 'The Island', Dekker clearly states that Duncan leads the 'Masters of the Universe'). It was also used as the name of the heroes in the original mini comics. That being said, MOTU has always been designed as an avatar for the imagination. There isn’t any one true correct storyline. If fans want to refer to the 'Masters' as all the characters in their personal story lines, that is just as valid. "

While I love Man-At-Arms, I don't want him leading the Masters. IMHO, that was MYP's biggest problem, He-Man had no charisma and was a sidekick on his own show. I think I'd almost prefer Filmation's version where the He-Man/Prince Adam relationship was more like Superman/Clark Kent(they were the same person who only pretended they were someone else) instead of MYP's where the relationship was more like Captain Marvel/Billy Batson(a kid who turns into an adult with greater intellect to go along with his powers). With Filmation's Adam, He-Man would be the one leading the Masters instead of MAA. What do you think?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    One of the things I liked about MYP's continuity was that Prince Adam was younger and looked different than He-Man unlike his Filmation counterpart. After the most recent Q&A with ToyGuru, I'm starting to reconsider. I'm specifically talking about this quote...

" 'Masters of the Universe' has been the title of the heroic warriors lead by Man At Arms and He-Man throughout the 2002 series (just check out the 3rd vol episode 'The Island', Dekker clearly states that Duncan leads the 'Masters of the Universe'). It was also used as the name of the heroes in the original mini comics. That being said, MOTU has always been designed as an avatar for the imagination. There isn’t any one true correct storyline. If fans want to refer to the 'Masters' as all the characters in their personal story lines, that is just as valid. "

While I love Man-At-Arms, I don't want him leading the Masters. IMHO, that was MYP's biggest problem, He-Man had no charisma and was a sidekick on his own show. I think I'd almost prefer Filmation's version where the He-Man/Prince Adam relationship was more like Superman/Clark Kent(they were the same person who only pretended they were someone else) instead of MYP's where the relationship was more like Captain Marvel/Billy Batson(a kid who turns into an adult with greater intellect to go along with his powers). With Filmation's Adam, He-Man would be the one leading the Masters instead of MAA. What do you think?
    Depends how old Adam and Man-At-Arms are supposed to be.

In the original Mini-comics, He-Man was the champion of Eternia and it's greatest hero, with no Prince Adam identity. No question, he lead the good guys, since he was the first and foremost among them.

Filmation=Older Adam + Older Man-At-Arms

In Filmation, Adam is He-Man without the mystical might. He PRETENDED to be irresponsible, but was mentally capable to lead. MAA seems alot older than he is in 200X, so MAA was more suited to the mentor role. While He-Man (who came and went suddenly) didn't seem to outright lead, but like the mini-comics, he was the best hero on Eternia, so many followed his lead from jump.

200X=Younger Adam + Younger Man-At-Arms
    In 200X, Adam IS an irresponsible kid at first. He gets responsible later on, but in the meantime, a younger MAA has the clout and leads the Masters while He-Man is basically the MVP.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think MAA should be the official general, Teela the captain of the guard and Randor is king, but He-Man is the champion. Besides, He-Man is never around long enough to lead. He gets everyone out of trouble and disappears. If it was the mini-comic He-Man who didn't turn into Prince Adam, then He-Man would be the leader.

As for which Prince Adam (adult or kid), it really doesn't effect MY ranking of the Masters' hierarchy, although I prefer the kid, since he looks different from He-Man, not just He-Man in clothes.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 8, 2009 at 01:35pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    I'd rather Adam not look exactly like He-Man, but in lavendar pantaloons.

Classic & 200X fan
    MYP Adam all the way for me.
    big geek

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    I'd rather Adam not look exactly like He-Man, but in lavendar pantaloons.
    Exactly! As long as Adam doesnt look like this I'm happy. IMO I'd rather have Adam as He-man in name only and where he doesnt change "bodies". More like the way it was in the original mini-comics
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think we can have both Adams in MOTUC. One is just representing Adam when he was younger.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm cool eitherway but for the sack of realism, I think MYP is the best way to go.
    I'm thinking Adam in MOTUC will be just a He-man repaint in the end though.

However I think if Classics Battle Cat is a sabertooth (and I do hope he is) then it's fair to say that Adam will also have a little 200x in him too.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think we can have both Adams in MOTUC. One is just representing Adam when he was younger.
    Bingo!! The 200x Adam can represent the younger less experienced Adam, where as Filmation Adam can represent the Prince after several years of being He-Man. As for who leads, it has got to be He-Man! He will always be the difference maker. I mean He is the Superman of MOTU! Oh, and as far as the MOTUC Adam figure, I would like a mostly vintage figure with touches of the 200x version. Just as long as that hideous 200x sword is no where around!
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

Heroic Warrior
    a 200X Adam isn't a 200X Adam without a 200X Power Sword.

Absolutely Filmation style for me!

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    a 200X Adam isn't a 200X Adam without a 200X Power Sword.
    One good thing about it, MAA with the 200x sword will give you that option. You can have mine!
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

Filmation version Adam with pink pants, please !
    Last edited by Colton; July 11, 2009 at 06:20am.

I'm torn. I really want a classic adam, but would like MYP adam too. I'd be happy with either one as long as he comes with Adam's smaller 200x sword.

I also like the idea of adam coming with some kind of buckler
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Originall from Milwaukee, WI. Just moved to St. Pete, FL
    For me, personally, I like Adam (and Teela & Adora) as adults, so filmation style for me, please.

Heroic Warrior
    Hi. For me, definitely Filmation Adam. The 2 Adams are so different. I'm sure we will get the original Adam but upgraded with the build of the MOTUC figures. That's my best guess.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    For the moment Filmation's Version.

I'd like to see the version from the original toyline, or if copyright issues are sorted out some day, I'd want to see the DC comics Adam most.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Well, first and foremost, I want to see a vintage Prince Adam figure.

However, I would also like to see an MYP version as well. We probably won't end up seeing two versions of this character in the MOTUC line, but I think it's well warranted. They may not have drastically different looks, but there age and personality/maturity is definitely a drastic difference.

I personally want a 200X inspired Adam who's smaller and younger.

Basically someone who's being trained to be a warrior, to be He-Man. I know that's not how most want it, but the way I see it playing out is that (based on the He-Man & MAA MOTUC Bios) MAA is training Adam to step it up as a real warrior and become He-Man. He knows Adam is the chosen guy, but can't be He-Man without both halves of the sword. So he makes the 200X Sword to help Adam train to become a warrior so that when he gets both sides of the sword he'll be completely ready to become the true He-Man.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't want an Adam at all. I never liked Adam (just like I never liked Orko or Cringer). I want He-Man, fulltime, all the time. Adam's a part of the mythos I never liked and I feel it ruins the He-Man char.

That said...if we MUST get an Adam, I want him as a young teen training to be the best warrior, so when he does become He-Man, he can be the best one possible. Also, I'd prefer it if we get hints that when he grows up, he'll be He-Man full time, and the "Adam body" will simply be He-Man. No Adam/He-Man split. Just one guy.
    My buy/sell/trade/wanted/feedback info can be found here:
    http://www.transfotaku.com/wiki/inde...ell/Trade_Info

I 100% agree.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I prefer the MYP 200x Adam because he looks so different from He-Man.
    The classic Adam looks way too similar to He-Man which kinda makes the dual identity a give away imo.
    Adam should be skinnier with a different shade of blond hair.

Man-at-Arms leads the Masters when He-Man is either gone or is in the form of Adam.
    I think if Adam would lead, he has to be on the battlefield as well to show courage...
    so that's why he's out of the picture in my universe.
    Teela is 2nd in command to Man-at-Arms.
    He-Man leads as soon as he comes into the play.

In military terms, He-man would kina be like a O-11 (comes in the picture to unite all when most needed),
    Man-at-Arms O-10 (always leads, except when O-11 arrives) and Teela O-09.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

As far as his LOOK goes (which is what I'm most concerned about with this being a toyline with no media currently supporting it outside of the bios written on the card backs), I would prefer if Adam were closer to his MYP/200X counter part.

I just liked the fact that Adam looked different from He-Man. Generally I'm not one of these hardcore pro-200X fans (don't get me wrong, I enjoyed 200X a lot, I still have and cherish my figures and stactions, and I have multiple copies of the DVDs because of the exclusives), and I'm glad that for the most part the vintage look tends to be the main influence for many of the characters in MOTUC (especially He-Man), but I do think Adam is one character that I would much prefer to have the 200X look as his main influence if it has to be one or the other.

As awesome as MOTU was in the 80s, and while it never really bothered me, per say, the fact that Adam and He-Man looked exactly the same, save for their wardrobe and slight variation in skin tone, was rather silly. So in that sense, I prefer 200X.

He doesn't necessarily have to be 16 in this continuity. He could even be in his early 20s (like he was in Filmation) and still look young, and be skinner, etc. He doesn't have to have the same 'bulk' that He-Man does to be more like that incarnation of him personality and role-within-the-continuity wise.

Though, wasn't Man-At-Arms, at least in a sense, still more or less the leader in Filmation? I mean, he was at least in terms of leading the Kingdom's guards and army (just like he does in MYP, only without the specific term being 'Masters of the Universe'). Yeah, in Filmation, He-Man was more experienced, so when he was around, MAA often took a back seat to him, which in many ways is good with He-Man being the main character, but it doesn't change what Man-At-Arms role technically was.

As for the continuity being put together in these bios, yeah, I would like Adam/He-Mans role and personality to me more like the old school 80s incarnation. But I would still prefer Adam to look more 200X-ish (hence me voting for that version of him)

But having said that, if they write him in a different manner, I'll just go with it at this point.

Honestly the overall story that is building up from these bios is all over the place, seems to have some plotholes (or at least things that could potentially be plotholes), and just feels patched together.

I know that they are trying to merge aspects of all the previous incarnations of the property, which is cool, but it just feels like they've done a sloppy job doing it.

I think the best visual representation of what I am describing would be a kid having 3 separate model kits... a car, a boat, and an airplane, and he decides to make one combined vehicle using some parts from all of them. And the end result certainly gives you a feel for what he's going for, but it's not a clean, polished job. He's got pieces being held together by scotch tape, which is sticking out and hanging off of it in several places, and maybe some parts are badly glued on... they aren't straight or even, and some glue was over used and you see where some oozed out and everything. That's how this story Mattel is putting together feels to me.

I'm not too bothered by it since its just bios on the card backs. If this was a comic series or especially if it was a cartoon series feeling this way, then I'd really have something to complain about. But its just bios, and I've been taking a lot of it with a grain of salt this long, so I'm preparing myself for a lot more of that to come.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

A combination of both Filmation and MYP Adam would work great. Didn't really like the idea of Adam being lazy to being with in MYP. Have him genuinely dedicated to learning to be king at first and then after becoming He-Man, start putting on the facade of being lazy and irresponsible.