Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Updated: Limited Edition MOTU ART BOOK at SDCC - Official Discussion

Now this should put things in a certain light for you guys:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2161787
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Ok, someone in that thread stated that the reseller with the huge stack of MOTU Art Books was working for Toy Rocket. Does anyone know if that is true?

I preordered a book from him on eBay for $60. He sold 20 of them at that price, so I'm curious to see if he comes through or if he got greedy and sold them for much more already. Did anyone else preorder from him on eBay?

are they still a "pre-order" ? since the con is over (not sure about this though)

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    are they still a "pre-order" ? since the con is over (not sure about this though)
    Have you been hibernating?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I bought if from Toy Rocket before the convention started. He sold 20 of them on eBay as presales. It's only 2 days since SDCC, but I'm hoping to hear something from him soon. If not, I will getting a 110% refund according to his policy. We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Ok, someone in that thread stated that the reseller with the huge stack of MOTU Art Books was working for Toy Rocket. Does anyone know if that is true?

I preordered a book from him on eBay for $60. He sold 20 of them at that price, so I'm curious to see if he comes through or if he got greedy and sold them for much more already. Did anyone else preorder from him on eBay?

Yes, he works for Toy Rocket and he also has a booth at Frank & Son's collectibles show here in the L.A. area.

Selling for $60 is great! A $10 mark up I would not even consider a reseller. Hopefully he kept his word to the pre-orders.

Nobody should be complaining on a $10 markup. $10 is well worth avoiding the hassle of comic con.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I'm sorry, but these last remarks about the $10 markups are ridiculous. The reseller literally bought the books out from under the people behind him in line. There were He-fans who flew in from other countries to go to SDCC but couldn't get the book because of pigs like this guy. I felt that fans who attended SDCC should have all gotten one book. (I didn't go, btw)

There is simply NO EXCUSE for allowing anyone to pillage a stack of highly sought after but under-produced books.

The SDCC exclusives should be only 1 per person, period. In that best case scenario, only 1000 people would have gotten one. The books were too scarce to allow something like that.

Unless I'm at a convention or it's sold exclusively to fans of the org, I will NEVER buy an art book. Screw those damn ebay sellers....
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; July 29, 2009 at 08:16pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I'm sorry, but these last remarks about the $10 markups are ridiculous. The reseller literally bought the books out from under the people behind him in line. There were He-fans who flew in from other countries to go to SDCC but couldn't get the book because of pigs like this guy. I felt that fans who attended SDCC should have all gotten one book. (I didn't go, btw)

There is simply NO EXCUSE for allowing anyone to pillage a stack of highly sought after but under-produced books.

The SDCC exclusives should be only 1 per person, period. In that best case scenario, only 1000 people would have gotten one. The books were too scarce to allow something like that.

Unless I'm at a convention or it's sold exclusively to fans of the org, I will NEVER buy an art book. Screw those damn ebay sellers....
    I was not condoning that re-seller, believe me! I was at the con and was not able to get an art book or a He-ro for that matter so you can believe I was/am ticked off. Expecially when I saw two people with my own eyes with stacks of em roaming the convention floor.

I was merely saying a $10 mark up for people not able to go to convention is nothing for pain and mental anguish saved.

Mattel should be held accountable and be made to enforce their own set limits.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post

Claps long and loud!!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    ***Please no discussion of art book scans. Thank you.***

Heroic Warrior
    I had to give in and get a sealed one of ebay but i think i will open it when it arrives unlike my action figures that i can view in the box as otherwise a waste of money and i m looking fiorward to seeing the old art backers in it

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lee gray View Post
    I had to give in and get a sealed one of ebay but i think i will open it when it arrives unlike my action figures that i can view in the box as otherwise a waste of money and i m looking fiorward to seeing the old art backers in it
    Not to worry. The "seal" slips right off so you can check out the book, and put the wrapper back on with no harm done.

Quote Originally Posted by lee gray View Post

I gave in as well. Considering I paid a little over twice the already outrageous $50.00 asking price, it definitely wasn't worth it. Although, you know what? I'm still happy I got it. MOTUC is the only toy line I'm collecting and the only thing I've gone completist with(I didn't do that with the 2002 line). If we have similar problems with the availability of He-Man con exclusives next year, I might have to reconsider my desire for getting all things MOTU related.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I bought if from Toy Rocket before the convention started. He sold 20 of them on eBay as presales. It's only 2 days since SDCC, but I'm hoping to hear something from him soon. If not, I will getting a 110% refund according to his policy. We'll see what happens.
    I bought a SDCC He-ro from toy rocket and I still don't have it. They filed for chapter 11. Good luck getting anything from them!
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

I filed a Paypal claim a couple of weeks ago and I already got my money back from Toy Rocket. I don't know if they mailed out any of those $60 MOTU Art Book preorders.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    Not to worry. The "seal" slips right off so you can check out the book, and put the wrapper back on with no harm done.
    cheers thx for letting me know

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I gave in as well. Considering I paid a little over twice the already outrageous $50.00 asking price, it definitely wasn't worth it. Although, you know what? I'm still happy I got it. MOTUC is the only toy line I'm collecting and the only thing I've gone completist with(I didn't do that with the 2002 line). If we have similar problems with the availability of He-Man con exclusives next year, I might have to reconsider my desire for getting all things MOTU related.
    I must agree even though I doubt its worth the price I paid for it of ebay its something that im happy to be getting

He-man Art book

Has anyone who bought the He-man art book from Comic Con found a cool display case or something to protect it and show it off? any pics would help..

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdominiack View Post
    Has anyone who bought the He-man art book from Comic Con found a cool display case or something to protect it and show it off? any pics would help..
    I've been trying to think of ways to display mine also. Any tips would be appreciated. Been thinking of a clear acrylic slipcase of some sort maybe...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rdominiack View Post
    On an impulse, I bought a MOTU art book so I echo the above question. Has anyone got a cool, protected way to display it?

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar

Art of Masters of the Universe Book (SDCC)

Can any org member that was able to pick up this book let me know how many pages it has?

Also I would love to hear what you think of the book if you own it. Is it something you actually enjoy having. Did you look at it once and then never crack the spine again?

Thanks!
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    Can any org member that was able to pick up this book let me know how many pages it has?

Also I would love to hear what you think of the book if you own it. Is it something you actually enjoy having. Did you look at it once and then never crack the spine again?

Thanks!
    It has 53 pages.
    It's a nice softcover-book to own. Some new images never-before-seen, mostly boxart and images you can find online (for years). Not really worth the US$50 it was sold at SDCC.

But very happy to own one. Love owning art-books about my favourite topics.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

I too love it. I actually got the very last one at Preview Night; it was pretty roughed up along the spine. Still, I got the Horsemen to sign it on the cover and slipcase, and one of the designers signed the inside and did a doodle of Trap Jaw. (I forget who it was at the moment, but he was quite ticked that I asked him to draw something and a few fans behind me in line got him to do so as well.)
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy