View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a 200x-style MOTUC He-Man?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Even if only a repaint with no new tooling (only KG harness + MAA sword)

12 11.76%
  • Yes, but only if there's limited new tooling, like a new head sculpt.

31 30.39%
  • Yes, but only when there's a new buck more appropriate for the 200x style.

8 7.84%
  • No, but they should make one anyway for the 200x fans.

23 22.55%
  • No, I don't want to see any more "He-Man" figures.

28 27.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you be interested in a MOTUC He-Man in the 200x outfit?

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar

Would you be interested in a MOTUC He-Man in the 200x outfit?

In light of comments from Matty and TG regarding 200x in MOTUC, I thought this would be an interesting poll.

Assume that this would be a BONUS figure, and would NOT "take the monthly slot" away from new characters.

And it would be awesome to avoid any "Classic vs 200x" debates if possible.

I would have to say no. I'm happy with the He-Man I have now.
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

Absolutely no, the series 200x has nothing to do with the classics, as fortunately reiterated Mattel!

Bang your head!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Horde View Post
    Absolutely no, the series 200x has nothing to do with the classics, as fortunately reiterated Mattel!
    Not true.
    Back when the line was introduced, Mattel stated that MOTUC would feature all eras of MOTU, He-Man, POP and the 200X series...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I voted for number 2.

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't care for the "no" options. There is only... "No, but make it anyways" and "No I don't want any He-mans"

My opinion would have been just "no, not interested in that varient" I just don't think there would enough difference between 200x He-man and Regular He-man. I LOVE the He-man we already have.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't support Snake Armor or BA He-man... Just don't like the 200x basic He-man.

I would like one provided it's released how Toyguru said it would be, just a new harness & sword. I don't want the 2002 sword but it's cool for the 2002 fans. I DON'T want a new head for him but would like them to stick the King Grayskull loincloth on him. Paint his belt & gauntlets gray & you're good to go.
    I'd buy an extra one to do a custom paint job.

I'm 100% happy with my Classics He-Man. That's my favorite figure, my favorite character & my favorite rendition of him.

I voted:
    Yes, but only if there's limited new tooling, like a new head sculpt.

Cause that's the main thing I'd want with a MOTUC 200X He-Man. I'd like a new head and loincloth, but head-only would work for me.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I didn't care for the "no" options. There is only... "No, but make it anyways" and "No I don't want any He-mans"

My opinion would have been just "no, not interested in that varient" I just don't think there would enough difference between 200x He-man and Regular He-man. I LOVE the He-man we already have.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't support Snake Armor or BA He-man... Just don't like the 200x basic He-man.

I agree with this statement.
    To me SA He-man IS 200x He-Man. I have no desire to see a basic 200x he-man at all.

Over the course of this line i DO want to see the following:

-Ice armour he-man with blue axe(but for the love of god, give him some trousers and a tunic!! (these could be re-used on so many other chars)
    **also, a brown/warm colours repaint for this figure would make a great exclusive**

-Snake Armour He-man (THE 200x he-man. with 200x sword with green trim and his shield)

-NA He-man

- Battle Armour He-man (with interchangable damaged armour and silver Man-at-arms leg and arm armour parts as a bonus acessory)
    ** I don't see how He-Ro's armour can't be retooled for this figure**
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Hey guys sorry you didn't see your particular option there on the poll, but I guess that's what the posts are for.

So thanks for your input!

And once again, amazing to see how much variety there is in everyone's taste.
    I would hate to be in charge of trying to please everyone.

I vote yes- more detailed would be nice, but at the very least he needs a new head (anime hair!) and harness. The rest of the parts could taken for other existing characters or creatively repainted. Honestly- I vote for 200x He-man in hopes a 200x Skeletor would follow. Of all the 200x variants we got, I just wanted a Skeletor with a cape. Have him come with a Keldor head and you can take care of 2 fan requests with one figure and a bunch of packed in parts.
    Last edited by Steph; July 10, 2009 at 10:17pm.

No, but they should make one anyway for the 200x fans.

This is exactly how I feel. I know that this line isn't just about ME and what I want. I see no reason not to make a 200X HE-MAN down the line. It's not like it wouldn't sell.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I vote yes- more detailed would be nice, but at the very least he needs a new head (anime hair!) and harness. The rest of the parts could taken for other existing characters or creatively repainted. Honestly- I vote for 200x He-man in hopes a 200x Skeletor would follow. Of all the 200x variants we got, I just wanted a Skeletor with a cape. Have him come with a Keldor head and you can take care of 2 fan requests with one figure and a bunch of packed in parts.
    This is the best idea I have read on here in a while...and I agree 100% with you Steph. I really want a 200x skeletor...he is my favourite version and a bonus head for Keldor makes perfect sense

Originall from Milwaukee, WI. Just moved to St. Pete, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Domercon View Post
    I really want a 200x skeletor...he is my favourite version and a bonus head for Keldor makes perfect sense
    As nice as that might be, I seriously doubt Mattel would do it considering they could make twice the money by selling them as two seperate figures. They are, afterall, in the business to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by upinout202 View Post
    As nice as that might be, I seriously doubt Mattel would do it considering they could make twice the money by selling them as two seperate figures. They are, afterall, in the business to make money.
    Very True I do think it is a fantastic idea though and anything that can save us money is good

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Yes, but only if there's limited new tooling, like a new head sculpt.

My thoughts exactly.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I'd probably buy him to be completist, but I wouldn't really be bothered about him - although I dabble in it, I'm not really 200x's biggest fan.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Kind of disappointing that the first "No" option is getting fewer votes than the second, more selfish one.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Yes! I am interested!

Even if they don't change the head, the hair HAS to be different! The belt and shorts too! It's what differentiate the Classic He-man to the 200X He-man!

Boots can stay the same but the gauntlets can be changed a bit. Maybe He-Ro's would be more appropriate to use, don'cha think?
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

As much of a classic 80’s MOTU fan as I am, I still want a 200X He-Man. That said, I only want him if they sculpt a new head/hair, chest armor, right & left forearms, loin cloth, axe, and shield. I wouldn’t mind him sharing the basic bulky Mr Universe He-Man parts but I do want the details of his outfit and weapons to truly represent his 200X look.

This is where I am, so I didn't vote in the poll. There's no option I agree with.
    Who has the Power?

Just to add to the discussion, here's a Photoshop mock-up I did that I guess would best represent the second "Yes" option.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    I want 80's variants, and NA He-Man to fit in the cannon, what I surely know will happen , but no 200x He-Man as a monthly slot
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't vote in the poll, cuz I'm one of the: "No, I'd love cool He-Man versions, but I don't want 200X."

I don't really see what the fuss is. 200X fans already have a 200X He-Man. He's called... 200X He-Man. He's got the harness, the head-sculpt, the bracelets-- he's everything a 200X fan could ever want.

You may think I'm joking, but I'm serious, why do people want a re-done version of a toy that was made a few years ago, which they could purchase MOC for relatively cheap, and which they probably already have? Do 200X fans really need ankle articulation that bad?

Anyway, I'm somewhere on the order of 99% certain you won't see a 200X head-sculpt on a future MOTUC figure. MOTUC is supposed to be one unified canon. Since He-Man presumably never got a head-transplant, it would make no sense to have two incarnations of him with different heads.

(OK, so I realize Mer-Man has two heads. But please note that they're just different stages of his amphibious growth.)