View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a 200x-style MOTUC He-Man?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Even if only a repaint with no new tooling (only KG harness + MAA sword)

12 11.76%
  • Yes, but only if there's limited new tooling, like a new head sculpt.

31 30.39%
  • Yes, but only when there's a new buck more appropriate for the 200x style.

8 7.84%
  • No, but they should make one anyway for the 200x fans.

23 22.55%
  • No, I don't want to see any more "He-Man" figures.

28 27.45%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you be interested in a MOTUC He-Man in the 200x outfit?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squidish Tex View Post
    I didn't vote in the poll, cuz I'm one of the: "No, I'd love cool He-Man versions, but I don't want 200X."

I don't really see what the fuss is. 200X fans already have a 200X He-Man. He's called... 200X He-Man. He's got the harness, the head-sculpt, the bracelets-- he's everything a 200X fan could ever want.

You may think I'm joking, but I'm serious, why do people want a re-done version of a toy that was made a few years ago, which they could purchase MOC for relatively cheap, and which they probably already have? Do 200X fans really need ankle articulation that bad?
    I think the answer to this is why YOU are collecting MOTUC instead of being satisfied with the commemorative versions you got 8 years ago.

The figures themselves are leaps and bounds better.

None of the old figures (80's MOTU, 200X, POP or NA) can be posed like this. The stactions can't even be posed at all.

The commemorative versions you guys got a few years ago don't replace MOTUC, so why should 200X?

Ask yourself, who WOULDN'T want MOTUC that can do the stuff like in the pictures above?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 13, 2009 at 07:27pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think the answer to this is why YOU are collecting MOTUC instead of being satisfied with the commemorative versions you got 8 years ago.

The figures themselves are leaps and bounds better.

None of the old figures (80's MOTU, 200X, POP or NA) can be posed like this. The stactions can't even be posed at all.

The commemorative versions you guys got a few years ago don't replace MOTUC, so why should 200X?

Ask yourself, who WOULDN'T want MOTUC that can do the stuff like in the pictures above?
    MGM - Best answers on the boards when it comes to 200X in MOTUC.
    These pics are exactly why I want certain 200X figures in MOTUC. MOTUC style with details from 200X for certain extra figures.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Yay! The "unselfish" NO is winning!

If it wasn't part of the sub so I didn't have to buy it then yes. Otherwise I have no need for He-man in yet another different top.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Yay! The "unselfish" NO is winning!
    The "Yes" faction is winning now.

I hope they don't go REALLY cheap on a 200X He-Man. He's incredibly easy to make...Repaint his body to 200X colors, new harness and give him a Fisto-like belt. Repaint his He-Man axe and Sword to their 200X colors.

Mattel won't give us a new head with different hair. Maybe they could give us the same head with a different expression.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The "Yes" faction is winning now.
    Ha! Even though that post is almost 4 years old, I think I was referring to the "unselfish NO" having more votes than the "selfish NO--don't make him at all".

I don't think either "NO" was ever actually leading the poll.

But that all said, I'd be very surprised if we see any 200x-inspired variants at ALL anymore.

They could've been sneaking them in more during the earlier part of the line, but due to the many mis-handlings and drop-off of customer base, it's too late now. Fans will scream bloody murder if we get anything but unreleased Classic figures from here on out.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Personally I don't want or need a 200X He-Man figure but I feel one should be made if the demand is there.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I didn't care for the "no" options. There is only... "No, but make it anyways" and "No I don't want any He-mans"

My opinion would have been just "no, not interested in that varient" I just don't think there would enough difference between 200x He-man and Regular He-man. I LOVE the He-man we already have.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't support Snake Armor or BA He-man... Just don't like the 200x basic He-man.
    this. I refuse to vote because it's no section is biased.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Heroic Warrior
    I voted Yes because I want to see any and all interpretations of Masters characters made into figures. I'd love to see a 200x He-Man, but of course he'd take the spot of another character. That would be rough. The belt idea is very inspired and would have the added bonus of being able to be put on King Grayskull. Belt, new headsculpt(or just hairsculpt I guess) and maybe a newly sculpted techno shield and axe to go with the sword, and we're talking!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I didn't care for the "no" options. There is only... "No, but make it anyways" and "No I don't want any He-mans"

My opinion would have been just "no, not interested in that varient" I just don't think there would enough difference between 200x He-man and Regular He-man. I LOVE the He-man we already have.
    Exactly. This poll is not worded very well. Just because I don't want this variant doesn't mean I don't want any. I want Snake Armor, Flying Fist, Laser Power, Slime Pit, and Ice Armor He-Man.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; March 5, 2013 at 08:09am.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Exactly. This poll is not worded very well. Just because I don't want this variant doesn't mean I don't want any. I want Snake Armor, Flying Fist, Laser Power, Slime Pit, and Ice Armor He-Man.
    Then you would vote "No, but make it anyway."

What would be the point of a poll option so negative as "No I don't want it, and it shouldn't be made at all, ever."

I do like elements in He-Man 200x like his big Axe.

If I can't get a Filmation He-Man or Skeletor, because they're too similar, the 200X version is the same thing....they can release a King Grayskull armor in a weapons pack and the 200X sword is already in MOTUC....twice, that's likely a cue right there.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

no we already have what we need for a classics 200x so says i.

I went with option four. For me there's nothing to gain with a standard Classicised 200X He-Man, though i feel confident in saying that 200X fans would probably prefer a Snake Armour He-Man over the standard He-Man in Classics line. I know i would!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    NOPE NOPE NOPE. 200X was, and is, terrible to me.

Please- no more. They're the GI Joe: Extreme of the 21st century...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE