View Poll Results: Should stinkor retain his original scent?

Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • By the powers of greyskull, YES!!!!!!

205 69.73%
  • Yes - as a con exclusive and unscented on mattycollector

13 4.42%
  • No. Drop the scent all together

42 14.29%
  • I really don't care

34 11.56%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stinkor! He REALLY stinks!(??)

Stinkor! He REALLY stinks!(??)

Do you want stinkor how you remember him as a kid? To have that infamous scent? Or would you rather he didn't smell at all?

Personally, I think it would be a total injustice if he DIDN'T smell. Look at his NAME! He needs to smell - even if he ends up being a con exclusive and the con version only stinks. I swear, I would pay the extra for him to smell if I had to
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

I had to vote no. I really don't really need my figure smelling funky every time I open my display case.

While it was a fun gimmick as a kid...I do not find it necessary as an "adult collector."

Heroic Warrior
    I would have to say no, but I guess a lot of fans will be disapointed if their action figure doesn't stink...

I had to say yes to a con exclusive and no on matty.com because there will be some that want stink and for the rest of us that want stink free we can have it too.

Uh, yeah.... Because a Stinkor that doesn't stink is just Or.

I'd like Stinkor to stink like he used to be like. That way I could still have the memory of him from back in the day.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I wouldhope that he stinks in just the way he did before! If he didn't, I would be a bit disappointed, but I know his awesomeness will outshine any detraction such as that!

I'm just hoping he gets his tanks.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I was thinking about this the other day... I keep my MOTUC figures, opened in the same room where I sleep, so I think I would prefer a non-stinking version. I am OK with a stinking exclusive, if people want that.

BTW, does Mattel even have the original smell formula? I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't get the exact same smell as back then...

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    I was thinking about this the other day... I keep my MOTUC figures, opened in the same room where I sleep, so I think I would prefer a non-stinking version. I am OK with a stinking exclusive, if people want that.
    The same here. I also would prefer a non stinking Stinkor. If I want Stinkor to stink, I could put him into my laundry basket with my old socks over night.

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    It was fun as a kid, but I would definitely prefer it if the figure were unscented.

Perhaps everyone could agree on a middle ground – a small vile of scented liquid you could apply yourself.

If he smells or not.....i donīt care, just would love to get one soon.

Please, no!!!! My wife is probably going crazy if I buy a stink toy.

He has to have the smell....I hope he does.

please no stinky Stinkor! I dont want the box were i put my figures smelling like that smell Stinkor had on the 80īs. it would be great in terms of nostalgia, but at the long term it would get blarghhh

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I LOVED Stinkor!!! I would love to have him smell as well. Although, I may have to keep him separately from my other MOTUC line.

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    BTW, does Mattel even have the original smell formula? I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't get the exact same smell as back then...
    It was just patchouli oil mixed in with the plastic.

I had to say yes. I'm not worried about him stinking up my other figures, the original never did that. And I could only smell him from within a couple feet, even then, not real strong.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Absolutely, give him his power!

Definitely NO!

This is something that won't last long... so what for...
    Looking at him is what is important.... almost if the sent is horrible; in that case nobody will be interesting in the scent.

I would prefer something else... I would prefer Odiphus with Stinkor instead of a useless real stink effect.

But ... if the 80's figure had it... the MOTUC stinkor will probably have it too -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    Definitely NO!

This is something that won't last long... so what for...
    -_-
    Actually, most vintage Stinkors still smell. I guess putting the patchouli into the actual plastic itself was a good(?) idea.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeofEternia View Post

QFMFT

He HAS to stink, thats why the original toy was so endearing

I like the idea of having a smelly con exclusive and a non-scented one on Matty. I'd love a stinky version to keep out, but here's the thing: I'm a smoker, unfortunately (unless you're Joe Camel) and I keep my MOTUC figures in a cabinet, so as not to damage them at all. I'm planning on getting rereleases to keep out, display, and play with as I've paid a lot to complete my current collection and I don't want to damage the figures-but damn, I want to battle with them. The best thing about keeping the figurees there is that every time I open it up I get that AWESOME new figure plastic smell, which I'm addicted to. I'd love to have a non-smelly Stinkor to display in there and not mess up the new figure smell, and a stinky one to put elsewhere. Either way, I'm jsut ready to get him. The only thing that they don't have to make him is Mekanek's armor and a shield, I've thought about taking an extra Mer-Man head and a Zodac body and making an Odiphus (after transformation) custom. Anyway, I'd love to see both versions. Moss Man is flocked, Stinkor should Stink. But...I'd be fine without it. I'll just be glad to have one.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The stench was cool when we were kids when our still undeveloped senses could tolerate it. I remember mixing all the fountain drinks at the local 7-11 into one Big Gulp cup. Take some Dr. Pepper with some Mountain Dew and some Coca-Cola and finally some Sprite. That was awesome back then. If I pulled that stunt today I think I would blow chunks everywhere. I don't think the stench would be as cool as it was back then. As much as we would yearn for things to be, nothing is ever going to be as good as we remember it being. Our memories of reality back then are clouded by the fog of years passed and the glow of nostalgia. That being said, if Stinkor stinks or not, it's okay with me. Fate has already decided and the destiny is set.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by JakeofEternia View Post
    LMAO ... and we all know, that an action figure called Or simply will not sell!

Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

No there's something new for me, since I didn't had the original Stinkor. I was unawhare that the real action figure had an odor feature.
    Anyway, I went for Yes. Maybe the 4H could ad some removable aplications, that could be attached to his armor, just to symbolize the smell, like the animated series.

STINK!!! PLEASE STINK!!! !!

My old Stinkor still has that great smell...