Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official He-Man.org MOTUC Tri-Klops Review!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

Official He-Man.org MOTUC Tri-Klops Review!

Hey gang!

Just got Tri-Klops today. Here's the review! Enjoy!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Cool review!
    I actually like the part where Tri-Klops is standing next to Skeletor and rest of the gang. The collection is really starting to look incredible!

Can't wait for Tri-Klops!

*green with envy*

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    He looks AWESOME!!!!!
    Thanks for another cool review!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Jim View Post
    *green with envy*
    You, or Tri-Klops?

Nice review.

I'm curious... does the visor lock in place at each eye, or is it a matter of lining it up straight yourself?

Does his armour come off, and the upside down green belt, does it come off? Cool review!
    MOTUC is my thing!

great review and excellent figure!

Great review as always! I'm looking very forward to Tri-Klops!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Awesome Review! BUt I hafta say, theres one feature of Trike that REALLY bothers me, its the superflous bar of plastic on the sword hilt, I know the vintage figure had it, but The vintage power sword had one too, and they thankfully got rid of that.
    it looks really cheap, IMO. Ill be cutting mine off!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Thanks PixelDan for another great review, but could you maybe tell me something? ...

He's one of my favourite villains and I absolutely love him, but I'm also kind of dissapointed that the small daggers are not removeable. They said they would be earlier.

And is it because of the lighting in your video or are the daggers not metallic green? Because in earlier pictures they were, just like the blade of his sword.

Could you tell me if they are the same color as his armor or are they still metallic green? Did they change it? I love these metallic colors used on the swords of He-man and Skeletor and Zodac's gun for instance.

No metallic green daggers and blade of sword?
    Last edited by -= SupernovA =-; July 21, 2009 at 05:37am.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Another great review. You might have wanted to mention that he is based in part on the original card back image.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...t_triklops.htm
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

A big fan of Slush Head
    Great review man!
    I am sooo looking forward to Triklops.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

An excellent review of one of my all-time favourite villains! Tri-Klops wouldn't look out of place in the upcoming Clash of the Titans reboot!

Woo! You make him look even more exciting in your video! I love the lifted visor look. I don't get why some say he's the most disappointing to date.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Cool review PD! The green eye is based on the original card art.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by -= SupernovA =- View Post

He's one of my favourite villains and I absolutely love him, but I'm also kind of dissapointed that the small daggers are not removeable. They said they would be earlier.

They've said from the beginning that they are not removable and are sculpted on.

Why are the daggers upside-down?

The only thing that bothers me about Tri-klops is the way the daggers were sculpted upside-down. If they were indeed removable, you wouldn't put them in that way, because they would just fall out. They should be upright in their sheaths, just like his sword.

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this.

Hey Dan - where did you get the background music from the video? I am dying to get my mits on the filmation music.

And your video reviews are always the best

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Woo! You make him look even more exciting in your video! I love the lifted visor look. I don't get why some say he's the most disappointing to date.
    yeah to me TK is one of the best thus far.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Not a big fan, but it does look great.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    yeah to me TK is one of the best thus far.
    I totally agree - he is one of the ones I have been most excited about. The sculpt under the visor is just killer detail. I would think the reason some don't like him is the increased size of the visor and the double belt (which I am not crazy about) - all in all, I am stoked about getting him

would be cool to have a filmation style visor for him too

Love all of your reviews, Pixel Dan. The evil warriors are looking very bad ass with Trike in the group. While he is a bit more basic in design then some of the more recent releases; he really does look great in the classics style. I can't wait to get him too.
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    The only thing that bothers me about Tri-klops is the way the daggers were sculpted upside-down. If they were indeed removable, you wouldn't put them in that way, because they would just fall out. They should be upright in their sheaths, just like his sword.

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this.
    Probably because combat-ready knives and daggers are traditionally either positioned sideways at belt level, or else held upside down on the torso, front or back, just as seen here, for ease of use purposes.

Having the hilt of the dagger/knife at the top at the front of the torso makes it difficult to retract the knife quickly and smoothly, which is why usually they are held blade upwards, so they can be pulled down and out quickly and smoothly - try the different actions on your own chest, to try and pull a knife upwards is far more awkward than to pull down and out.

Likewise if a dagger or knife was stored on the back with the hilt at the top it would be almost impossible to reach for and retract for anyone other than a contortionist (try reaching over your own shoulder for reference). A sword can get away with being hilt up because the hilt is traditionally above shoulder level and as such easier to reach and pull out from that position, but small blades and daggers have to be done in reverse, hilt down, so you can reach up and under to pull them from your back.

So actually their design logic is pretty spot on here in my opinion.

Now you can argue about their sheath design, if you wanted to get ultra picky, but even for a simple design such as the one shown here there are ways to make it work and hold such daggers/knives securely so that they won't easily fall out...

Oh, and great video review, as always.
    Last edited by Sledge Hammer!; July 21, 2009 at 10:13am.

Thanks for another great review PD! I was thinking as I watched this one about how much time you probably have to put into these, what with all the editing and doing the music and voice synch. Just want to say I really appreciate you taking the time to do these!

Sallah

Yeah, this has to be my favorite MOTUC figure so far... I just love Tri Klops. I agree that the added bar on the hilt of his sword looks annoying and I mag go the route of cutting it off too. While it would have been cool had the knives been removable, I would have been afraid of losing things that little... so I am a little thankful that they are sculpted on...