Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: He-man COSPLAY

Almost finished with my Skeletor costume for C2E2 in March! This build is still on the "dummy" with a few more touch-ups needed on the muscle suit paint job and some tweaks on the armor, maybe some LEDs in the eyes. I'm also wanting to swap out the fleece cloak for a deep violet leather... we'll see. Hope you enjoy it!

Here you can check out the photos of my build process. I'll put in some captions eventually, but feel free to ask me any questions!

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...TU%20Costumes/
    Last edited by ManOrMonster?; December 26, 2010 at 11:41am. Reason: Image not posted properly?

Quote Originally Posted by ManOrMonster? View Post
    Almost finished with my Skeletor costume for C2E2 in March! This build is still on the "dummy" with a few more touch-ups needed on the muscle suit paint job and some tweaks on the armor, maybe some LEDs in the eyes. I'm also wanting to swap out the fleece cloak for a deep violet leather... we'll see. Hope you enjoy it!
    Holy schmokes! That's the BEST Skelly costume I've ever seen! Be sure to post pics once it's completed and on you!

wooow it's really great, one of the best I've seen.

another Skeletor invading my home turf?! uh-oh.

looking forward to seeing this on, and in person. perhaps we'll run into each other... maybe a "me and my shadow" duet.

there were a lot of great costumes in here.. Orko was probably my favorite.. the first Trapjaw was amazing most of the Skeletor costumes were pretty great as well

I remember seeing you guys last year... which was actually the impetus for this costume. I was finishing up my Baxter Stockman (the final of my TMNT rogues, along with Bebop and Rocksteady... you may have spotted us at Chicago Comic Con 2009-2010), and I wanted to move on to something different. I saw your stuff and thought I'd give some MOTU baddies a shot! Skeletor was first, natch, to be followed by Trap Jaw (CCC'11) and Mer-Man after that. I'd like to get both the latter finished by August... we'll see!

But I really dig your work... the armor is top knotch and I love the feet! How'd you pull those off? I just have boots, but I think the "open toe" look is much cooler!

love those Bebop and Rocksteady! my wife would go ape ****.

the modern series (which we pattern our costumes on) Mer-Man is definitely on my list. wanted to do it right after i finished Skeletor and Evil-Lyn, but too many other ideas.

though i wish the armor was molded leather, thanks for the compliments on the vinyl. and the feet were my favorite part to the costume! they're a bought latex piece that i color match painted. i should consider wearing shoes in them this year.

what day(s) will you be in costume?

I'll be there, in costume, on Saturday.

So what did you use to paint your feet? I've tried several methods when it comes to painting store-bought latex pieces and I haven't yet found anything that will get the paint to adhere without cracking/flaking/and falling off altogether.

turns out my wife's conference isn't until April. so it looks like Evil-Lyn might be with me afterall. and we may just try to reprise our San Diego Con Masquerade performance for C2E2's, Saturday night. but we'll be there all weekend, most likely in our MOTU gear Saturday.

my feet are totally my favorite part of the costume! i used standard Acrylic artist paint, Van Gogh brand, Cobalt Blue mixed with White to get the hue i wanted. it isn't foam latex, so not porous. typical commercial latex rubber appendage/mask type stuff. but i have painted my Frank (dead bunny from Donnie Darko) latex mask with a special latex paint specifically designed for stretch. suppose it depends on what type of latex you're painting.

My trouble has been with getting paints to adhere to the store-bought latex pieces. I've tried several different types of paint but nothing really wants to stick. Apparently the stuff I'm buying has been treated with some coating that resists bonding of all sorts of paint and leads to cracks and nasty chips.
    A little digging around turned up a suggestion that I try vinyl paint as a base with acrylic over that, so that's what I'm going to try next.
    At any rate, I've got a lot of work to do to get this build ready! This one is really a test run... I think I'm going to completely revamp the armor to be something totally unique, but still recognizable as Skeletor... maybe even remake the muscle suit eventually... but not before I get moving on Trap Jaw!
    Thanks for your help, and hopefully I'll run into you both at C2E2!

best of luck! and hope to catch you there.

OMG, I think I'm in love

Evil Lyn - He-Man by ~perolaluizi on deviantART
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar

30th Birthday Skeletor

Ok you can have a laugh at my expense. Had my 30th party this Saturday and I went as Skeletor.

Behold my sparrow legs!

Anyways She-Ra and Flutterina (Or strange versions thereof) were also present, but I need to check if they want to be featured!
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Ha ha, cool pose! Definitely fits with Filmation Skelly, lol.

Cool door too! I love real-wooden and heavy doors like that.
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

Movie mayhem!
    HA thats awesome!! Good job SMB!

Quote Originally Posted by KalesDad View Post
    Cool door too! I love real-wooden and heavy doors like that.
    He should paint the door blue and put a "Police Box" sign above

@KalesDad - Ha ha thanks dude. I actually prefer 200x Skeletor, but couldn't get a hold of a cape or havoc staff in time. As for the door, they are not as heavy as they look. CHeap doors which are basically wood panelling and hollow inside

@Patreek - LOL thanks man. Wait till you see me dressed up as She-Ra!

@DJ Force - Ha ha I would but the wife is giving you a look at the moment which would melt your face!

Commissions - [TBA]

Ah yes. The lovely wifes. Thatīs why the Doctor never married his companions *lol*

Quote Originally Posted by theblock View Post
    OMG, I think I'm in love
    not enough yellow on that girl to drive me crazy.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    He should paint the door blue and put a "Police Box" sign above
    OMG, what an awesome idea!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy
    Ha ha I would but the wife is giving you a look at the moment which would melt your face!
    Lol! I'm lucky enough to have a wife who also loves the Doctor (well, not as much as I do, lol)... BUT, I don't know if she'd go for that either, ha ha. Maybe on my Son's room door? Hmm...
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

Thanks for posting that picture of your Skellie costume - I saw it online and thought it looked great...but now...

Sorry! I mean, thanks! Ermm....

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Thanks for posting that picture of your Skellie costume - I saw it online and thought it looked great...but now...

Sorry! I mean, thanks! Ermm....
    Oh its dodgy as hell, I couldn't stop laughing, especially with my skinny legs

Commissions - [TBA]

I decided to share the pic of my Lifesize Grayskull Blaster a little earlier
    So hereīs me holding it, as requested

Last edited by DJ Force; February 13, 2011 at 07:38pm.

I want a Prince Adam costume for my son!
    Visit my websites at www.ravensrealm.envy.nu
    www.freewebs.com/mjspickett

My wish list:
    Teela
    The Sorceress
    She-ra
    Tri-klops

Sorry, not for sale