Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Petition to add Bonus Figures option to Club Eternia!!!

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Where do we start the "Official What Number Were You Given on the Bonus Figure Petition" Thread?

Good job keeping this thread updated. Hopefully there will be a good tally of people!
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Yeah, I love the extra figures, but they should have been included in the subscription. What was the point of the subscription again?
    Brian

Photos and video of my massive collection! Click here!

Most wanted: 200x Snake Men-carded Roboto, vintage Spinnerella and Netossa. Also: Hook 'Em Flogg's weapon and Missile Armor Flipshot's backpack.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Anyone else wanna sign this thing?

300 signatures is pretty darn good, though!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Me too! Sign me in!

I think that would be a great idea, especially if a bonus figure becomes the norm

Singn me in I would love to get two figures/beasts in my subscribtion

They should have gave an option to just get everything. We pay monthly anyway so it's not like we are paying up front and something might change. They could just charge us for whatever comes out for the month. Oh yeah, and make sure THEY SHIP THEM TO US!!!

Mattels actions are really started to grate me. It shouldnt be this hard or expensive. Sign me up. PLEASE.
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    The reason we can't add bonus figures to the subscription is because for 2010 we don't know how many bonus figures we are doing. We have to see how the first few figures do first.

If the bonus figure program take off, we will add them to the 2011 subscription. If they don't take off, future planned bonus figures (after Battle Armor He-Man) will be rolled into the regular line.

The 2010 subscription will only include the figures we know we are doing for sure, which is the 12 monthly figures (and Battle Armor He-Man and Battle Cat as bonus figures not in the subscription).

Toyguru, can you give us any indication how Zodak is doing so far?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Selling very well. We'll keep an eye on him, Goddess, BA He-Man and Battlecat before giving the green light on more bonus figures. If there is not enough support for more then one figure per month, we won't do them. Simple as that. You vote with your purchase people!

TG

Wow! Thank you Toyguru Great news that he is selling very well!
    Any chances to see more of Adora soon? Her packaging? Or new figures?

Once we get packaged samples, we'll post em! Prob in a few weeks. About a month from when we had Randor's package.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    The reason we can't add bonus figures to the subscription is because for 2010 we don't know how many bonus figures we are doing. We have to see how the first few figures do first.

If the bonus figure program take off, we will add them to the 2011 subscription. If they don't take off, future planned bonus figures (after Battle Armor He-Man) will be rolled into the regular line.

The 2010 subscription will only include the figures we know we are doing for sure, which is the 12 monthly figures (and Battle Armor He-Man and Battle Cat as bonus figures not in the subscription).
    I kind of get what you are saying here, what I don't like and never did really is having to go to the computer every month at exactly 12 noon est and order figures. That's really why I jumped on the subscriptions, and the whole bonus figure thing every month kind of defeated the purpose of the sub in the first place. I intend on getting everything that comes out so I would have no problem obligating myself to that in the form of an all inclusive subscription. Maybe look into it?
    P.S. it really means alot to me and I'm sure many others to see you here posting with us.

Yee haw! One step closer to more unique tools.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

How about giving the "Non-Subscribers" a chance a exclusive figures like Wun-Dar???

I'd hate to pay $50 or more for this "Re-Paint" and "Re-Packaged" figure on "Evil-Bay"...

Bonus Figures are great! But these "Exclusives" remind me of the Comic Con figures that alot of people will never get....

And why make them exclusive??? Like I said who cares about the secondary market MOST companies want to get the product in the hands of the people that WANT it and the more they want the more they will buy so putting this as an "Exclusive" is kinda dumb because you could sell MORE to everyone else.....

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Once we get packaged samples, we'll post em! Prob in a few weeks. About a month from when we had Randor's package.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    How about giving the "Non-Subscribers" a chance a exclusive figures like Wun-Dar???

I'd hate to pay $50 or more for this "Re-Paint" and "Re-Packaged" figure on "Evil-Bay"...

wun-dar is exclusive to subscribers. It's fair. EVERYONE had the chance to subscribe. if you didn't want to commit to every figure, forfit combined shipping for bonus figures for a year and pay for wun-dar 9 months in advance then that was your decision.
    You'll find the amount of money a lot of subscribers lose from combining shipping with bonus orders makes wun-dar cost them a LOT more than $50.
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Sign me in!

Heroic Warrior
    What about new collectors who never heard of the subscription plan? Mattel needs to find a way to make new folks feel welcome instead of "you weren't collecting during the summer months of 2009, so screw you!"

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I personally would be surprised to see Wun-Dar break $100 with any frequency.

Wun-dar is for subscribers, because it's a smart move by Mattel. If anyone disagrees they're never going to come around, so it's a little pointless to debate the point.

If bonus figures are un-addable then a way needs to be found to combine shipping, so subscribers aren't getting shafted for being so dang loyal. I know this issue has been addressed, but I'm not buying that it can't be done.

Also, I just hope I can get my sub fig's since my sub wasn't renewed for Teela.

Subscribers have to:
    1. pay twice for shipping, if they order bonuses.
    2. still be on Mattycollector, and deal with the hassle if they want bonuses.
    3. not get their sub fig's, because DR can't figure out how to charge their card.

At this point Wun-dar is the only reason to have a subscription, since all of the other benefits (including getting a sub figure), are void. And now I'm skeptical that I will even get a Wun-dar anyway. Hopefully he will go for $100 plus on ebay, so something good will come out of having a sub.

Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man
    I personally would be surprised to see Wun-Dar break $100 with any frequency.
    I agree. I for one could care less about Wun-Dar. I would gladly trade mine for a Battle Armor He-man

At this point, I think the petition should be to add the normal figures to the subscription.

Matty said that because they don't know how many bonus figures will release in 2010, they can't add bonus figures to the subscription.

They Don't need add bonus figures to the subscription, the day that they decide to release a bonus figure, like a benefit to the subscribers they can send a mail to all subscribers asking if you want to add a bonus figure for $20.00.

In case of Yes you that month pay a plus of $20.00.

If you have 1 sub only you can add 1 bonus figure per month. if you have 2 sub, you can add till 2 bonus figures.

How many 2010 subscriptors will subscribe to 2011 ? all we know is that we are subscriptors and we have not any benefit...

Bang your head!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by badmouse View Post
    How many 2010 subscriptors will subscribe to 2011 ? all we know is that we are subscriptors and we have not any benefit...

Uhhh... Free Wun-Dar figure and map? Possible use of cupon codes? Thats enough of a benefit for me...