Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Princess Adora Discussion

MOTUC Princess Adora Discussion

Hey, did Mattel work out a deal with the rights holders of Filmation ? Cos that Adora looks straight out of SOTS. Beautiful. I'm just curious if she's be marketed as Adora, Princess of Eternia or Adora, ruthless Force Captain of the Evil Horde. Hmmm..

Thank you 4H and Mattel. My bb-day month is Jan, I can order this, and have her by my birthday
    Once you kill the cow, you gotta make a burger
    Positive Trade with : Thehorde,

Apparently, Adora is the character that was found in the archives. She was designed by Mattel, not Filmation.

It is actually because of the PoP style guides.

A post from Emiliano on this subject:

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah
    Apparently that design was discovered in their archives so it wasn't a filmation design it was a Mattel design.
    Not really...
    I guess the Style Guide we all brought to Mattel attention did the trick

All original POP design were originated at Filmation (She-Ra and Adora designed by Diane Keener) but then used by Mattel for licensing.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Straight outta Mattel's Style Guide, to be more precise.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    In the SDCC pictures/news thread, TheShadow posted a pic of Scareglow that has the listings of all the upcoming figures.. you have to squint a bit but it refers to her as "Princess Adora".

Who cares? I can't believe they made ADORA, and they made her right!!!

I was totally prepared for a new concept of Adora, which would've been fine. But this release will be AMAZING!

Is it possible to see the style book that everyone is talking about?

Seriously, the figure news is 10 times better than I imagined!!!

WOW!!!

I am so excited)

I'm going to take two subscriptions, just to be sure I get my two Adoras I want (Wun-Dar I couldn't care less about).

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Who cares? I can't believe they made ADORA, and they made her right!!!

I was totally prepared for a new concept of Adora, which would've been fine. But this release will be AMAZING!

Is it possible to see the style book that everyone is talking about?

Seriously, the figure news is 10 times better than I imagined!!!

WOW!!!
    I hear ya, Prince Adam. Adora is the figure that I want the most! Well... I want em all!!
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

She exactly right from the cartoon and I am just in awe over this. I can't believe they did her perfect.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I am not that excited about she-ra, but even I am enjoying that Adora! Great work!!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Who cares?
    I sure do! Opening the door to all of PoP and with the look we all wanted that the original barbie pop line didnt deliver? Eternia side like Shotoki. Oh yeah I care if they could swing that so much I would buy max figures of those.

I think that Adora is perfect!

I'm so excited about this!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I'll admit, I'm floored by this. Not just by how great the figure looks, but that Mattel legal apparently didn't turn seven consecutive shades of purple upon seeing it.

Seriously, that is just bloody perfect. The curl of the hair around the face on either side, the shape of the face, even the eyes, just perfect. I thought this would be impossible, but apparently strong sales make the folks deciding such things bolder.

The Horsemen have knocked it out of the park on all these figures, but they knocked this one into the next state.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Here's my take and it could be wrong, Val said that any motu fan character that we create on this site Mattel can use without our permission because they own MOTU. so in turn doesn't that mean any POP or MOTU character made by filmation would fall under that same banner? From my understanding mattel owned all TOY rights to the toon counterparts. anyway aside from THAT discussion it's possible that if it doesn't fall under the cartoon then it does happen to chance that anything in the STYLE GUIDE is mattel property while if it was toon only they'd have to get permission. maybe..who knows.

OR this is what I think is most likely right now, Mattel has rights to make any character that was a toy in the 80s, the loophole is that they can do them in any style includingany printed material that belongs to mattel, that's probably the case wit this adora
    Last edited by krosfyah; July 24, 2009 at 09:54pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by madara View Post
    I sure do! Opening the door to all of PoP and with the look we all wanted that the original barbie pop line didnt deliver? Eternia side like Shotoki. Oh yeah I care if they could swing that so much I would buy max figures of those.
    Madara, no offense intended with my "Who cares?"... I'm in nerdgasm mode over Adora! I think when I typed that earlier, I was referring to the question of where or what loophole did they use to bring Adora to us the way we all wanted her!

Anyway, so excited! And that Battle Armor He-Man is rocking out!!

Now I wanna know everything else that's in this "Style Guide"!
    I am stoked about Adora, as she never had a proper figure back in the day.
    However, I'm still crossing fingers that Catra and She-Ra appear in MOTUC as Four Horsemen designed versions of the classic toys and not the Filmation versions, simply because I prefer the toy designs over the toon, and have been waiting to see what a 4H Catra could look like. I guess time will tell!

Heroic Warrior
    Adora's not only perfect in every single way, they even did her Sword of Protection properly! Makes me even happier now that I've bought the subscription... Makes up for Wun-Dar.

Of ourse, this means that, ironically, this time ADAM'S the missing twin...
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

Looking at the better pictures, I'm in awe of this figure!

She is perfect and by far my favourite figure of the entire toyline to date. I just hope I can get 2 of her, as I definately have to have one to open and another to keep in her package.

I have a feeling she will be a very quick sell out.

Just sad we have to wait til january for her. She will go on sale a day after my birthday
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

In the panel they said this Adora design did in fact originate from Mattel and not Filmation according to the archives they looked through. Surprised the heck out of me--even more than she's out before both She-Ra and Adam. But hey, we got lucky. I am sorry this seems to imply Filmation looking She-Ra is still in question though.

I really hope the POP style guide is the answer. That means that the POP figures will pretty much look like their Filmation counterparts, if we're lucky. I don't want an Angella with long auburn hair - I want the short blond hair of the cartoon! I was Catra with a Horde symbol, Frosta with bangs! Castaspella in yellow and blue, glimmer in purple, and blue!

I am so excited for the future of POP in MOTUC! The only sad part is that they won't be released often enough. I also feel bad for NA fans because there was no NA stuff shown for them.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I'm all sorts of happy and January is my bday month so this is kinda an added bonus. I am really looking forward to her. I just hope I will be able to pose her like when she first holds the Sword of Protection in SOTS. I believe Adora is going to be the centerpiece of my collection until they release either Spinnerella, Spinwit, Fisto or Swift Wind the character not me.
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

I'm a huge Adora fan and have always been. To me, a redesigned Adora just wouldn't have cut it. I have my dream figure now. Toyguru mentioned the style guides before and that Mattel has rights to them so this isn't a complete surprise, I just wonder who else is in there.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Adora looks like she literally walked out of the cartoon. In the one picture I've seen, she looks so similar to it that she almost doesn't look like an action figure. I mean, this sculpt and paint job is good.

She is just so amazing - she even has the purple eyeshadow on her eyelids.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"