Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Trap Jaw discussion

MOTUC Trap Jaw discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Making Trap-Jaw with enough extras to make either Kronis or Trap-Jaw is the perfect recipe to ensure every single person buys a minimum of 2 figures so they can have both versions
    I said it at on the 6th of July. I am now changing my use of Hordak smilies to Trap-Jaw smilies

I think Trap-Jaw is the best reveal that has come from SDCC. We all knew he was coming eventually but the figure is leaps and bounds over every other figure revealed.

I am sure there will be many people who disagree, Adora looks good, Randor looks good and Scareglow looks good but they all seem to missing something.

I would love to see many, many extra arm accessories come with Trap-Jaw.

What does everyone else think of Trap-Jaw/Kronis?

Will you be purchasing two? One to display as Trap-Jaw, one to dispaly as Kronis?

What arm accessories would you like to see come with him?

What changes would you make to Trap-Jaw?

EDIT: Added pictures of Trap-Jaw/Kronis

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TheFallen; July 25, 2009 at 09:49am. Reason: added pictures

Will be purchasing 2 and it seems I've waited 25yrs to get one at that since I never had him.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I agree with you. Trappy is by far my favorite & he may be my favorite of all the MOTUC figs. I'm very sad that we have to wait so long for him though. I want him for Christmas. I'll be buying two, but I buy two of every figure with two heads.

As for his attachments, I'd like to see about 5. I think a cool and funny one would be the flyswatter attachment he used in the filmation cartoon. I can't wait for him!
    I'm disabled because I chose to drink & drive. I broke my neck, when I totaled my car. I was in the exact same condition as Christopher Reeves was, but I regained my ability to walk. Please don't drink & drive. To read my story, checkout my website & share it with your family & friends.

http://www.dontdrinkandride.com/

Including the accessories for Kronos is awesome!!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Widget
    Thank goodness Trap Jaw was announced! He is a truly impressive figure in a very average line up shown at SDCC (with the exceptions of Teela, Webstor, and Battle Cat).

The Kronis arm does look a bit funny but even managing to do something like this is a great add on

Trap-Jaw was my first ever MOTU so I do have some significant nostalgia to him

Still best reveal of SDCC. And that is saying something because there were some great reveals

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    He's awesome, but the furry shorts look particularly out of place in this instance.

It's like getting 2 totally different figures!

Here's hoping they re-release him down the line in his green color scheme like they did in 200X.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Court Magician
    I think Trap Jaw is the best of the figures at SDCC. However, this is the first MOTUC figure where I feel the 200X version is better. The 200X version gave Trap-Jaw a really mean look and the cannon was such a vast improvement over the original.

This Trap Jaw is good, but in this case I don't think it is better than the 200X version. Anyone else agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Squiddish Rex View Post
    I think Trap Jaw is the best of the figures at SDCC. However, this is the first MOTUC figure where I feel the 200X version is better. The 200X version gave Trap-Jaw a really mean look and the cannon was such a vast improvement over the original.

This Trap Jaw is good, but in this case I don't think it is better than the 200X version. Anyone else agree?
    I am hoping he gets more arm accessories and the 200x cannon is included as one of them

I am hoping he gets more arm accessories and the 200x cannon is included as one of them
    That would be a good idea for the accessories pack that was mentioned. Maybe a MAA arm cannon as well
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Judging by the pics I have seen it looks like the mechanical arm is fully articulated. Including the shoulder there looks to be four articulation points

I think that Trap Jaw is very well done!

Can't wait for Trap Jaw. In my opinion, he is easily one of the best figures in this line up. Trappy and MAA are my favorites so far, although Tri-Klops looks outstanding as well. Ahhhhh....Who am I kidding, I love them all.

Doing my best Skeletor... Agent John Utah's Avatar
    Trap Jaw is by far my favorite of the new reveals, I love that they mostly stuck pure vintage for the look. Some of my favorite details on him are:

- the subtle metallic blue on his arms and armor;
    - the bugged-out yellow bulgin' eyes;
    - tons of detail added to his "simple" mechanical arm;
    - the bright day-glow colors of the original.

I'm hoping he also has the glowing warrior ring that Tri-Klops will have, as the original Trap Jaw had one too.
    Visit my MotU Magazine Scans Thread>
    ██▓▓▒▒░░ Agent John Utah ░░▒▒▓▓██

Trap-Jaw is quite perfect, but who was that "deluxe fig", HIM ??? I mean what he got.. few accessories and one arm more than others ! Actually Man-At-Arms has as many parts as Trap-Jaw !
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

He is great and probably my most anticipated now that MAA is out. I would buy 2 but since he is out the same month as BC, I'm going to have to cut back to 1. In fact all these bonus figs are going to impact the number I buy from now on. The $28.50 price tag x2 is going to start wearing on people.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I'm so excited about the MOTUC Trap Jaw. It was worth the wait.

I can't wait to see what his mechanical arm looks like - its one of the few instances where I hope it resembles the 200x version over the vintage version.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I'll only be getting the one, but don't get me wrong; he is awesome! I'll just switch out the parts from time to time. Great optional parts, though! The only thing that would make it better is a mid-beaten-to-crap face. His face could be all green and burning, and the jaw could be in the middle of flying off as Skeletor uppercuts that sucker into nothing!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Trap Jaw is awesome looking and raises the bar on these MOTUC figures. I guess we can probably expect Roboto or Man-E-Faces sometime during '10.

Yes..this brought a tear to my eye. I have the subscription thing going but I may just buy a bonus trap jaw to have as his earlier and less metal self. Just a greaet looking chase packed right into the 1 card.
    Thank you once again mattel. Trap jaw and tri klops were the ones I wanted most
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

I am just glad I decided to get 2 subscriptions. I knew that they would be releasing two headed figures and I am so happy that they are doing Trapjaw Justice. He definatly deserves both heads not to mention three arms. I can't wait to see more details about the robotic arm.
    JD

Judging by the pics I have seen it looks like the mechanical arm is fully articulated. Including the shoulder there looks to be four articulation points
    I hope you're right friend...
    It would be very disappointing to see my favorite cybernetic figure of all time not to have articulations in his mechanical arm out of all of the MOTUC figures!

I was hoping he'll be the November instead of Scare-Glow, but now we have to wait more than six months to get him! AAAGH, it's so darn painful by just thinking about it!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Looking at a close up of him, you can see that his arm is fully articulated! Perfectly, I might add! He'll probably be able to brace his gun arm with his left hand, as well!

Anyway, it's kinda dark inside his mouth, like the original.....but you can almost see some detail in here. Anyone think there might be a little mangled nastyness under his jaw? That would be awesome!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post

Anyway, it's kinda dark inside his mouth, like the original.....but you can almost see some detail in here. Anyone think there might be a little mangled nastyness under his jaw? That would be awesome!

I was looking at it and thought the same thing. He does seem to have something there huh!?:

http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!