Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one that isn't happy the Wonder Bread He-Man is the 'mystery' figure

Heroic Warrior

Am I the only one that isn't happy the Wonder Bread He-Man is the 'mystery' figure

With your subscription you get all 12 figures guaranteed and but well charge you $20 up from for a really cool figure.

And then we fund out its' - a repaint. No new moulding - just a He-Man and Faker rip-off in my opinion. Oh, and a map. That's it! Con.

And now with other bad news - the bonus figures we were told to going to be either re-releases or repaint are mostly - repaints to look like different characters. The thing is, I do like the look of Green Goddess and Zodak (though he should come with an extra head).

But, I'm sorry. Wun-Dar is a huge insult to me and I'm usually pretty-pro this line.

I had hoped the bonus figure was the Green Goddess, but if they give Wun-Dar a cool backstory that makes sense, I'm fine with it.

I too was hoping the Green Goddess was going to be the bonus figure for the subscribers but Wun-Dar will work I guess unless I don't get my mitts on a Green Goddess.
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

You know, as the live updates were coming in, I found myself hoping Wun-Dar would be named. But when they said he was the subscription bonus, I was a little disappointed. I was hoping for something more...important...to be the exclusive.

That being said, I'd buy him either way, so no biggie.

Heroic Warrior BrandnChicagoHorde's Avatar
    I'm pretty underwhelmed myself, but honestly, that's good news for me becuase now I don't have to worry about getting the subscription. Frankly, it's a relief.
    The littlest member of the Chicago Horde with the Dirtiest Mouth!

Look at What I'm Selling! Please Feel Free to PM Offers:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181471

Trader Reviews:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=175510

Heroic Warrior
    Call me a raving nostalgia monkey, but I like him. A lot actually. I don't know why exactly, but I just do. So I'm perfectly happy personally. And it was always going to be a repaint, as I imagine if they went with a brand new character or spent new molding on a subscription only figure a very large percentage of the fanbase would have been up in arms about how they were being forced to subscribe. This way people can take it or leave it pretty much, without greatly affecting their collections. Me, I'll gladly take him, others mileage may vary.

The only thing I'm not thrilled about is the fact that there really is no bonus given that we have to pay full cost for the figure, plus shipping, so really the only true "bonus" subscribers are getting is the map. That's a bit weak in my eyes, but again, it is what it is, so I guess I'll just have to live with it.

He is basically a throw away figure, not really the carrot to dangle infront of people to sign up to the subscription. I think the next few releases are more than enough of a carrot

I said from the beginning it would be WB he-man, it's VERY cheap to do and most fans that don't get a subscription won't care. to think it would have been a brand new figure is a little misguided as they would have to make this figure be very inexpensive, I thought it would be WB or Greeen Goddess. I guess they figured WB would hurt non subscribers a lot less.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I'm fine with him, I'm actually quite happy with him to tell you the truth. And those wishing it were the Green Goddess are just switching him out for another repaint.

Starting to look like you ARE the only one.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I didn't really care about the bonus figure. Actually I'm relieved for fans who did not want the subscription.

The main selling point of the subscription was no more load screens or having to be present at a computer at the 15th of the month, nervously hoping that I can buy my figure before it sells out.

If anything, now we can stop asking for Wun-Dar and ask for the real Savage He-Man, the one out of He-Man and the Power Sword.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I think its fine. He qualifies well as a bonus figure IMO, because it seems most fans could give or take him. Hes not a real 'staple' in the MOTU universe, therefore if some fans miss him, it wont be too huge a deal.

I'm content with Wun-Dar as the exclusive. I wasn't expecting it to be a figure of a confirmed toy from days long ago.

I honestly would have preferred if it had been the Green Goddess, simply because I'd rather have a female figure, that is likely going to be made in smaller quantities and harder to get. I think Mattel is still going to have that mentality that female figs don't sell and she'll sell out faster than expected.

But I can see why Wun-Dar made it as the exclusive. Fans who don't know the whole debate where Wun-Dar came from would likely be going, 'Why am I supposed to buy a figure who comes with a loaf of bread?'
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Anyone who doesn't like Wun-Dar and his cosmic lo-af can always sell him, If the resellers can sell a 53 page brochure for three of four times it's original inflated price you should be able to get a good price for the club exclusive. Just for the record I like him, and the map, then again I like tounge in cheek things like this.

yeah, the subscription was more about garaunteed figures and avoiding the Matty rush (although the bonus fig issue makes that mute for half the darn line). That said, I like Wun-dar - very reminicent of He-man's Conan roots.

kinda - that figure isn't a big stretch - He-Man with zodac armor? sheesh!
    I would have preferred something a bit more esoteric....

I think it's to shut us up. Now they can stick some backstory on him and make him an official MOTU character. No more wondering in the org threads about who he is or where he came from. Same with Scare glow....once and for all I'm sure we'll find out what "ghost of Skeletor" means and Mattel will say "there. Now shut up."

I am curious about two things:

1-Does WB He-Man come with classics brown weapons ?

2-I was wondering...what Mattel will write in his bio ?

I don't like Wun Dar....but I do like that piece of bread he comes with.
    :2/16/2010:
    I try to forget but the pain won't go away. Never forget, Never forgive.

Famous last words: "But I had a coupon!"

I couldn't begin to imagine the hate that would come if the exclusive figure was a new sculpt!

It almost has to be a repaint of some kind. Hardcore fans have been requesting this figure for years. Good job Mattel, appease the hardcore fans and make it easy on yourselves.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Court Magician
    It's all about money.

Mattel knew if they released the Wonderbread He-man he would not be very popular.

The Green Goddess would be hugely popular with fans and would sell out in a few hours at most, so why throw her in for free with the subscription?

Mattel threw in the lousiest figure they could find for the subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiddish Rex View Post
    It's all about money.

Mattel knew if they released the Wonderbread He-man he would not be very popular.

The Green Goddess would be hugely popular with fans and would sell out in a few hours at most, so why throw her in for free with the subscription?

Mattel threw in the lousiest figure they could find for the subscription.
    They didn't have to do anything at all, I think everyone should remind themselves of that sometimes.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I'm okay with it. I was bummed at first, but got over it

Classic & 200X fan
    I love him since I've had a bio for him for a loooong time. No Wun Dar though. Mine is called "Dare", and he's the son of Adam & Teela, taken as a baby By Skeletor, mirroring what happened with Adora. Skeletor uses the baby as ranson, for He-Man's half of the power sword, which Teela ends up delivering.

So I'm thrilled his the bonus figure!!!!!!!!!!!!
    big geek

i'm not sure how i feel about it. on one hand i have absolutely no connection with that character. never even heard of it until this website.

on the other hand i do want the subscription to avoid the red death. and that is the only reason i want it. wun-dar is zero incentive to subscribe.

honestly, i think i'd probably not even display that figure if i bought it. well, i suppose if they write an interesting bio about him but then you have the loaf of bread accessory - which makes me wonder if they are just gonna make him a joke or something.

and then the first subscription figure is adora ... ugh. i know she has fans but i think that is a very strange choice for the opening figure. i never even heard of her before this website. it's a tough decision - i guess i have a couple of weeks to decide.

I think it's pretty funny, especially with the bread accessory. I would have much rather gotten Battle Armor He-Man, but I'm still cool with this.

I kind of hate that BA is going to be a bonus figure, because that was one of my favorite versions of He-Man. BA Skeletor is definitely my favorite Skeletor ever.