Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one that isn't happy the Wonder Bread He-Man is the 'mystery' figure

Heroic Warrior
    I'm disappointed. If it was a true bonus, I wouldn't have cared, but the fact that I have to pay $20 "subscription fee" to get a figure I don't want is kind of annoying. Combine that with the fact that if I want any of the monthly bonus figures I'll have to pay a separate shipping fee. I was sure I was going to get the 2010 subscription, but now I think I may just skip it and take my chances with the red screen of death each month.

Heroic Warrior
    Kinda lame, really. Unless he has a spectacular backstory, he's just another He-Man variant and not one I'd be keeping.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    He is basically a throw away figure, not really the carrot to dangle infront of people to sign up to the subscription. I think the next few releases are more than enough of a carrot
    I agree with Fallen's statement. Wun-Dar is a humorous and whimsical figure who has lived on with MOTU in urban legend only. It's awesome that Mattel and the 4H developed him!

Two points to remember:

We are getting SO MANY COOL NEW FIGURES! Don't be crushed about Wun-Dar's repainted self. Look at what we all have to look forward to! The MOTUC world is expanding and growing exponentially!

And, remember that this line NEEDS to have repaints. It's got to be seen as a big financial success to the powers that be, and the ability to re-use figures (Wun-Dar, Beast Man/Moss Man, Green Goddess, etc) are a necessary evil. Well, I wouldn't call it an evil-- I think it's all terrific!

***Final note: there was ALOT of hooplah recently about the subscription figure. There was going to be an angry mob with pitchforks and torches showing up at Mattel Headquarters if that "bonus fig" was something that anti-subscribers really wanted. Now, everyone can go to bed happy!

Doing my best Skeletor... Agent John Utah's Avatar
    I was pretty much sure I didn't want WB He-Man last week, when everyone was predicting him as the sub-exclusive (due to trademark searches). But now after seeing him, the concept has grown on me, I had the old accessory pack with the black Zodac armor and would always make new characters by putting it on some bootleg or Warlock fig.

I know this purported mail-away figure never existed, so maybe it also opens up the possibility of brand new characters just for MOTUC? I would love to see 1 new figure per year that is completely made up, or inspired by a bootleg perhaps. (Fuerza-T Classics anyone?)

Plus, resellers just might be stupid enough to buy tons of subs, hoping he will have a bright future on eBay, meaning less traffic on mattycollector on release day!
    Visit my MotU Magazine Scans Thread>
    ██▓▓▒▒░░ Agent John Utah ░░▒▒▓▓██

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    First of all, I knew it would be a repaint. They couldn't give us an all-new figure...just think of the uproar from those who didn't subscribe or missed the subscription. Some who didn't want to subscribe were already complaining that there even was a bonus figure.

Second, I look at that $20 for exactly what it is...a sign-up fee. That fee is for the convenience of having the subscription, and to guarantee you get the 12 monthly figures. The extra figure and the map are bonuses, just as it says they are.

So...if you don't like Wun-Dar, then sell or trade him to a fellow collector who missed out on the subscription service and wants the figure. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I don't take the subscription, but: I DON'T LIKE that they will release a figure that has never exist and now on gives a little

more fake history for the "original" figure/ mystery. Even tough, I will try to get one if I get him cheap.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I'm on board with most of the feedback on this news. As a subscriber that wants everything released, it is kind of a cool incentive but it did not make or break my decision. If it had been a really key character, I'm sure Mattel would have irritated alot of fans that are not subscribing.

Well it makes good business sense because of all the bonus figures, he is the only one I would not have bought if he wasn't lumped in with the subscription. I would have loved Green Goddess or Zodak in there, but of course I will do all I can to buy them separate from the subscription. Wun-Dar just doesn't do anything for me. He looks cool, but boy do I not care if I have him. These bonuses that aren't in the subscription look great but have reversed all the comfort I had with getting the subscription. My hope is next year they will offer to include bonuses in the subscription as well. They said they don't want to force people to buy figures they already have, but so far most of these bonuses aren't figures we've already bought.
    Last edited by gbagok; July 24, 2009 at 11:44pm.

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    I think it's more than fair actually. I look back at what they did for the SDCC He-Ro and how everyone, including myself went ape-s*** because he was going to be different. Then the only difference was a SDCC logo which some people could take it or leave it cause it wasn't that big of a deal. Same with Wun-Dar He-man. Since he's not really an official MOTU figure,or a key character, some people could take him or leave him. I think it's genious actually, and doesnt cause too much of an uproar.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Never cared for him! I would have rather seeing Adam instead, or the Green-Goddess for that matter, but Wun-Da!!? A little disappointing indeed!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I love this idea... the fact that he comes with a loaf of bread is just completely awesome. It sold me on the subscription deal.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Honestly, I think it was a good move! For crazy folks like me who like hilarious figures (I won't rest until we see Disco Skeletor) then the figure rocks! For folks who don't want the subscription, well, it's a pretty plain repaint, so they aren't missing much. It's the perfect bonus for me! Nothing amazing, but interestingly obscure and funny.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I want him and Scareglow the same! I think he looks awesome! I've always loved the Savage He-Man and I am so happy that I finally get him.

Fans really are a fickle bunch. I'm very happy to have Wun-Dar as the exclusive. I've wanted this character ever since I heard about him, and that dark brown metallic power sword is just too cool. All the amazingly cool figures that are coming down the pike, and some of you guys just find new things to complain about. Granted, its your right to be able to do so, but still Wun-Dar will be a great figure to own.

First of all, I knew it would be a repaint. They couldn't give us an all-new figure...just think of the uproar from those who didn't subscribe or missed the subscription. Some who didn't want to subscribe were already complaining that there even was a bonus figure.

Second, I look at that $20 for exactly what it is...a sign-up fee. That fee is for the convenience of having the subscription, and to guarantee you get the 12 monthly figures. The extra figure and the map are bonuses, just as it says they are.

So...if you don't like Wun-Dar, then sell or trade him to a fellow collector who missed out on the subscription service and wants the figure. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
    I agree with you Pixel Dan. There is no reason to be upset. If you don't want him then sell him to someone who does.
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

I'm not sure about him. I will still get the subscription though because it sounds like they are going to give subscribers some extra stuff throughout the year. I'd hate to miss out on something really cool.
    I'm disabled because I chose to drink & drive. I broke my neck, when I totaled my car. I was in the exact same condition as Christopher Reeves was, but I regained my ability to walk. Please don't drink & drive. To read my story, checkout my website & share it with your family & friends.

http://www.dontdrinkandride.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LastEternian View Post
    and that dark brown metallic power sword is just too cool.
    Agreed! I don't know why I want that sword in as many colors as I can get it, but I do! If you wanted to go overboard, you could use it as the dark half of the sword if Hordak ever got it in his hands!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Please tell me that we don't have to pay shipping on him ...

A $20 fee for joining should cover that, don't you think?

And how could this "sell" you on the subscription? ... it's a pretty lame and uninteresting He-Man repaint if you ask me.

Some of the aspects that fellow fans rave about in MotU just baffle me.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    If anything, now we can stop asking for Wun-Dar and ask for the real Savage He-Man, the one out of He-Man and the Power Sword.
    I agree! Now that the Goddess and Wonder Bread are out of the way, this would be a good figure to whine for. Tribal He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Agreed! I don't know why I want that sword in as many colors as I can get it, but I do! If you wanted to go overboard, you could use it as the dark half of the sword if Hordak ever got it in his hands!
    Hey, not only that but I was thinking that if you had two regular Zodac's you could use the black armor and instantly have an evil Zodac to stand with the evil warriors. I love the Hordak power sword angle. BTW, is anyone planning on displaying Wun-Dar w/o the armor?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Please tell me that we don't have to pay shipping on him ...

A $20 fee for joining should cover that, don't you think?

And how could this "sell" you on the subscription? ... it's a pretty lame and uninteresting He-Man repaint if you ask me.

Some of the aspects that fellow fans rave about in MotU just baffle me.
    That's why its good that other fans such as myself love this character. You can easily sell yours and another fan would be very happy to have him. Repaint or not, I think he's still a cool looking action figure.
    Last edited by LastEternian; July 24, 2009 at 11:54pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Really?

They charge $20 per regular figure, and the "sign up" fee for the subscription service in which you get a "free" figure just happens to be $20.

I'm sure it's just a crazy coincidence...

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    So...if you don't like Wun-Dar, then sell or trade him to a fellow collector who missed out on the subscription service and wants the figure.

I'll take one! I'm not getting the subscription but would eagerly have bought Wun-Dar had he been a regular monthly figure; I'm a little disapointed he's not a bonus figure. I'm going to try to find someone who doesn't want theirs and buy it off them.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

What upsets me is that their are so many bonus figs that we just can't auto buy like everything else in a subscription.....Why can't they just add those to the subscription? I would pay. I just hate competing to buy them...

MATTEL I WILL BUY ALL FIGS!!! Please just make it automatic already!!!!! BTW I am a MOTU Zombie and will buy just about anything...
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I like it.

It has good collector history, a funny name, and I hope he's a third enforcer. there is a lot of potential with that angle for sure. Though I hope he comes with some red bonus weapons. He's more futuristic now, I can't see calling him savage anymore.

I also love the poster. Bought two subscriptions on them there bits uh news.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Come on people, he comes with a loaf of bread. A LOAF OF FREAKIN' BREAD. How cool is that?

Gotta love Mattel, they have been asking for your bread to buy these figures and now they are giving their bread back to you

Heroic Warrior
    I wasn't thrilled about it. LOL. But, what can we do about it? Nada. I've already told someone else on the board who likes Wun Dar he can have him. LOL. See how it works? Join the subscription and if you get a figure you don't want, someone else will. Easy solution.