Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Am I the only one that isn't happy the Wonder Bread He-Man is the 'mystery' figure

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Honestly, I am one notch above indifferent towards Wun Dar. His only saving grace, for me, is his quasi-surreal connection to the vintage MOTU line. I am only interested in vintage characters or ones from the mini-comics. Maybe even some of the Filmation characters. But, given that Wun Dar is a fictional mail order promo from the 80's is the reason I am not totally apathetic in regards to him. I'd like to think of him as the "evil" He-Man minus the goatee. So, in the end I'll keep him but on Skeletor's side.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I love He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. I thank Mattel for bringing them to me. 'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoblinder2 View Post
    1) I'm a completest of MOTUC that are actually MOTUC, not shoehorned in POP or 200X Nonsense (my opinion).

2) Why would anyone go to eBay for figures? I've offered figures at COST for the past 4 Figures, and will keep doing it.

3) Why would I want the Sub Figure be something I wanted, if I had no desire to agree to Mattel's awful Terms? And why should Mattel yank toys off the website to hold to sell at other locations? I'm curious how you have came up with that I am a "hater". Also re-reading my first comment about the Awesome Move Of Yanking He-man and Beast-man, clearly you missed the point with your response.

Its nice to see the Sub buyer is a bigger fan than the person that makes arrangements to buy each toy on the given day, and will buy other Matty Products in a single order to cut down on their impact on the Earth.

Maybe "we" should judge the True Fans by what Pre-pro stuff they have? Or the number of figures they buy from Mattycollector? Or the number of Loose MOTUC they have? (I got over 100 loose figures, so beat me) Or how about quit acting like your a "better fan" because you Sub'ed?

QFT

I'll likely even pick up the Jan 2010 figure, to keep carded with my carded set. But no loose one for the loose set.

The 200X line that you call nonesense paved the way for the Classics...Show some respect.

I am Soldier in the United States Army. Sometimes its a little hard to remind my friends to get me my toys especially when Im out in the field. But i guess anything that I say will just sound like whining or excuses to you so I'll stop.

Either way you cut it somebody had to buy the toy from matty....whether you bought it form someone else or not Matty still had to sell it.

Put your money where your mouth is. Its the only way this thing is gonna stay afloat is if you put money in Mattel's hands, Not idealism or prayers or wishful thinking. I am sure that the SUB system isn't perfect by a long shot but I am willing to pay the price of not having to compete with other fans every month.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanLegend View Post
    Yeah, this whole community needs to stop being d-holes to each other. We're all here for the same reason: We love MOTU. Or at least dig it. Follow the great advice of Jackie Moon - Everbody Love Everybody- Anyway, I like Wun-Dar. I splurged and got another sub friday to get two just so I can do alternate version with the Green Goddess extra He-Man armor. Scareglow will be his chief enemy..
    Y'know, I was thinking on the weekend that the MOTUC forums are quite civilised. I agree with you in saying that the fans can be a little... passionate, in general we are all polite to each other.

Edit: LOL, I just read the post above mine...
    Last edited by He-Boy; August 17, 2009 at 12:28pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I really don't like this almost patriotic subscribers "the true fans" vs. the non-subscribers "the picky fans" attitude. I know a lot of fans who will get all of the figures even though they did not sign up for the subscription. And if someone wants to choose the characters that they buy, that does not make them any less of a fan.

Besides a steady income does not tell anything about how markets react to each figure. The non-subscribers still produce valid information for Mattel that is IMhO atleast as important to a company as is its steady income.

Heidi
    Look I understand that people have different financial circumstances that make it hard for them to commit to the subscription plan. I am making a financial sacrifice for convinience. I would rather be able to give my money to Mattel straight up instead of the secondary marketers. At least then I know I was giving my dollar vote to the actual makers.

I also understand that the subscription plan isn't exactly the most ideal subscription system. Maybe the Kool Aid I'm drinikng is having faith in Mattel to refine the system after its first year. Will they fix it who knows but I would rather have some system in place then none.

I admit I missed the ball completely with the last guy on the whole yanking the Figs online issue. I don't mean to put labels on people but really I do care for these figs and I was heart broken when the 200X line was canceled. I felt that I did my part. I must have bought 2 to 3 of each fig trying to keep it alive. I even gave them as presents to all of my friends and little cousins just to keep the line alive. It died and I am a bit traumatized still. Maybe it isn't a big deal to most but it is to me. So call me testy but I don't want a repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Y'know, I was thinking on the weekend that the MOTUC forums are quite civilised. I agree with you in saying that the fans can be a little... passionate, in general we are all polite to each other.

Edit: LOL, I just read the post above mine...

Dude This entire Forum is more civilized than any other that I have ever been. Around here arguing without name calling is considered fighting. Mods usually come around reminding us to be careful. A mod might PM me asking why do I sound hostile? Then I'd read in shock because I wasn't aware I was sounding hostile. At that point I'd apologize to everyone whom I think I offended. Then I just avoid the Org for a period of time out of frustration. Then I'd come back when I am ready to put myself through the gauntlet of "Is it me or am I the only one who....." thread.
    Last edited by CocoaSmooth; August 17, 2009 at 03:31am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I really don't like this almost patriotic subscribers "the true fans" vs. the non-subscribers "the picky fans" attitude. I know a lot of fans who will get all of the figures even though they did not sign up for the subscription. And if someone wants to choose the characters that they buy, that does not make them any less of a fan.

Heidi

yepp, I agree. I did not purchase, still I am, well no FANatic, but a collector of MOTU and I also like the sub thing and Wun-Dar a bit as well. It was just a few things on the sub that I did not like and I was afraid that I end up with UPS shipping, cos international did not stick on all tries suggested here.

Well and I am happy that Wun-Dar is the sub fig, cos I do not have to have it on all costs...so I am glad.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    Look I understand that people have different financial circumstances that make it hard for them to commit to the subscription plan. I am making a financial sacrifice for convinience. I would rather be able to give my money to Mattel straight up instead of the secondary marketers. At least then I know I was giving my dollar vote to the actual makers.
    I must clarify that I did not mean financial issues or buying from the secondary markets. What I meant was that there are a lot of people, who did not take a sub for various reason (for me it was about principles in the end) and will still buy figures monthly from Mattycollector.com.

And yes, some will buy these figures from secondary markets. My friend for example does not have a credit card, so if I or someone else did not order the figures for him, he'd most likely get them from secondary markets, which is totally understandable. AND, the people who use secondary markets still support Mattel as they support suppliers who order stuff from Mattel.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I'm very happy it's Wun-Dar actually! His 80s version is too expensive for me, now I get a great redesign of him in MotUC! Phantastic! And he always was an exclusive - why change that? )

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I wish this fourm had more fights, and blood shed.

No really though.... I wish Wundar wasnt a sub. Id like him, but i add extra figs each month from other lines, so id get killed with shipping. Screw it.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    I wish this fourm had more fights, and blood shed.

No really though.... I wish Wundar wasnt a sub. Id like him, but i add extra figs each month from other lines, so id get killed with shipping. Screw it.
    Never gonna happen. Its supposed to be kid friendly. Too be honest I don't think there are any kids around. They are probably too busy playing video games with lots of bloodshed. MOTU is man's sport....J/K

I think wunderbra He-Man looks like those 80's cheap knock off's of MOTU ... I'm glad i didn't get the subscription for the free(cough $20 joining fee cough) figure! I'm glad it wasn't Keldor or The Goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    I think Wun-Dar is an interesting choice as very little is known about him. I wonder if Mattel will come up with an interesting biography for him - the bios so far have been pretty unimaginative, so I'm not expecting great things. I also hope the map is of a decent quality, because that's really the only thing fans will be getting as a freebie.

The way the subscription has been set up is actually the bigger issue. As I wrote on Vaults: Subscribers will still end up paying the full price for every figure - hardly the benefit one should expect from a subscription. If you buy a magazine subscription you expect to get a discount on the overall cost. If you pre-order something on Amazon that is not yet released it costs you absolutely nothing to stay on the waiting list.

A subscription worth buying would offer 10 percent or so off the cost of all the figures or give away something really special... like a book of original MOTU art, for example.

I'm with you VoGS! Too many haters! Yeah he's a re-paint, and yes there are charaters they could do.. and the will! Wun-dar is one that really shows how much Matty is commited to giving fans the unexpected and entertaining.

Honest I can't wait to see the BG on him! I imagine something like: Eternia is free from evil... King Randor is ready to step aside and let Adam rule, but before before that Zodac appears and offers to He-Man a chance to join the cosmic defenders and do good now across the universe. He gives up he identy as Adam... let's Adora, who has defeated Hordak, rule as Queen, and gose off to become Wun-dar! As a last gesture he makes a loaf of his "famous spice bread" ****THAT'S FROM THE MOVIE! LET'S NOT FORGET HE-MAN AND BREAD GOTTA THING GOING!*****

I just mean, let's have some fun with it! I can't wait!

"I HAVE... ....THE FLOUR!!"
    -Wun-dar

P.S. If anyone at matty wants to use that BG go for it!

MOTU Brick Builder Marwarscreator's Avatar
    I found out about the subscription 4 days after it closed... now my chances for a complete collection are slim to none

I'm happy with him. And I just may have gotten in my 2010 subscription with that little glitch in the system. So....if that's the case then I HOPE I get him! When I called CS not that long ago...they said the subscription was valid.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Quote Originally Posted by The Sorcerer View Post
    I'm with you VoGS! Too many haters! Yeah he's a re-paint, and yes there are charaters they could do.. and the will! Wun-dar is one that really shows how much Matty is commited to giving fans the unexpected and entertaining.

Honest I can't wait to see the BG on him! I imagine something like: Eternia is free from evil... King Randor is ready to step aside and let Adam rule, but before before that Zodac appears and offers to He-Man a chance to join the cosmic defenders and do good now across the universe. He gives up he identy as Adam... let's Adora, who has defeated Hordak, rule as Queen, and gose off to become Wun-dar! As a last gesture he makes a loaf of his "famous spice bread" ****THAT'S FROM THE MOVIE! LET'S NOT FORGET HE-MAN AND BREAD GOTTA THING GOING!*****

I just mean, let's have some fun with it! I can't wait!

"I HAVE... ....THE FLOUR!!"
    -Wun-dar

P.S. If anyone at matty wants to use that BG go for it!

That's a very good take on Wundar. Still . . . though, I'll probably sell him @ cost to anyone or my buddy who is obsessed with He-man, and needs several Wundar figures but only purchased 1 subscription.

Heroic Warrior
    You definately dont get this attitude on star wars forums about whos a true fan and whos not, just because they have different styles of the way they collect

Quote Originally Posted by Marwarscreator View Post
    I found out about the subscription 4 days after it closed... now my chances for a complete collection are slim to none
    Same here. I'm pretty upset Wun-Dar is exclusive. Hopefully I can work a deal with an Orger that doesn't want the figure.
    You may have defeated us, but you'll never see this child again!

Priest to Divine Teela'na Necrono's Avatar
    If I knew every figure that was coming out in the subscription, I would likely jump on the subscription like mad because I LOVE that Wun-dar is being released. I think he has to be one of the silliest yet coolest figures ever (Kind of like Dan from Street Fighter). I totally accept his inclusion in this line, and will likely get him via Ebay. I want this figure!

I'm glad wunder bra He-Man is the bonus figure, when i look at a pic of him it reminds me of all those crappy MOTU knock offs from the 80's. And the figures seem to be lasting alot longer on matty.com so there's really no need for the subscription. I can't wait for Keldor ... now there's a real figure!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoblinder2 View Post
    2) Why would anyone go to eBay for figures? I've offered figures at COST for the past 4 Figures, and will keep doing it.

Its nice to see the Sub buyer is a bigger fan than the person that makes arrangements to buy each toy on the given day, and will buy other Matty Products in a single order to cut down on their impact on the Earth.

I find it funny that you would criticize those who subscribe and will have to buy other items (like MOTUC Bonus figures, other lines offered on Matty Collector, etc) for their "impact" on the environment, but you seem to have no concern over the materials being wasted and impact on the enviroment by you buying these figures from Mattel in bulk and then REshipping them individually to others who buy them from you.

Even though the shipment from Mattel may be a combined shipment of all of the figures you are ordering (the ones for yourself + the ones that you sell to others at cost), it still results in a bigger box with extra packing material being used to get these to you. Then you still have to rebox them and ship them off to the individuals who buy them from you.

Don't get me wrong, in many ways I think it's nice that you are helping out fellow fans who may not be able to be on the computer when these go on sale and would miss out by selling the figures to them at cost. That's actually great for the fan community and I give you kudos for that.

However, at the end of the day, it would have less of an impact on the environment if you didn't do this and the figures just all shipped straight from Mattel to whomever happens to be fortunate enough to be online at the right time to get their order placed. So, with all due respect, you are kind of being hypocritical here, because if you were really THAT concerned over the environmental impact first and foremost as you seem to be implying, you wouldn't be doing what you are doing.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"