Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Clawdeen discussion

Hybrid View

MOTUC Clawdeen discussion

Now that we have seen Battle Cat...

We know Panthor will be coming soon, and probably flocked, if SDCC09 is any indication.

What do you think are the chances we'd get a Clawdeen based on BC?

Also, do you think BC will be used as "parts" for Grayskull's Lion beast?

Edit: Would you like to see Catra's animal version based off BC as well?
    Last edited by Novelty; July 25, 2009 at 02:01pm. Reason: Adding question
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

I'd say the chances are pretty good. Clawdeen could even be the subscription exclusive for 2011.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I'd be quite happy with a Battle Cat buck Clawdeen with new head and armour sculpt. I expect this as a matter of fact, and have no doubt we'll get this very thing.

I believe our Battle Lion will be a battle cat buck if we ever get one. Not sure how I feel about this because I actually have little intrest in battle lion.

I sincerely hope that if they ever do a Catra in catform, (which i rather doubt actually, though I definately want her) that she will be a new slimmer, smaller sculpt.

As a matter of fact if they do Catra Catform, I believe it would be confirmed if they make a Cringer. If the Cringer is smaller than battlecat as he should be.

Then repurpose it as Catra Catform. This fits nicely with their parts reuse.

I hope this happens.

That looks like a pink nightmare...

Seriously, that'll be haunting my dreams in the future.

if i get this due to it being the sub, i have no doubt it'll just sit in the box on my shelf.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldorwasframed View Post
    I'll answer your challenge! There is no way the MOTUC Clawdeen will have rooted hair!
    Correct!

Unfortunately, because you took so long the prize had expired, but thanks for playing!

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I'd be quite happy with a Battle Cat buck Clawdeen with new head and armour sculpt. I expect this as a matter of fact, and have no doubt we'll get this very thing.
    What's interesting is what TG had to say when asked about Clawdeen on MC form recently

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...5/m/8361048776
    Q> Is clawdeen going to have a mane like the original toy or sculpted to look more like a female cat? was that even supposed to be a mane anyway or more like a furry headdress that is removable?

Hard to say as we have not begun development on Clawdeen at this time. What do you fans think and if and when we get to a Clawdeen how would you want her developed?
    I think it'd look a LOT better if she was sculpted to look like a lioness than a lion. One animal-themed crossdresser is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    As a matter of fact if they do Catra Catform, I believe it would be confirmed if they make a Cringer. If the Cringer is smaller than battlecat as he should be.

Then repurpose it as Catra Catform. This fits nicely with their parts reuse.

I hope this happens.
    Magic 8-ball says...

Quote Originally Posted by Motucportal.com Feb 2011 Q&A View Post
    4. If the Cat form of Catra were to ever be released - would we be looking at something like a re-use of the Battle Cat sculpt or would it be a much smaller, new sculpt?

Likely it would be more of a Cringer size, not Battlecat. We don’t have plans right now for Catra’s Cat form. Maybe one day, as we do know there is a lot of fan demand!
    ..."Signs point to yes".

One thing that would be great is that When Clawdeen gets made they pack her with the the cat form of Catra, It would only make sense in that this is her steed and I dont see another opportunity where they could pack catras panthor form in. They could just resue the cringer buck with new head and repaint. In regards to Clawdeens bio, one of them refered to her being an alien being which guided Catra and taught her alot of her abilities, I wonder if they will bring that up. Anyway I'm excited to see the beast come to fruition.

I just think that Catra's panther-form should be more articulated; she's too dynamic of a character (especially in that form) to use the Cringer body. Of course, I wouldn't mind an articulated Catra cat body being used for a Cringer 2.0!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I'd like to see Clawdeen come from the same mold, that way all the cats match!

I also wouldn't mind if Clawdeen was white; i know it may be a controversial color change, but a white Clawdeen with appropriate color mount would look good against swift wind IMO.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    I'd like to see Clawdeen come from the same mold, that way all the cats match!

I also wouldn't mind if Clawdeen was white; i know it may be a controversial color change, but a white Clawdeen with appropriate color mount would look good against swift wind IMO.
    She/he wouldn't be Clawdeen unless it was pink. There's another white cat they could do using the Panthor mold anyway - Illumina's from the 200X comic.

What if Clawdeen's mane wasn't really, but a wig she wore?
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    What if Clawdeen's mane wasn't really, but a wig she wore?
    LOL

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

You are the best, Tallstar!!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    She/he wouldn't be Clawdeen unless it was pink. There's another white cat they could do using the Panthor mold anyway - Illumina's from the 200X comic.
    I was just gonna make that point when I read this!

5 cats from one mould would be great business for Mattel. And of couse, you can't have Battle Lion without a Grayskull re-release (BC comes out a month after BA He-Man and 3 months after the regular re-release), Illuminas cat without Illumina or Clawdeen without Catra
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Clawdeen is one I could do without personally.

I would still buy one for my daughter but I cringe when I think of having a "pink" tiger in my display case.

I dare say I think I may stereotype myself as a bit too "He-Man" in that regard (sprinkle me with a bit of redundancy and a tad of hypocracy )

BARK! BARK! FART! <<< that's me trying to be all jocky and manly!
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

My DeviantART

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin View Post
    Clawdeen is one I could do without personally.

I would still buy one for my daughter but I cringe when I think of having a "pink" tiger in my display case.

I dare say I think I may stereotype myself as a bit too "He-Man" in that regard (sprinkle me with a bit of redundancy and a tad of hypocracy )

BARK! BARK! FART! <<< that's me trying to be all jocky and manly!
    Don't worry about it, i had just posted my preference for a white clawdeen; pink is just such a bizzare color for a Lion/Lioness; and i'm all "She-Ra".
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

I'd like it more if they at least shrunk the mold by 15% to make Clawdeen different than the other two. I'd certainly like a pink cat to go with my purple and green cats. No offense to those of you who don't like the idea of a pink one.

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    Don't worry about it, i had just posted my preference for a white clawdeen; pink is just such a bizzare color for a Lion/Lioness; and i'm all "She-Ra".
    Personally I think Clawdeen was pink simply because it was a girlie color and little girls were She-Ra's target audience...I know I've said this before in another thread about Clawdeen and I know that on Etheria there's nothing that says that lionesses a) can't be pink & b) can't have manes like lions on Earth but I still can't get my head around the lioness having a mane. And, please if there is going to be a Clawdeen I hope it doesn't have a Shirley Temple hairdo...lol

I mean this just doesn't scream wicked or evil to me

At least in the Filmation cartoon Clawdeen didn't look like cotton candy.

She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

Well, Mattel was the one that brought up Clawdeen in one of the monthly question and answer sessions and said Clawdeen would utilize the same body as Battle-Cat. I say bring her on! I don't mind her having a mane. And I'm really interested to see what the 4 Horsemen would do with her and the saddle. I imagine the mane would be an added sculpted piece. I'm also curious to see what they would do with the saddle.

Panthor had the same saddle as Battl-Cay, but Clawdeen was different. I'd also like to see Clawdeen flocked. However, I don't think that using this body would be appropriate for Catra's cat form. It's too big. I would prefer Catra's cat form to use a smaller cat body - like possibly one that would be designed for Cringer.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I think some of you guys are forgetting that we're not even sure WHAT type of Sex Clawdeen is!

He/She has been described ( and depicted in features) as both male or female in different canons. I suppose a weird/cool thing would be if it's both! That Clawdeen is a creature alien to Etheria, ( like in some of the comics) which can chose to be either male or female whenever it wishes.

Extra head and removable mane, folks!

If we are getting a lot of she-ra figures, might as well have a clawdeen as well
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin View Post
    BARK! BARK! FART![/SIZE]
    Somehow, it doesn't surprise me that another Canadian brought up farts.
    Does Galactus fart?

Court Magician
    [QUOTE=Novelty;2158315]Now that we have seen Battle Cat...

We know Panthor will be coming soon, and probably flocked, if SDCC09 is any indication.

What do you think are the chances we'd get a Clawdeen based on BC?

Also, do you think BC will be used as "parts" for Grayskull's Lion beast?

Edit: Would you like to see Catra's animal version based off BC as well?[/QUOTE

A pink Lion might be interesting if it looks very Lion like!! I wouldnt mind it at all. I would also love to have a transformed Catra in dark purlple like Panthor!!

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    I am hoping that they drop the pink color. Now a blood red lion I can handle. In fact our downstairs bathroom was painted pink by the previous owners. We just repainted it today in a forest green. It looks so much better now and feels solid compared to the pink that was there prior. I just really don't like the color pink. It never appealed to me at all and I don't think it ever will.

Oh lose the bow in the mane as well. No fighting lion should be wearing a pretty bow.The last lion that wore a bow lived in OZ and he was known as a coward
    Last edited by Hordak; October 20, 2010 at 07:09pm.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    Oh lose the bow in the mane as well. No fighting lion should be wearing a pretty bow.The last lion that wore a bow lived in OZ and he was known as a coward
    Now, he was just confusing courage with wisdom. And in a similar vein, remember that Shaggy and Scooby are the smartest members of Mystery, Inc; they want to run away from the ghosts.

As for Clawdeen being pink, not much way of avoiding that altogether (you don't have an alternate color established for the character as you did with Swifty), but I do think a more muted tone would be good. And if I have a snarling, ferocious lioness after me, I don't think I'm going to run any slower simply because it's pink.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman