Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Clawdeen discussion

MOTUC Clawdeen discussion

Now that we have seen Battle Cat...

We know Panthor will be coming soon, and probably flocked, if SDCC09 is any indication.

What do you think are the chances we'd get a Clawdeen based on BC?

Also, do you think BC will be used as "parts" for Grayskull's Lion beast?

Edit: Would you like to see Catra's animal version based off BC as well?
    Last edited by Novelty; July 25, 2009 at 01:01pm. Reason: Adding question
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

I'd say the chances are pretty good. Clawdeen could even be the subscription exclusive for 2011.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I'd like to see Clawdeen come from the same mold, that way all the cats match!

I also wouldn't mind if Clawdeen was white; i know it may be a controversial color change, but a white Clawdeen with appropriate color mount would look good against swift wind IMO.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

Clawdeen is one I could do without personally.

I would still buy one for my daughter but I cringe when I think of having a "pink" tiger in my display case.

I dare say I think I may stereotype myself as a bit too "He-Man" in that regard (sprinkle me with a bit of redundancy and a tad of hypocracy )

BARK! BARK! FART! <<< that's me trying to be all jocky and manly!
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

My DeviantART

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin View Post
    Clawdeen is one I could do without personally.

I would still buy one for my daughter but I cringe when I think of having a "pink" tiger in my display case.

I dare say I think I may stereotype myself as a bit too "He-Man" in that regard (sprinkle me with a bit of redundancy and a tad of hypocracy )

BARK! BARK! FART! <<< that's me trying to be all jocky and manly!
    Don't worry about it, i had just posted my preference for a white clawdeen; pink is just such a bizzare color for a Lion/Lioness; and i'm all "She-Ra".
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

I'd like it more if they at least shrunk the mold by 15% to make Clawdeen different than the other two. I'd certainly like a pink cat to go with my purple and green cats. No offense to those of you who don't like the idea of a pink one.

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    Don't worry about it, i had just posted my preference for a white clawdeen; pink is just such a bizzare color for a Lion/Lioness; and i'm all "She-Ra".
    Personally I think Clawdeen was pink simply because it was a girlie color and little girls were She-Ra's target audience...I know I've said this before in another thread about Clawdeen and I know that on Etheria there's nothing that says that lionesses a) can't be pink & b) can't have manes like lions on Earth but I still can't get my head around the lioness having a mane. And, please if there is going to be a Clawdeen I hope it doesn't have a Shirley Temple hairdo...lol

I mean this just doesn't scream wicked or evil to me

At least in the Filmation cartoon Clawdeen didn't look like cotton candy.

She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

Well, Mattel was the one that brought up Clawdeen in one of the monthly question and answer sessions and said Clawdeen would utilize the same body as Battle-Cat. I say bring her on! I don't mind her having a mane. And I'm really interested to see what the 4 Horsemen would do with her and the saddle. I imagine the mane would be an added sculpted piece. I'm also curious to see what they would do with the saddle.

Panthor had the same saddle as Battl-Cay, but Clawdeen was different. I'd also like to see Clawdeen flocked. However, I don't think that using this body would be appropriate for Catra's cat form. It's too big. I would prefer Catra's cat form to use a smaller cat body - like possibly one that would be designed for Cringer.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I think some of you guys are forgetting that we're not even sure WHAT type of Sex Clawdeen is!

He/She has been described ( and depicted in features) as both male or female in different canons. I suppose a weird/cool thing would be if it's both! That Clawdeen is a creature alien to Etheria, ( like in some of the comics) which can chose to be either male or female whenever it wishes.

Extra head and removable mane, folks!

If we are getting a lot of she-ra figures, might as well have a clawdeen as well
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Bring her in: flocked & pink!

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    I think some of you guys are forgetting that we're not even sure WHAT type of Sex Clawdeen is!

He/She has been described ( and depicted in features) as both male or female in different canons. I suppose a weird/cool thing would be if it's both! That Clawdeen is a creature alien to Etheria, ( like in some of the comics) which can chose to be either male or female whenever it wishes.

Extra head and removable mane, folks!
    Now, yours is an idea I can live with...
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

Heroic Warrior
    Depending on just how the 4H version looks, this may just be a cat too far for me. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be made, but if its hot pink and frilly looking, then right now I just can't see it fitting in well into my own personal collection. And so far I'm up for everything thats either been done or shown.

In fact its going to be very interesting indeed to see how the 4H handle the P.o.P. stuff in general, for their new transitional roles into this classics line. Will they continue to surprise like they did (me at least) with Adora, who I think looks fantastic by the way, or will they remain beholden to the frankly very girlified designs of the majority of the original P.o.P. toys? It is going to be quite interesting to see how these pieces roll out, and how the post She-Ra choices are recieved by both the hardcore P.o.P. fans (of which personally I'm not), and just by the more general fans of MOTU and the Classics line itself. Still, if anyone can pull it off I guess it'd be the 4H... We shall see.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few serious departures from some of the old POP figures.

I mean...for example Angela. See looks un-finshed to me. I just see a goddess queen with magic and a sweeping wing span needs a little more in the line of armor or a sword.

The 80's figure just seems to be wearing spandex or something. I love the characters, but there is more than can be done with the figures, I'm sure of it.

I am kind of liking Predabot's idea though. A alien cat would make more sense in some ways. I'll buy Clawdeen no matter what though. I only learned about this peice about 6 years ago and I remember being really happy to find out there was another cat. I went straight on eBay and got one.

I'll take one in my MOTUC collection happily. A color change is fine by me though. Something to help it fit in a little better. Just an explanitory bio though would be enough for me to accept it in any form.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Clawdeen just wouldn't be Clawdeen unless she was pink! I always saw Clawdeen as an evil Pink Panther anyways. I hope she looks exactly like Panthor, except pink flocking instead of purple, and a silver saddle instead of green. She can go maneless this time, though. Lionesses should not have manes! Catra NEEDS a beast to ride on, and I always liked the cats MORE than the horses. When I was a kid I thought that She-Ra should have had a white male lion mount named Lionel.

As far as her color goes, I think it depends on Catra. I personally would rather Catra be the red/purple version from Filmation rather than the pink/silver version from the Mattel line. Even if her design is closer to the 80s Mattel figure, I'd still rather her color scheme be red/purple. It seemed to fit more with the Evil Horde. With that in mind, Clawdeen could end up being red instead of pink..? Or more in line with Catra's catform. When I was a kid, I often pretended Clawdeen was Catra's catform anyway (instead of a separate character). Regardless of what they do with Clawdeen, wouldn't it be cool if Catra came as a 2-pack with her catform too?

I'd like Clawdeen to use the same mold as The Big B.C. look really savage. Have a lion like mane & be pink. Of course painted to look good with our MOTUC Catra.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    I like the idea of a white Clawdeen. As for the sex, the name Clawdeen sounds very feminine to me, would make more sense, especially with the mane.

However if its decided that it is a she, I'd like a different cat sculpt. Make her more lithe, less musculor... thinner.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    I'd like to see Clawdeen come from the same mold, that way all the cats match!

I also wouldn't mind if Clawdeen was white; i know it may be a controversial color change, but a white Clawdeen with appropriate color mount would look good against swift wind IMO.
    She/he wouldn't be Clawdeen unless it was pink. There's another white cat they could do using the Panthor mold anyway - Illumina's from the 200X comic.

What if Clawdeen's mane wasn't really, but a wig she wore?
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    She/he wouldn't be Clawdeen unless it was pink. There's another white cat they could do using the Panthor mold anyway - Illumina's from the 200X comic.
    I was just gonna make that point when I read this!

5 cats from one mould would be great business for Mattel. And of couse, you can't have Battle Lion without a Grayskull re-release (BC comes out a month after BA He-Man and 3 months after the regular re-release), Illuminas cat without Illumina or Clawdeen without Catra
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    What if Clawdeen's mane wasn't really, but a wig she wore?
    LOL

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

You are the best, Tallstar!!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

don't like clawdeen at all... I mean... catra is a cat already and she already transforms into a cat when she wants to or when she really gets pi**ed... so what's the deal about a cat riding a bigger cat?!?!

Ohh.... wait a minute.... I might be getting it now...

why those dirty...

ok then... I want a clawdeen now too

Heroic Warrior
    Reading the cats thread and watching some timely horror movies (in the spirit of Halloween) one thing about Clawdeen I realized I love is that her look is totally contrary to her alignment. She looks sweet, pink, frilly, harmless, ridiculous even....until she savagely rips you to shreds splashing blood all over and devouring your remains. She's evil, on some level part of the Horde, and a freaking lion so savagery is in her nature even. And really, what better way to get close to her prey than convince them she's harmless until it's too late? Pretty humiliating way to die too. I am now a fan, she has replaced Panthor as my favorite cat in the mythos.