Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOTUC Clawdeen discussion

if i get this due to it being the sub, i have no doubt it'll just sit in the box on my shelf.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    Oh lose the bow in the mane as well. No fighting lion should be wearing a pretty bow.The last lion that wore a bow lived in OZ and he was known as a coward
    Now, he was just confusing courage with wisdom. And in a similar vein, remember that Shaggy and Scooby are the smartest members of Mystery, Inc; they want to run away from the ghosts.

As for Clawdeen being pink, not much way of avoiding that altogether (you don't have an alternate color established for the character as you did with Swifty), but I do think a more muted tone would be good. And if I have a snarling, ferocious lioness after me, I don't think I'm going to run any slower simply because it's pink.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldorwasframed View Post
    I'll answer your challenge! There is no way the MOTUC Clawdeen will have rooted hair!
    Correct!

Unfortunately, because you took so long the prize had expired, but thanks for playing!

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I'd be quite happy with a Battle Cat buck Clawdeen with new head and armour sculpt. I expect this as a matter of fact, and have no doubt we'll get this very thing.
    What's interesting is what TG had to say when asked about Clawdeen on MC form recently

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...5/m/8361048776
    Q> Is clawdeen going to have a mane like the original toy or sculpted to look more like a female cat? was that even supposed to be a mane anyway or more like a furry headdress that is removable?

Hard to say as we have not begun development on Clawdeen at this time. What do you fans think and if and when we get to a Clawdeen how would you want her developed?
    I think it'd look a LOT better if she was sculpted to look like a lioness than a lion. One animal-themed crossdresser is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    As a matter of fact if they do Catra Catform, I believe it would be confirmed if they make a Cringer. If the Cringer is smaller than battlecat as he should be.

Then repurpose it as Catra Catform. This fits nicely with their parts reuse.

I hope this happens.
    Magic 8-ball says...

Quote Originally Posted by Motucportal.com Feb 2011 Q&A View Post
    4. If the Cat form of Catra were to ever be released - would we be looking at something like a re-use of the Battle Cat sculpt or would it be a much smaller, new sculpt?

Likely it would be more of a Cringer size, not Battlecat. We don’t have plans right now for Catra’s Cat form. Maybe one day, as we do know there is a lot of fan demand!
    ..."Signs point to yes".

One thing that would be great is that When Clawdeen gets made they pack her with the the cat form of Catra, It would only make sense in that this is her steed and I dont see another opportunity where they could pack catras panthor form in. They could just resue the cringer buck with new head and repaint. In regards to Clawdeens bio, one of them refered to her being an alien being which guided Catra and taught her alot of her abilities, I wonder if they will bring that up. Anyway I'm excited to see the beast come to fruition.

I just think that Catra's panther-form should be more articulated; she's too dynamic of a character (especially in that form) to use the Cringer body. Of course, I wouldn't mind an articulated Catra cat body being used for a Cringer 2.0!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    I think it would be awesome if Clawdeen came with Catra in "catform" packaged at the bottom
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Something like this picture I found would be much better:

http://www.jasonbot.com/bootlegsketc...lawdiusweb.jpg
    i want that so bad! and he would be a good repaint for Battle Lion

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post

As for Clawdeen being pink, not much way of avoiding that altogether (you don't have an alternate color established for the character as you did with Swifty
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post

I think it'd look a LOT better if she was sculpted to look like a lioness than a lion.

Actually, the prototype Clawdeen was more reddish-purple as seen in the UK Ladybird book "Spirit is kidnapped" where Clawdeen looks very similar to Panthor with her color and lack of mane more like a lioness.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Im sure that this has been covered but Clawdeen might have copyright issue, a Monster high doll. Does anyone know if Mattel or Hasbro makes these dolls.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Im sure that this has been covered but Clawdeen might have copyright issue, a Monster high doll. Does anyone know if Mattel or Hasbro makes these dolls.
    http://images4.fanpop.com/image/phot...24-500-500.jpg
    I believe it's Mattel's property, so there should be no issue (and likely why they used the name Clawdeen for the Monster High Doll). I'd love for a MOTUC version of Clawdeen!

Mattel makes them, and can use Clawdeen across any of their own brands.

Catra needs her companion. I am eagerly awaiting her inclusion!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Catra needs her companion. I am eagerly awaiting her inclusion!
    I agree, me too.

I'm kind of torn. At one hand, Clawdeen is a great classic figure. On the other, I feel it makes more sense to make Catra's masked panther form. Could we get both?

I think Clawdeen could be pink without being sparkly pink. I wonder if a sort of violent Fuchsia color could convey Clawdeen's more sinister side ,which may not be pure evil, but the kind of violence that a feline is no stranger to. I mean, Cat's are murderers. I say that as a person that likes cats.

I think the biggest concern I have with Clawdeen is how she matches up with Catra. Will Clawdeen's harness / saddle favor the Silver armor or the Red outfit?

If there is a Cat form Catra, there should be some noticeable repetition and variation between Clawdeen and Cat form Catra. The color silver, the red, and pink need to lend and contribute to each other. We basically know what cat form Catra would translate into. I would hope that Clawdeen's color palette is drawn from these sources so that they all work well together.

With Battle Lion on the way, Clawdeen fans can at least repaint it....I think we really need to focus on asking for Cards in Panther Form.

Speaking of which...there was an entire thread devoted to that subject here on this board...where did it go????

Shezar-Illumina-Crita fan The All American's Avatar
    Throwing in my support for a Clawdeen. Might as well utilize that Battle Lion buck. We already got a pink bunny, why not a ferocious cat?

Plus she's vintage POP, a must!

Heroic Warrior
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I would have thought that matty would have tried to bring this kitty to the light. I feel she was an original she is a hands down must.
    My wants:Evil Seed, Calix, Hungra,Sneer, Veena, Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    Hoping the last quarter beast is Clawdeen over Arrow or Enarrow or whatever they are calling Bow's steed. While I would like ALL the POP horses, Clawdeen would be a welcomed mount for evil. New saddle with Horde logo, skip the ribbon and eyelashes, and coloured more towards Plundor than original toy. For one, I would take a straight up repaint of Battle Lion. Just make this happen already and show some love to the Great Rebellion.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by True Form View Post
    Hoping the last quarter beast is Clawdeen over Arrow or Enarrow or whatever they are calling Bow's steed.
    I agree. I would much prefer to see a steed for Catra, who is She-Ra's arch nemesis, whether it is Clawdeen OR Storm over a steed for She-Ra's side-kick.

I think it's important for the "leaders" of each faction to have a steed and Catra was the default leader of The Evil Horde (or at least She-Ra's "enemies") in some of the non-Filmation media. Also, Clawdeen or Storm are far more cost-effective to produce than the Mantisaur since the "bucks" for a cat and horse already exist.

And since Catra is all about cats, for me, it makes more sense for her to ride a giant lion into battle as opposed to a pegasus. As others have said, using the Battle-Cat buck and even the Battle-Lion head and mane with some new, Horde-appropriate armour, etc and Clawdeen would be a formidable looking beast to assist The Evil Horde.