Thread: 6 new figures already, AWESOME!!!!!!!

6 new figures already, AWESOME!!!!!!!

We got King Grayskull to start the whole line off so thats 1. The second new figure is He-Ro so thats 2. The Thrid will be the Green Goddess. Forth is Adora. And the 5th is Kronis. And then some say he is a new figure and some say hes not but for this thread we will put him as a new figure Wun-Dar.

They said that there will be new figures that were never made before but they are really coming thru with there word on this. Keep them coming......
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

They also announced there will be brand new original characters in MOTUC

Yes! I'm extremely pleased with the lineup they've put together over the next several months! I know it'll keep me happy!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Really thats cool

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

I agree it is AWESOME!

Now if we could only be rid of the RSOD all would be right on Eternia.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Man, cant wait to see the never before seen original characters. These should be pretty cool.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    When was this announced? I missed that one completely.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I had no idea about that. This should be very interesting. Did they give any details about the characters or when to expect them?

maybe Demo-man is one of those new original characters, im really curious about that character.

i'd say wun-dar counts as a new character.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by mistaloko View Post
    maybe Demo-man is one of those new original characters, im really curious about that character.
    Isn't Demo man Skeley?????

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    Isn't Demo man Skeley?????

According to Skeletor bio, Demo-Man is an extra-dimensional being from Despondos who was merged with Keldor.

"Mortally wounded in battle with his half-brother Captain Randor™, Keldor™ turned to his dark-arts master Hordak™ to save his life. Merging Keldor™ with the extra-dimensional being Demo-Man™ from Despondos™, Keldor™ was forever changed into Skeletor®, Overlord of Evil™! He gathered together the greatest outcasts and evil warriors of Eternia® in his quest to gain entry into Castle Grayskull™ and obtain what he believes is the universe’s ultimate power source."

The concept art, identified in the Art of MOTU book as Demo-Man, has appeared on the forums already. It's the one that looks like a green cross between Skeletor and Beastman. I know it's here somewhere, if someone remembers it from my description.

We got King Grayskull to start the whole line off so thats 1. The second new figure is He-Ro so thats 2. The Thrid will be the Green Goddess. Forth is Adora. And the 5th is Kronis. And then some say he is a new figure and some say hes not but for this thread we will put him as a new figure Wun-Dar.

They said that there will be new figures that were never made before but they are really coming thru with there word on this. Keep them coming......
    For Wun-Dar I`d replace the word "new" with "finally official"

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    The concept art, identified in the Art of MOTU book as Demo-Man, has appeared on the forums already. It's the one that looks like a green cross between Skeletor and Beastman. I know it's here somewhere, if someone remembers it from my description.

I don´t remember seeing him, now im even more curious knowing there is a pic of him somewhere in the forums.

I would love to see a Queen Marlena made soon! Perhaps Lizard Man will make an appearance.

I love that we are getting some new, never before made characters.. but it there are still a ton of other characters from the orginal to be made. They haven't even started on the Snake Men yet!

I am happy though that the line is doing this well that they are getting more creative!

I love that there have been so many new characters already.

The other ones I'd like to see in the near future are:-
    Marzo
    Marlena
    Geldor
    Illumina
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

This makes me VERY excited.

Heroic Warrior
    I've gotta say, I think that the fact that they are bringing new figures into the line so early is a very good sign of just how confident they are about the brand and the future of this classics line right now, and thats nothing but a good thing in my opinion.

Really thats cool
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    When was this announced? I missed that one completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaniac View Post
    I had no idea about that. This should be very interesting. Did they give any details about the characters or when to expect them?
    Damn, now I have to go look for where it was said. This could take a while

EDIT: Found it here on TNI

We are bringing you live coverage of the Mattel Mattypalooza panel here at the 2009 San Diego Comic-Con.

Are you a Mattel Matty Collector? Last year at Comic-Con Matty Mattel announced a new website to sell collector toys straight to fans around the world. This year find out the latest information on your favorite Masters of the Universe Classic, Ghostbusters, DC Universe, and other exciting MattyCollector.com exclusive product for 2009 and beyond! Panel includes an insightful Q&A with Mattel toy designers Bill Benecke and Terry Higuchi, as well as Mattel marketing brand Manager Scott Neitlich (AKA "Toy Guru") and special guests The Four Horsemen. As an extra bonus, Matty, the original Mattel Toy Guru, may even make an appearance to reveal a major announcement about a new line available nowhere else!

We will be posting updates from the panel as they happen over the course of the next hour, so be sure to refresh your browser on a regular basis. Often with these panels the information comes fast so we apologize now for any typos or miss-spellings of names that might come about during this live coverage. We will try and go back later and edit any such mistakes but want to get you the information as quickly as possible.

Available on Mattycollector.com are DC Universe, Avitar, Master of the Universe, Ghosts Busters and maybe some new lines later this year.

Bank Robber Joker, Prototypesuit Batman, Harvey Dent, Jail House Joker, Arkham Asylum Scarecrow, Solarized Batman, and Two Face will all be coming up in the 6 inch Batman Movie Masters line.

JLU Unlimited will also be available on Mattycollector, but the length of the line depends on fan interest.

DCU Classics are and will continue to be available on Matty. International shipping is available.

The World's Greatest Superhero line is also coming up. This is a recreation of the classic Mego figures from the 70's.

Matty will be carrying 12 inch Movie Masters, a new figure each quarter. Zod is up first.

Master of the Universe!
    Battle stands are coming the Spring. There will be a new figure every month. With a subscription you are guaranteed to get every regular figure. There are also bonus figures that will be available from time to time but those are not included in the sbuscription.

With your subscription to Club Eternia, a $20 price, you get a special bonus figure only available to club members, as well as a specially designed map of Eternia.

Webster will be available in September. Teela is next in October. She comes with a swappable head and several accessories.

There will be a bonus figure in October - Zodak - an all new redeco, not available with the subscription.

In Novemeber - Scareglow! He glows in the dark!

For December - King Randor. Plus a bonus figure - Green Goddess, for the first time in plastic! She has a shield and staff.

January - Adora, the princess. This will the first Club Eternia subscription figure.

In January there will be bonus - removable chest armor Battle Damaged He-Man. His chest place rotates for increased damage.

February - Trapjaw! He has a bonus head and a bonus, regular arm.

February also has a bonus, large scale figure - Battlecat. He-Man, sold seperately, fits perfectly on him. His sword fits in the saddle.

March - Moss Man. He's fuzzy! He's flocked!

The bonus figure only avaialble to subscribers to Club Eternia - Wun-Dar! He will ship before March, 2010, with the map.

Ghostbusters

There will be a new figure every other month or so. Egon is up first, available on Matty in August.

In October is Ray, with the logo cost with slash circle.

In December, with ghost trap, is Winston Zedmore.

In March, 2010, Walter Peck, in a crispy update suit. He comes with ghost containment unit.

In May - Bill Murray! Peter Venkman! The final version of the figure will be wearing gloves and have pants over the boots.

In addition to the planned 6 inch line above, there will be a 12 inch Movie Masters line on Matty. Egon available later this year. Ray around the new year. Venkman will be available in April. In July is Winston.

If you want two of each figure, you will need two subscriptions and have to get the bonus figures seperately. The subscription items will ship together, saving on subscription costs.

There are no plans for mini-comics at this time.

Mattel still does not have the rights to Filmation original creations like Shadow Weaver and Lizard Man, but they are working on it.

There are no plans for playsets at this time.

Orko is coming in 2010.

Matty's Facebook page will be updated regularly. There will also be news about the lines on Matty itself.

Matty is working on expanding their overseas shipping.

Toyguru has spoken to the Barbie division about a Teela or She-Ra Barbie, so that is a possibility for the future.

Mattel is considering an Echo-1, though it will be hard to price out. Mattel is working on a feasible, large scale Stuff Puff figure.

Matty does not have the rights to the 1987 He-Man movie yet, but they are working on it.

The MOTU line is doing very well and in the future there will be original characters.

Mattel may do Ghostbusters in a different scale that would let them do playsets. That may be more likely if the new film comes together.

Mattel is working on a redo of the Real Ghostbusters toy line.

Mattel does have the rights to do Wildor, so it's a possibility. Toyguru asked if the audience would like to see a Wildor/Orko 2-pack.

Repaints of MOTU will probably be done as bonus figures, so that subscribers don't get duplicates of figures they already have.

A script is in development for a new Masters of the Universe movie.

Mattel would like to get to Prince Adam, but there is no announcement today.
    to save everyone looking for it here is the announcement
    The MOTU line is doing very well and in the future there will be original characters.
    Last edited by TheFallen; July 26, 2009 at 09:13pm. Reason: added announcement

I can't complain. I feel that they started the subscription service right by making Adora the Jan figure

I don´t remember seeing him, now im even more curious knowing there is a pic of him somewhere in the forums.
    Go to the Mark Taylor gallery in the Concept Art at Grayskull Museum. The middle pic in the top row (labeled He-Man Sketchs Skeletor) with a viking/Conan looking He-Man has the design referenced as Demo-Man in the book. However, Toyguru said the book wasn't done by Mattel so possibly its captions aren't reliable as hints.

A big fan of Slush Head
    This is fantastic!
    I bet the 4H already have great concepts for future characters.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Go to the Mark Taylor gallery in the Concept Art at Grayskull Museum. The middle pic in the top row (labeled He-Man Sketchs Skeletor) with a viking/Conan looking He-Man has the design referenced as Demo-Man in the book. However, Toyguru said the book wasn't done by Mattel so possibly its captions aren't reliable as hints.

Thanks a lot Gbagok

I'm really loving all the new figures. I think it shows a confidence in the brand on Mattel's part that was sorely lacking in 200X, when they were convinced that every wave needed 1 or 2 He-man/Skeletor variants.