Thread: What if we did NOT make it? What if the 2014 subs did not meet the goal ?

What if we did NOT make it? What if the 2014 subs did not meet the goal ?

I hate to think negative but have any of you thought about what it would be like if the goal was not met for the 2014 subs. I'd imagine we'd receive a similar message from Matty like the following..............

" Hello fellow He-fans and She-ravers. Unfortunately , we do not have the power. MOTUC did not reach the goal for the 2014 subs blah blah blah,etc. "

But Thank God the subs will continue. It would have been like a nightmare to learn that the line would be discontinued without a lot of favorite characters not being made.

If that did happen however, I think the wise thing to do would be to start a petition for the line to continue. Someone would have to write a letter to Mattel and must get thousands of signatures to continue the line. The letter could go something like this........

" Dear Mattel . Even though MOTUC did not reach the goal for 2014, we the fans still want the line to continue. Blah Blah , etc. "

This was the first thing that came to my mind when the meter was only at like 72% by that Friday before the Monday deadline. But since we exceeded that goal by going 115%, it would be nice if Mattel could throw in some extra goodies for that accomplishment.

I and many others don't want to go through the same stress next year. The one thing that can save MOTUC is proper advertising.

Let all your friends know about MOTUC . Let your Facebook buddies, Twitter, etc. learn of MOTUC.

One reason an action figure line may struggle is because not many people know of it's existence.

If Mattel could make a MOTUC television commercial for an event like the Super Bowl, that would be nice. The product would reach millions of people instead of a few thousand, since almost the whole world watches the NFL Super Bowl .

However, this is almost an unrealistic dream of mine, because toy commercials for some reason do not make it to being advertised during Super Bowls.

Here's hoping for a successful 2015 subscription goal !!!
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mastersofeternia - MASTERS OF ETERNIA

HE-MAN CHARACTER PROFILE CLUB at-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HemanCharacterProfileClub

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    If Marvel were to bring back "What If....", we got a story for them.

I think we should all still celebrate that 2014 is a go. And save our energies for next summer's sub sale. I love MOTUC, and we're so close to having a finished collection, the thoughts of 2016 and beyond are exciting as bonuses to our collection. For now, let's just enjoy each month.

A Super Bowl commercial would cost as much as the entire budget for the line for multiple years.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Look at the DC and Ghostbusters forums and the Ask Matty questions. That would have been us...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I know where your comeing from its all a verry stressfull time for all of us.and it will be again next year I say lets not give give them an excuse and buy at least one or two subs. then pray tearfully for a whole year.that we make it again to enjoy more figures.

Try not to stress to much about it,but do agree that the MOTU concept and everything related should have a strong fan base to go on indefinatly. I for one am a lifer.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    To dwell on what could have been is the path to unhappiness. Dwell instead on the fact that we have another year of figures coming.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    So if guessing about what is coming is called 'speculation', is guessing about what might have been if it hadn't happened called 'anti-speculation'? Honestly it seems too much to be concerned about. Mattel wasn't going to end the line this year.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by christop View Post
    What if we did NOT make it? What if the 2014 subs did not meet the goal ?
    Then it would be a day like any other. When Earth's mightiest buyers came together and bought something else. And on that day, MOTUC was ended....
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Look at the DC and Ghostbusters forums and the Ask Matty questions. That would have been us...
    I really hope that we don't have to endure the thermometer conspiracy next year.

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I really hope that we don't have to endure the thermometer conspiracy next year.
    ...and if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their butts when they hop. More of the same in 11 months, I'm afraid. With just 115% this time, I'm hoping to be able to do the 100% last time. Every year it seems to be degrading for the percentage amount because of waning interest by casual fans who already have their "core" figures. I'm ready.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts.

I don't play the "WHAT IF" game. 2014 passed and in fact yet again it excceded the 100% minimum

This type of talk should be saved for 2015 when there will be another price increase. Right now 2014 is a go
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I don't play the "WHAT IF" game. 2014 passed and in fact yet again it excceded the 100% minimum

This type of talk should be saved for 2015 when there will be another price increase. Right now 2014 is a go
    Agreed let's celebrate the success and the upcoming new reveals we will be seeing in 16 days.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    Would've been Two Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post

This type of talk should be saved for 2015 when there will be another price increase.
    How do we know this will happen?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    How do we know this will happen?
    Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if memory serves I think Scott alluded to this possibility last year when he mentioned that the subholders would be locked in at the $25 price point for the next two years.

Regards,
    Victor P.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    If we didn't make it, then winged ninjas would take our souls to Despondos, for all eternity.
    Does Galactus fart?

Oh, we can all play this game.

What if some of the fans had not suggested subscription model to Mattel in the first place?

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    What if some of the fans had not suggested subscription model to Mattel in the first place?
    The line would have died years ago since we know Mattel invests so much into their website Dealing with the WSOD is a nightmare, and it was a huge inconvenience trying to fight it out, usually during working hours to get an order in.

The sub is a convenience thing (for the most part). And it guarantees more figures. And imagine the nightmares we'd have to deal with in 2014 if Two-Bad and Modulok were only day of, and at a higher price.

I will say, if there was no sub, I would have skipped out on a few of the line's stinkers like The Mighty Spector and Sir Laser Lot. But overall, I love it, because it's less stress trying to get the figures each month.

What if Pigs could Fly?
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

What's the point of a negatively themed hypothetical question. Why not celebrate our success rather than wonder about negative what ifs? I don't understand why everyone wants to worry and focus only on negativity and as if there's not enough problems lets create a hypothetical negative situation to focus on! Again what's the point?
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    What's the point of a negatively themed hypothetical question. Why not celebrate our success rather than wonder about negative what ifs? I don't understand why everyone wants to worry and focus only on negativity and as if there's not enough problems lets create a hypothetical negative situation to focus on! Again what's the point?
    Actually this thread is another way to be thankful that we DID survive 2014. The Ghostbusters without Ecto-1 is like He-Man without Battle Cat. We're NOT acting like the DCUC and Ghostbusters fans who are looking to blame Mattel, Digital River, Cherry Pickers, MOTUC or anyone that they can think of for why their subscription failed. We aren't waiting to see if any of those announced figures will ever see release or those fans who are trying to come up with alternate ways of saving their line.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I would probably try to finish up my loose & MOC vintage set. I have 80%-85% of both complete. But those last few MOC vintage figures will be $$$$. Never the less I'm very pleased 2014 is going through to finish up the vintage line. Come on LP He-Man & LL Skeletor.

Thanks to everyone for replying. I really like the reply about it would be Two-Bad instead of too bad. Very clever and funny at the same time.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mastersofeternia - MASTERS OF ETERNIA

HE-MAN CHARACTER PROFILE CLUB at-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HemanCharacterProfileClub

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Solstice-Moon View Post
    ...and if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their butts when they hop. More of the same in 11 months, I'm afraid. With just 115% this time, I'm hoping to be able to do the 100% last time. Every year it seems to be degrading for the percentage amount because of waning interest by casual fans who already have their "core" figures. I'm ready.
    Yup, and with a price increase, I honestly think there's a good chance we won't reach 100% next year.