Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Lego?

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I really love Legos and really, really love MOTUC. This would be better than Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and that is saying a whole heck of a lot!

I did a search and I saw where someone said they asked (I think in 2009) but never saw if they received an answer from Mattel. Does any one know if there has recently been anything officially announced by TG or Mattel regarding if a relationship between Mattel and Lego could be forged for MOTUC? I would think that there could be a definite possibility if there was a movie.
    There is definitely a market for MOTU lego! I myself, *might* purchase a few of the small-to-medium sets, but I would leave them MIB for display more than anything

Why not though? Could be seriously cool!

I'm open to the idea, but the thought of where to put them almost kills the idea for me. I'm pretty much out of space for these MOTU Classics as it is.
    But man, building Greyskull from scratch would be pretty sweet.

I loved Lego as a child but never liked it when they did Star Wars Lego or Harry Potter now etc. I prefer it as generic knights or space men etc. Doubt I would buy any MOTU Lego except maybe one for the novalty.

Court Magician
    London. Though my heart yearns for the dense woodlands of Southern England...
    I would buy the whole lot! I love lego, and am rather partial to the MOTUverse too!
    The problem is the same as NECA had with the 200X staction figures. Mattel may not be willing to share the profits. I know someone who works at lego, and he said (in regards to a construction line made by another company) that licences are offered to them all the time, and they turn a lot down. There have been some super awesome lego customs done, which I absolutely adore. I would be first in line to get a lego Greyskull. And Snake Mountain!
    Like a one man wolf pack!

MOTU Lego would be awesome. And it wouldn't go against Lego's policy of no war toys.

I was so disappointed when the Lego Batman line ended. With all the cool vehicles/playsets in MOTU there would plenty to choose from for Lego and at all the different price points they have, from small to large.

But more importantly, it could potentially give us a Lego MOTU video game.

Maybe Brett will pipe in on this thread?

Heroic Warrior
    While I think lego MOTU would be cool, I think it would be super expensive. I'd want a castle to be prettty big and that would probably hit at the same pricepoint as the star destroyers or Millenium Falcon, which is pretty steep for something at retail. I don't know that we have the fan base to support it at retail either.

Given the choice, I'd probably prefer to dump the $$ into an actual castle grayskull or
    snake mountain playset, even though I love my legos.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't really understand why people feel obliged to propose other versions and sizes for MOTUC (attitubes, 3" 1/4, lego etc.)...

Personally, I collect MOTUC because I like the size and chunkiness of the figures, and because they remind me of the great toys I played with when I was a kid.

So, Lego MOTUC ? Hum, sorry, but it's NO as far as I'm concerned !

I personally would not be interested in buying MOTU legos, but I'd love to see them made!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    While I think lego MOTU would be cool, I think it would be super expensive. I'd want a castle to be prettty big and that would probably hit at the same pricepoint as the star destroyers or Millenium Falcon, which is pretty steep for something at retail.
    Those Star Wars sets were several hundred dollars. I don't think a Castle Greyskull set would be that expensive. The size of it would be relative to the Lego figures of course and in the Lego castle lines the castles are typically $100.

I think a Castle Greyskull set would be really attractive to some adult Lego collectors who don't even care about MOTU simply for the parts. Dark green and sand green bricks are not nearly as common as other colors so this set would be a great way for them to get their hands on a lot of them.

lego motuc the video game!!! sign me up.

Heroic Podcaster
    I'd buy multiples of all the sets. Love Lego, love MOTU, instant yes for me.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Yea man I want this.

Heroic Warrior
    Lego and Masters? Top two toys ever. Combined they would rule the universe!
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I don't really understand why people feel obliged to propose other versions and sizes for MOTUC (attitubes, 3" 1/4, lego etc.)...

Personally, I collect MOTUC because I like the size and chunkiness of the figures, and because they remind me of the great toys I played with when I was a kid.

So, Lego MOTUC ? Hum, sorry, but it's NO as far as I'm concerned !
    This is how I feel. If I want Batman, I'll get proper Batman figures, same with MOTU etc. I'd be gutted if we got a motu video game and it was lego styled!

Being a huge Lego fan I would get a second job for MOTU Lego! Done right they would be cool enough for the general public like a Castle system spin off. Plus they would provide some new unique parts for the collector crowd. Anyone else buy lame Prince of Persia sets just for the camels and ostriches?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    MOTU Lego would be awesome. And it wouldn't go against Lego's policy of no war toys.
    What policy is that?

Lego has machine guns!

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    LEGO has (or at least did have) a policy of not making "war" based sets -- EG LEGO wouldn't make WWII set that pits a Sherman against a Panzer. Notably, this rule doesn't apply to science-fiction, fantasy, and historical (IE Pirates) themed sets.

It is curious, in the last year LEGO did the "Army Men" set under the Toy Story collection. The only thing that really stops this from being a proper WWII set is that the mini-fig heads were green instead of the usual yellow -- that and the rifles were green instead of brown.

The Indiana Jones sets certainly skirted edges of the rule, and LEGO's new Pharoh's Quest theme does the same. The FLYING MUMMY ATTACK set features an armed biplane -- the machine guns are made with a mini-figure sized gun that is very reminscient of a Thompson equipped with a drum magazine.

In any case, MOTU LEGO would easily fall into the science-fiction/fantasy exclusion.
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; February 28, 2011 at 01:41am.

I'd buy a well-made Lego Greyskull in a heartbeat. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    LEGO has (or at least did have) a policy of not making "war" based sets -- EG LEGO wouldn't make WWII set that pits a Sherman against a Panzer. Notably, this rule doesn't apply to science-fiction, fantasy, and historical (IE Pirates) themed sets.

It is curious, in the last year LEGO did the "Army Men" set under the Toy Story collection. The only thing that really stops this from being a proper WWII set is that the mini-fig heads were green instead of the usual yellow -- that and the rifles were green instead of brown.

The Indiana Jones sets certainly skirted edges of the rule, and LEGO's new Pharoh's Quest theme does the same. The FLYING MUMMY ATTACK set features an armed biplane -- the machine guns are made with a mini-figure sized gun that is very reminscient of a Thompson equipped with a drum magazine.

In any case, MOTU LEGO would easily fall into the science-fiction/fantasy exclusion.
    Wow didn't know that. That's interesting. So really they are against modern wars then. Knights,pirates and cowboys are OK cuz they were in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorgwen View Post
    Wow didn't know that. That's interesting. So really they are against modern wars then. Knights,pirates and cowboys are OK cuz they were in the past.
    i think they are against wars based on real wars.

the pirates, knights, and cowboys (don't remember that set) don't refer to any specific period of time.

they do have cops and robbers, but they don't refer to the war on drugs or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    i think they are against wars based on real wars.

the pirates, knights, and cowboys (don't remember that set) don't refer to any specific period of time.

they do have cops and robbers, but they don't refer to the war on drugs or anything like that.
    Oh yeah, they had a whole wild west theme with bandits a sherrif indians and even union soldiers. They came out in the mid 90's and lasted a couple years. They were pretty cool and had brand new revolvers and rifles.

Lego Catle Grayskull would pretty much be the most righteous toy ever.

I'm a LEGO buff (collector, designer and builder) for life and I own more sets, bricks and pieces than I can ever handle; literary, and seeing an official MOTU LEGO would be a surreal experience to say the least, however I don't think it will happen anytime soon simply because Mattel is logistically way too damn cheap to handle such a license with LEGO regarding the MOTU brand, not until some sort of media/film materializes first... Let's keep hoping for the best, shall we...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Speculaton about MOTU Lego...

Thit topic pops up every year or so. But seeing the recent Lego Kingdom sets, I can´t help but wonder... Is a MOTU Lego series on its way?
    I mean, apart from taking a look in the customs forums and seeing lots of fantastic lego creations there of our favorite MOTU stuff, the new summer wave of Lego kingdom sets have some brand new weapons and accessories that scream MOTU to me.
    Take a look:

He-Man sword and axe, Evil-Lyn staff!
    Plus the Sorceress-thingies in the Pharao´s Quest theme... I really think they are up to something!
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    That's really something!

I would prefer mini-mates MOTU, but Lego would be cool too!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I doubt we'd see anything like this until a movie came out, for one thing. Apparently, besides Star Wars a lot of the licensed LEGO toys aren't that profitable for the company. Also, it's far more likely that Mattel would make a foray into the building brick market of their own before they'd partner with LEGO, sort of like what Hasbro is doing with their KRE-O line of brick builder Transformers.