Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Lego?

I would absolutely love Lego MOTU!

Heroic Warrior
    I personally always hated Lego, so some Lego MOTU stuff would be a sure pass as far as I'm concerned...

I would buy every single set. I just got back in to lego and have already spent waaaaaay too much on the Star Wars and Indiana Jones sets!!!
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

Quote Originally Posted by beastor View Post
    I would buy every single set. I just got back in to lego and have already spent waaaaaay too much on the Star Wars and Indiana Jones sets!!!
    More or less the same here, bro(/sis)!
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not a LEGO collector, so I wouldn't buy any, but if it would get us a LEGO MOTU video game, I'm all for it! Even though I ordinarily tend to skew towards RPGs in my gaming, the LEGO games that come out every year are some of the ones I most look forward to.

Even with 10,000 votes many of the Cuuso ideas and proposals get rejected based on Copyrights and stuff. A MLP Cuuso got over that, as well as a firefly model, but both were rejected on rights.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Heroic Warrior

Fabulous secret powers revealed

Well, also our .orger fellow Marwarscreator does spectacular lego MOTU build & characters customs:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...t-LEGO-project

Wow! For real!
    (These are official LEGO sets.)

Teenage Mutant Ninja LEGO Debut at New York Comic-Con
    http://kotaku.com/5950862/teenage-mu...york-comic+con

As you can see, such a kind of joint venture is far from impossible, if the involved companies are willing!

I'm kind of suprised they arn't Mini Mates yet. Lego's would be great.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Man, all the cool kids are getting their own Legos...

Heroic Podcaster
    Lego has made such quality toys for so long, it is no wonder they are one of the wolrd's most trusted brands, and not just toy brands, ANY company brand. Some publitcation compiled data on this a few years ago and Lego was Top-5 out of all companies in the world. Just amazing.

I recently had to seel my Lego collections (LotR, Star Wars, Spongebob, Batman, Marvel) to clear space for MOTU and sold my Harry Potter and Toy Story Lego collections a few years back. Would be funny to get back into LEGO because they were MOTU and then have to make room by readjusting the MOTU collection.

Would buy a TON of these if they ever got made, including multiple Castle Grayskulls. You know theirs would be cool but you'd want to have 3 or 4 to really make a 4-sided, enclosed, to-scale Grayskull.

And the LEGO video games are almost always awesome. Might be too much to hope for but you never know! TMNT only got it because of a new cartoon but their may be hope that MOTU gets in bed with LEGO someday if the contract is right for both companies.
    Angella Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MultiBot NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

It just occurred to me. With GI Joe getting Kre-O's soon, He-Man is the only one of the "big 3" not to have building sets based off them. Sadness.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Lego has made such quality toys for so long, it is no wonder they are one of the wolrd's most trusted brands, and not just toy brands, ANY company brand. Some publitcation compiled data on this a few years ago and Lego was Top-5 out of all companies in the world. Just amazing.[...]

Would buy a TON of these if they ever got made, including multiple Castle Grayskulls. You know theirs would be cool but you'd want to have 3 or 4 to really make a 4-sided, enclosed, to-scale Grayskull.

And the LEGO video games are almost always awesome. Might be too much to hope for but you never know! TMNT only got it because of a new cartoon but their may be hope that MOTU gets in bed with LEGO someday if the contract is right for both companies.
    Amen to any single word of that, man!

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Lego has made such quality toys for so long, it is no wonder they are one of the wolrd's most trusted brands, and not just toy brands, ANY company brand. Some publitcation compiled data on this a few years ago and Lego was Top-5 out of all companies in the world. Just amazing.

I recently had to seel my Lego collections (LotR, Star Wars, Spongebob, Batman, Marvel) to clear space for MOTU and sold my Harry Potter and Toy Story Lego collections a few years back. Would be funny to get back into LEGO because they were MOTU and then have to make room by readjusting the MOTU collection.

I didn't even consider a MOTU Lego video game. Toss in the She-Ra license and some voice acting, I would pre-order it yesterday.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    It just occurred to me. With GI Joe getting Kre-O's soon, He-Man is the only one of the "big 3" not to have building sets based off them. Sadness.
    I guess I don't know what the "big 3" are? Because certainly Star Wars, Transfomers, and GI Joe are bigger than Masters? And not to mention Marvel and DC which are also have had bigger toy presences, and not to mention TMNT and WWE(F).

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    I mocked up the Mer-Man tonight

P1030385.jpg
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

I would totally buy these! I would like a Lego He-Man video game even more though!!!! The Turtles looked pretty cool though.

I hate it when this topic comes up, because I would love Lego MOTU. I would buy them all! I get excited when I see this thread thinking something was announced, especially right around an event like NYCC. This would be the perfect medium to do MOTU because they could do all the playsets, figures, and vehicles, with no problems at all. Please give me this one wish!!

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    the lego turtles are amazing apart from mikes nunchucks, c'mon lego that's the best you can do?
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Thrahsor would like to see MotU Lego sets! Totally rad!
    The most radical zombie, in all Eternia!
    YouTube: Mal TV - Metal, Toys, Video Games, & Beyond!

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I guess I don't know what the "big 3" are? Because certainly Star Wars, Transfomers, and GI Joe are bigger than Masters? And not to mention Marvel and DC which are also have had bigger toy presences, and not to mention TMNT and WWE(F).
    The 'big three' boys cartoons of the 80's as I have always known them were He-Man, GI Joe, and Transformers.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I would totally buy these! I would like a Lego He-Man video game even more though!!!! The Turtles looked pretty cool though.
    For sure. A He-Man Lego video game like the latest dc Batman game would totally rock. Having actual Legos to build would rock too.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    The 'big three' boys cartoons of the 80's as I have always known them were He-Man, GI Joe, and Transformers.
    i would add thundercats to that as well!
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

I think mega bloks would do a better job with motu theamed playsets and mini figs I would buy em.

Quote Originally Posted by braxsis364 View Post
    I think mega bloks would do a better job with motu theamed playsets and mini figs I would buy em.
    Sir/madam! I beg to vehemently differ!

The singular beauty of LEGO license is that they usually "reinterpret" the license blending that with that LEGO flavor, adding a lot to the final result, expanding in some way the mythos... while MegaBlocks tend to be rather literal.

Confront the job done with Pirates of the Caribbean (a very good example, being a license which have been hold in different times by both company): MegaBlocks' version is more "adherent" to the franchise, a more immediate translation, but LEGO's version is immensely more charming, a worthy reinterpretation, and more fully compatible with existing sets too.

The execution quality and general QC (painting/print and whatnot) is also completely on other level, with LEGO having the lead by far!

Just my 2 studs