Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Lego?

Quote Originally Posted by GozzoMan View Post
    Sir/madam! I beg to vehemently differ!

The singular beauty of LEGO license is that they usually "reinterpret" the license blending that with that LEGO flavor, adding a lot to the final result, expanding in some way the mythos... while MegaBlocks tend to be rather literal.

Confront the job done with Pirates of the Caribbean (a very good example, being a license which have been hold in different times by both company): MegaBlocks' version is more "adherent" to the franchise, a more immediate translation, but LEGO's version is immensely more charming, a worthy reinterpretation, and more fully compatible with existing sets too.

The execution quality and general QC (painting/print and whatnot) is also completely on other level, with LEGO having the lead by far!

Just my 2 studs
    Quoted for truth!
    I actually have a good chunk of my old "MOTUC budget" now being spent on Legos. To me, it has the same nostalgia value as with MOTU, but non of the QC headaches
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    When you think about it, it makes perfect sense. It really is a match made in, well, Eternia! The vehicles, figures, castles, creatures, mini-sets, etc.. there is WAY to much potential within the MOTU world.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I get excited every time I see this thread pop up. I really want this and have to check to see if there is some amazing news about Lego MOTU. I will keep checking and maybe Mattel will deliver one of these days. Actually, does Mattel have to give the rights, or would Classic Media, or who ever owns MOTU now, be able to license these out..like the Kooky things and such?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    MOTU Lego would totally rule, I would buy every different set they release. Can you imagine things like a Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, Monstroid, Tri-Klops's Lab, Mer-Man's sea attack, Vine Jungle playset??
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Podcaster
    Mattel should be begging LEGO to team up with them. Mattel signs some papers and rakes in the cash while LEGO does all their standard amazing work.

I would love to see...

--- $10-$15 sets
    - POWER SWORD CLASH (He-Man, Skeletor, some scenery - the 'gateway drug' of the collection )
    - HE-MAN and BATTLE CAT (He-Man, Battle Cat)
    - SKELETOR and PANTHOR (Skeletor, Panthor)
    - FISTO and STRIDOR (Fisto, Stridor - you could have a whole run of these be like the vintage 2-packs)
    - ROAD RIPPER (Road Ripper, Mekaneck)
    - LASER BOLT (Laser Bolt, Blast Attak)
    - COASTAL AMBUSH (Man-E-Faces with Sky Sled, Mer-Man, Clawful)
    - JUNGLE STRIKE (Beast Man, Moss Man)

--- $40-$50 sets
    - BATTLE RAM (Battle Ram, Man-At-Arms, Night Stalker, Jitsu)
    - SPYDOR ATTACKS! (BA He-Man, Hordak, Grizzlor, Spydor)
    - SLIME PIT ESCAPE! ('slimed' He-Man, Leech, Slime Pit, maybe a slime monster)
    - WIND RAIDER (Wind Raider, Zodac, Thunder Punch He-Man, Tri-Klops with a small flying machine)
    - REPTILE SWAMP (made up for the Snake Men to have a 'base', King Hiss, Kobra Khan, Rattlor)

--- $75-$100 sets
    - FRIGHT ZONE (Hurricane Hordak, Mosquitor, Dragstor, Teela, Stratos, Fright Zone)
    - POINT DREAD (Point Dread that attaches to Grayskull, Talon Fighter, Trap Jaw, Sy-Klone, Ninjor, Buzz-Off, Stinkor)

--- $150 sets
    - CASTLE GRAYSKULL (He-Man, Prince Adam - with a way to 'transform them, ala BatCave - Sorceress, BA Skeletor, Teela, Ram Man, Grayskull)
    - SNAKE MOUNTAIN (TC Skeletor, Beast Man, Mer Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Scare Glow, Extendar, He-Man, Zodac)

--- $200+
    - BATTLE for ETERNIA (Randor, Rio Blast, Titus, Megator, Clamp Champ, Snout Spout, Roboto, Two Bad, King Hiss, Tung Lashor, Snake Face)

We'd get multiple He-Man and Skeletor figures of course, along with a few others. But the BA variants would only require a torso swap for a LEGO figure, just like MOTU! I think that is another reason it would translate so well - you can't mistake a MOTU figure because of their shared parts and style and that holds doubly true for LEGO - they hold together in one universe so seamlessly.

With Harry Potter, Spongebob, LotR, DC, Marvel, Pirates and, if I heard correctly, GIJoe all getting LEGO lines and Transformers getting Kre-O and HALO and WoW getting MegaBloks, I think MOTU has at least a longshot of getting in on this. Especially if that new movie ever happens.

I'd buy MOTU from any of those companies (LEGO, Kre-O, MegaBloks) but I REALLY hope it's LEGO.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

I would love to see MOTU LEGO sets, but it isn't going to happen. LEGO sticks to licensed properties that have large media tie-ins such as movies or ongoing television shows. Even if a new movie comes out I'm not sure MOTU is a large enough brand for LEGO to want to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Mattel should be begging LEGO to team up with them. Mattel signs some papers and rakes in the cash while LEGO does all their standard amazing work.

I would love to see...

--- $10-$15 sets
    - POWER SWORD CLASH (He-Man, Skeletor, some scenery - the 'gateway drug' of the collection )
    - HE-MAN and BATTLE CAT (He-Man, Battle Cat)
    - SKELETOR and PANTHOR (Skeletor, Panthor)
    - FISTO and STRIDOR (Fisto, Stridor - you could have a whole run of these be like the vintage 2-packs)
    - ROAD RIPPER (Road Ripper, Mekaneck)
    - LASER BOLT (Laser Bolt, Blast Attak)
    - COASTAL AMBUSH (Man-E-Faces with Sky Sled, Mer-Man, Clawful)
    - JUNGLE STRIKE (Beast Man, Moss Man)

--- $40-$50 sets
    - BATTLE RAM (Battle Ram, Man-At-Arms, Night Stalker, Jitsu)
    - SPYDOR ATTACKS! (BA He-Man, Hordak, Grizzlor, Spydor)
    - SLIME PIT ESCAPE! ('slimed' He-Man, Leech, Slime Pit, maybe a slime monster)
    - WIND RAIDER (Wind Raider, Zodac, Thunder Punch He-Man, Tri-Klops with a small flying machine)
    - REPTILE SWAMP (made up for the Snake Men to have a 'base', King Hiss, Kobra Khan, Rattlor)

--- $75-$100 sets
    - FRIGHT ZONE (Hurricane Hordak, Mosquitor, Dragstor, Teela, Stratos, Fright Zone)
    - POINT DREAD (Point Dread that attaches to Grayskull, Talon Fighter, Trap Jaw, Sy-Klone, Ninjor, Buzz-Off, Stinkor)

--- $150 sets
    - CASTLE GRAYSKULL (He-Man, Prince Adam - with a way to 'transform them, ala BatCave - Sorceress, BA Skeletor, Teela, Ram Man, Grayskull)
    - SNAKE MOUNTAIN (TC Skeletor, Beast Man, Mer Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Scare Glow, Extendar, He-Man, Zodac)

--- $200+
    - BATTLE for ETERNIA (Randor, Rio Blast, Titus, Megator, Clamp Champ, Snout Spout, Roboto, Two Bad, King Hiss, Tung Lashor, Snake Face)

We'd get multiple He-Man and Skeletor figures of course, along with a few others. But the BA variants would only require a torso swap for a LEGO figure, just like MOTU! I think that is another reason it would translate so well - you can't mistake a MOTU figure because of their shared parts and style and that holds doubly true for LEGO - they hold together in one universe so seamlessly.

With Harry Potter, Spongebob, LotR, DC, Marvel, Pirates and, if I heard correctly, GIJoe all getting LEGO lines and Transformers getting Kre-O and HALO and WoW getting MegaBloks, I think MOTU has at least a longshot of getting in on this. Especially if that new movie ever happens.

I'd buy MOTU from any of those companies (LEGO, Kre-O, MegaBloks) but I REALLY hope it's LEGO.
    GI Joe is getting Kre-O'd. Love the MOTU ideas, though!
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    LEGO quality is awesome, got some stuff from the late 70's and 80's and they still look new...

I tell myself Classics is my last line, but I would buy these in a heart beat, and have something to give to my kids, as they will never touch my vintage or classics until they are in their 20s.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Oddly enough, one of LEGO's more recent lines, Ninjago, features a villainous group called the Snake Clan and you can't look at them without thinking of the Snake Men.

MOTU Brick Builder Marwarscreator's Avatar
    In 2013 there will be some cool sets from the 'Legens of Chima' line:

Roadripper?

Attack Track?

Anyone else thinking Thundercats minifigs?
    -------------------------------------
    "By the Power of Plastic... I HAVE THE LEGO!"
    -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Marwarscreator View Post
    In 2013 there will be some cool sets from the 'Legens of Chima' line:
    Ooh, cool! In fact, at first glance, I do not especially like the actual overall style (dull colors?), but surely the setting has a lot of MOTU/Thundercats flavor!

And some cool minifig pieces are introduced, that can be used for MOTU-inspired building.

"The kingdom of Chima is a magical land in which very advanced species dominate. These creatures speak and act like people. They use vehicles and machines and live in amazing castles and fortresses. They have claws, teeth, tails, and some are equipped with wings. Now they are at war with each other...

"Chima was once a pure, natural paradise, but heavily armed barbarian species have changed it and now best friends have become sworn enemies of each other. Ruthless weapons destroyed the once sacred temples. Blood-thirsty vehicles battle each other in fatal duels in the forest.

"The creatures are fiercely fighting over a powerful natural resource called Chi. which is the source of life but also unimaginable destruction.

"Only a few brave heroes in Chima understand the true nature of Chi, and that its misuse leads to the total destruction of Chima. The stories of these heroes and those who want to destroy them are known as ’The Legends of Chima'."

Last edited by GozzoMan; October 31, 2012 at 08:24am.
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Ooh, cool! In fact, at first glance, I do not especially like the actual overall style (dull colors?), but surely the setting has a lot of MOTU/Thundercats flavor!

And some cool minifig pieces are introduced, that can be used for MOTU-inspired building.

"The kingdom of Chima is a magical land in which very advanced species dominate. These creatures speak and act like people. They use vehicles and machines and live in amazing castles and fortresses. They have claws, teeth, tails, and some are equipped with wings. Now they are at war with each other...

"Chima was once a pure, natural paradise, but heavily armed barbarian species have changed it and now best friends have become sworn enemies of each other. Ruthless weapons destroyed the once sacred temples. Blood-thirsty vehicles battle each other in fatal duels in the forest.

"The creatures are fiercely fighting over a powerful natural resource called Chi. which is the source of life but also unimaginable destruction.

"Only a few brave heroes in Chima understand the true nature of Chi, and that its misuse leads to the total destruction of Chima. The stories of these heroes and those who want to destroy them are known as ’The Legends of Chima'."

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...a_poster_2.PNG
    That series looks awesome! Lego really has become the most creative property in the toy aisles.

Snappy Threader
    SunDevil those are great ideas....I would so love this. Please make this happen, and a game too....

Well, also our .orger fellow Marwarscreator does spectacular lego MOTU build & characters customs:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...t-LEGO-project

yeah!! i followed his MOTU lego work closely and this guy definitely deserves more recognition for his designs - some of these are beyond amazing, they actually could be the real thing! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Was just jumping on to say that one of the recent LOTR sets has weapons similar to hemans weapons and that the legends of chima has a vehicle similar to the road ripper.

However, I can see that both points have been covered within this thread.
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Look at this and cry!!
    Wouldn't be absolutely awesome to have something in this vein for MOTU??
    I would even consider to buy differently-LEGO-able building blocks!

Heroic Podcaster
    I'd even buy TWO of every MOTU Lego set - one to open, one to keep MIB just to keep that toystore feel. Madness, I tells ya!

Mattel! Sign the papers and take my money! (shameless Futurama rip-off!)
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I've been snapping up the GI Joe Kre-O's like crazy. And yes, it would be phenomenal to have a MOTU building block line. That's why I have a bunch of MOTU customs.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Lego should have a website where you can virtually build a set, and then order the pieces along with a print-out of the directions to build it.
    Just have a catalog of pre-existing parts (no stickers, or anything) and an existing color palette to use to build in a 3D environment. Have a "price per piece" scenario. 0-100 pieces = $12, 101-200 = $24, etc.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    You used to be able to do just that with Lego's Digital Designer. However, they ended the "buy your creation" element back in January of last year. You can still design your creation with the program. If you're really ambitious, you can probably order the pieces from their pick-a-brick service or Bricklink and build it yourself.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I dunno if anyone noticed, but Mega Bloks has the Hot Wheel license this year. Dunno why...seems like and odd choice. But still: Mattel at least has a connection to a building toyline. Might only be Hot Wheels, but it's something.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    You used to be able to do just that with Lego's Digital Designer. However, they ended the "buy your creation" element back in January of last year. You can still design your creation with the program. If you're really ambitious, you can probably order the pieces from their pick-a-brick service or Bricklink and build it yourself.
    Wow...never knew that. Are there are a lot of brick choices to choose from or are they just your standard shapes?

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I dunno if anyone noticed, but Mega Bloks has the Hot Wheel license this year. Dunno why...seems like and odd choice. But still: Mattel at least has a connection to a building toyline. Might only be Hot Wheels, but it's something.
    Idk if this mentioned anywhere but Mega Bloks makes Barbie sets as well. I don't like the way mega Bloks does their mini figures so they wouldn't be my 1st choice but I'd probably still buy them

- - - Updated - - -

Look at this and cry!!
    Wouldn't be absolutely awesome to have something in this vein for MOTU??
    I would even consider to buy differently-LEGO-able building blocks!
    Yea the GI Joe Kreo stuff is awesome. The sets are nice and the figures are great. I have some of the figures and one ninja set already and plan to get some more. I also like how the transformer kreo figures look and picked some of those up
    Most Wanted MOTUC's not shown: Quake, Sagitar, Dark Dream, Filmation Garth (post transformation), Filmation Evil Seed, MYP Miro, Lord Masque

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Urgh! Of all the differently-LEGO-able building blocks, I frigging hate Mega... But if that would be the only way we can have LEGO-esque MOTU, I'm biting it!