Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: MOTUC Lego?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    First of all, Megabloks is clearly inferior to LEGO when it comes to quality and assembly, and second of all, Megabloks isn't a pure brick format toy like LEGO, it's a mixture of already cheated molds and action figures with bricks. You better off sticking with action-figure toy lines like Mattel's if you're looking for accuracy.
    Also if you are a collector, LEGO is what normally holds the high market value.
    Reminds me of a scene from a Family Guy episode:

Peter: "You got Legos? Aw, sweet! Lois only buys me Mega Bloks."
    Lois: "They're the same thing, Peter."
    Peter: "You know what, Lois? They are not the same thing. And the sooner you get that through your thick skull, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track."

Heroic Warrior
    Yes clearly Family Guy is the basis of all logical thought in the cosmos ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestermon View Post
    Mega BLoks is clearly not inferior they do exactly the same thing hook together to make shapes, Lego was the original clone brand, but somehow everyone forgets this.

Lego wouldn't try to shut these other "clone" companies down if they weren't taking a large amount amount of their perceived market profits.

Lego isn't a "pure" brick format either, they have tons of minifigures,animals,rounded shapes,turkey legs,fish,levers,weapons, and many unique elements that aren't bricks, have you Lego sets before?

I am sure people would drop Lego if they turned all mini figures into block built pieces, if they were just all bricks and no unique elements why would anyone buy a set, they could just get the instructions and build it themselves.

Well I collect but I don't buy toys for there market value.
    Well, we agree to disagree. I'm not gonna argue with you because it's pointless. Simply ask people who have both brands.
    As far as my pure brick comment, all I meant was the LEGO molds can be used and reused in all themes and most of the builds, it's a system that is universal.

And this is the first time I hear that LEGO is a clone brand!!! Would you be kind enough to share the original company who invented the brick system that LEGO copied?
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior
    Kiddicraft, Lego tends not to mention their early on industrial espionage it in their historical info.

Not trying to argue just saying they are the pot calling the kettle black.

I've never been a fan of Lego being to specific. I much prefer it being generic medieval or space men or modern day people etc rather than specifically Harry Potter, Batman, Star Wars etc. If I want specific characters I want them in far better size an detail than Lego, even though I do like Lego.

Kiddicraft, Lego tends not to mention their early on industrial espionage it in their historical info.

Not trying to argue just saying they are the pot calling the kettle black.
    I've heard of that name before... Oh I remember now, via brickipedia. But I though it was an early development process that LEGO acquired later on... Interesting enough though. Thanks a lot for sharing, I'd appreciate it.
    I'll do my little research on the subject and see if LEGO mentions it in their history catalogs or not.

Nope would want Mega bloks to do it so the sets would look good and we could have poseable battle cat and hema figures not blocky toys that have painted on design and have to fake poses on their boxes to make it look as if they move.

Could have single packs that came with Weapons racks with additional weapons and they would be affordable.

I don't understand how paople can say static lego figures could look as good as this if it were a battle cat figure.
    I'm sorry but no thank you. Call me a brick snob but I'm not buying inferior products on a large scale even if it's MOTU and POP. I have 2 Smurf sets from MB and there were a like 10 parts to the mushroom house, where is the fun in that. Yeah they don't cost as much as LEGO but that's because the same design and quality is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    First of all, Megabloks is clearly inferior to LEGO when it comes to quality and assembly, and second of all, Megabloks isn't a pure brick format toy like LEGO, it's a mixture of already cheated molds and action figures with bricks. You better off sticking with action-figure toy lines like Mattel's if you're looking for accuracy.
    Also if you are a collector, LEGO is what normally holds the high market value.
    I agree 100%. In recent years LEGO has been making more and more unique parts that are more rounded and such but you still have to build a majority of the set. Kre-O is better in that regard than Mega Block.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    I'm wondering when were Legos ever just bricks in recent times, I had sets back in the 80's and they still had many unique elements and minifigures.

Were their ever official brick built people?

Heroic Warrior
    As a big time lego collector I find it laughable that someone could compare them to mega bloks. The quality, fit, durability of Lego blows mega bloks away. Lego quality control is on a completely different level than mega blok, kre-o and any other plastic building toy.

This site: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Minifigure is a great reference for the history of minifigures and lego in general. Lego still comes out with new building elements all of the time, but all of the sets still use vintage style "bricks."

I'm wondering when were Legos ever just bricks in recent times, I had sets back in the 80's and they still had many unique elements and minifigures.

Were their ever official brick built people?
    Technically, most LEGO parts are somehow considered "bricks". (bricks, plates, tiles, slopes, round elements, accessories, special elements, minifig-parts, etc...) Also, like any other product out there, LEGO is an evolving toy, many elements and colors are introduced every year, and for builders/customizers like me, it's an endless treasure hunt, you never can get enough.

And BTW, yes you could find official brick-based built people mainly in the 70's, and or in the basic sets, also what we consider nowadays the miniland scaled figures, and in some unique sculpture sets.

Yes clearly Family Guy is the basis of all logical thought in the cosmos ha.
    I never said it was. I just said this topic reminded me of an episode of that show