Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Lego?

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    This would be way down the line. If a new animated series comes and a new retail toy line that is a success, then Mattel would consider expanding the MOTU brand into generic lego and call is construction pieces or something.

I'm surprised they haven't done something like that with DC Universe. I think they are waiting for LEGO Batman license to expire.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I know it is certainly reaching but you can't help but see the similarities in those weapons. Could this in fact be one of the 5 announcements

A property that has no active media going on? For what would they be paying the license for exactly, a property that their customers (today's kids) do not know? Don't you usually buy a license in hopes of increasing sales due to brand being known or being a favourite among your customer group?

Having double sided axe and staff with sort of claw holding an orb isn't exactly exclusive to Masters in usage.

The only thing I'd be interested in would be Lego: MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE The Video Game. It would be a lot of fun, and it would appeal to all ages. Also it would allow us to plays as pretty much everyone from the franchise since character possibilities are almost endless.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mk476 View Post
    The only thing I'd be interested in would be Lego: MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE The Video Game. It would be a lot of fun, and it would appeal to all ages. Also it would allow us to plays as pretty much everyone from the franchise since character possibilities are almost endless.
    problem with the lego games (even though i love them) you havewith 5 different characters with 60 skins
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Please don't start with LEGO: motu, cause I'll go bankrupt. I collect MOTUC, NECA horror figurines and LEGO: star wars. I love brand clothes and go out a lot.

No I would love to see the designs and for army building it would be great with all the vehicles and stuff. But I don't think the property is popular enough to create a billion dollar lego line.

Quote Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
    problem with the lego games (even though i love them) you havewith 5 different characters with 60 skins
    Very true, but I really want a game that will allow for play as different characters. Ideally it would be a game like Marvel Ultimate Alliance or X-Men Legends, but I'd settle for Lego.

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar

Masters of the Universe Lego

I was on a very long drive today, with a lot of time to think, and the thought that popped into my head was how awesome it would be if Masters of the Universe were translated into Lego. Now I have no idea whether or not anyone is actually trying to make this happen, but I think that they really should. I mean, what better way to get the product out there than Lego? And all of the great vehicles and play sets that could be created for the Lego would rival the coolness of even Star Wars! Just think, Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, the Wind Raider, even the Three Towers; it would be perfect for Lego. What does everyone think, good idea?
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"

Heroic Warrior
    Makes sense... Lego does the DC Universe characters, It's only right that they do MOTU.

Good idea!

Apparently not such an original idea after all. Hmm, when I did a search for this nothing popped up, yet here it is. Oh well, still an idea that should be made, and possibly the only way we'll ever have a true figure-sized Castle Grayskull.

I would LOVE this!

LEGO is one of my all time favorite toy brands. I've been a fan since I was toddler with Duplo, and I still buy LEGOs today. LEGOs are such a great toy line and have done some really great movie/license lines. Sadly without a movie and media to back it I doubt LEGO would license the rights. LEGO is doing Lord of the Rings, 8 years after the last film, so anything could happen.

My LEGO MOTU wishlist:
    Castle Grayskull: It would be a large set for sure with both the exterior of the castle with working drawbridge and internal throne room. Mini figures Adam, He-Man, The Sorceress, Zoar, Battlecat,
    Snake Mountain: I'd want it to be more like the Filmation SM with throne, traps, and dungeon. Skeletor, Evil Lyn, Beastman, Panthor,
    Wind Raider: He-Man, Man at Arms, Ram-Man Minifigures
    Roton: Tri Klops and Trap Jaw
    Battle-Ram/Sky sled: Split apart Sky sled with Teela and Orko Minifigures.
    Fright Zone: Hordak, Catra, Shadow Weaver, Mantena, Horde Troopers
    Whispering Woods: Playset of rebels camp and some trees. She-Ra, Adora, Swfty, Bow, Glimmer

This is just a quick idea, the sets would most likely have a mix of good an bad characters in each.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

after seeing what Lego is doing with LOTR i think MOTU would rock as legos!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Warrior
    I would be forced to pay the insane Lego prices for every toy they made x2 just so my son wouldnt bug me about them. But ultimately , it would be a gateway for a Lego Motu Game , which if anyone has played any of the Lego games (star wars , batman, indiana jones, harry potter , pirates) knows these are amazing games.

IF there ever is a MOTU Movie, I would say we could very well EXPECT Lego MOTU in conjuction with it. It would be epic....

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I JUST started collecting Lego again with the DC Superheroes line!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Foe Man View Post
    Apparently not such an original idea after all. Hmm, when I did a search for this nothing popped up, yet here it is. Oh well, still an idea that should be made, and possibly the only way we'll ever have a true figure-sized Castle Grayskull.
    I don't know how you searched, but I always use the Advanced Search and search by thread titles. It seems to work well for me.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

this would be AWESOME! When LEGO first started doing SWARS, it was like they peeked inside my head and figured out the perfect way to separate me from my money. He-man and LEGO makes perfect sense and the sooner they figure out this deal, the better. Imagine what they could do with this...hope this happens

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I don't know how you searched, but I always use the Advanced Search and search by thread titles. It seems to work well for me.
    Apparently, my search skills could use a bit of refinement.

Heroic Warrior
    After the whole NECA ordeal I'd be SHOCKED if Mattel ever allowed the MOTU brand to be outsource again.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    After the whole NECA ordeal I'd be SHOCKED if Mattel ever allowed the MOTU brand to be outsource again.
    um they are already outsourcing it

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    um they are already outsourcing it
    For sculpting not retailing- unless the Grayskull door was sold by Mattel although I recall NECA being the one who has been sued over state lines before by a fan as opposed to Mattel.

If you meant things like the kooky cans, dvd's and apparel- that's Classic Media who is working in conjunction with Mattel but that also is info few are privy to; what exactly was in it for CM other than access to Mattel's characters I'd assume? Regardless it's an initiative by CM using the characters they have rights to already for the time being.

EDIT: Also the bobble heads which are also CM deal not Mattel.

Heroic Warrior
    LEGO in comparison to any other toy , mabye ever , might be the single most successful toy brand in history . Perhaps they do the asking , like an invite only club to join the ranks.

Pretty high company if you think about it
    Star Wars (LucasArts)
    Harry Potter
    DC Comics
    Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney)
    Indiana Jones (LucasArts)

And the success of their own lines are pretty impressive
    Bionicles - Hero Factory
    Ninjago - just to name a couple ive seen grow recently

Oh did I mention Lego-Land ? Ive never been but I mean, they have their own THEME PARK ! (ok uber dork moment thinkign about a Lego MOTU area in Lego Land)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlitzer View Post
    LEGO in comparison to any other toy , mabye ever , might be the single most successful toy brand in history . Perhaps they do the asking , like an invite only club to join the ranks.

Pretty high company if you think about it
    Star Wars (LucasArts)
    Harry Potter
    DC Comics
    Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney)
    Indiana Jones (LucasArts)

And the success of their own lines are pretty impressive
    Bionicles - Hero Factory
    Ninjago - just to name a couple ive seen grow recently

Oh did I mention Lego-Land ? Ive never been but I mean, they have their own THEME PARK ! (ok uber dork moment thinkign about a Lego MOTU area in Lego Land)
    The problem again though is that those are all viable properties as far as current media visibility and marketing goes whereas He-Man and MOTU as a brand are a small time thing at least for now.

I agree though that Mattel could learn a thing or two from Lego on how to grow your own in-house branding for sure.

Heroic Warrior
    Indeed , MOTU would absolutely need at LEAST a movie to get considered. Aside from BATMAN , those others mentioned had at least FOUR movies to go on. (well indiana jones 3 , then added the 4th, but still) .

come to think of it , im not sure what canon they used for the batman game, mabye they told there own story there (the game i mean)

Hey All,

There may be a way to actually have this done, Lego has kickstarter type site which allows anyone to suggest a new lego product, its called Lego Cuusoo.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/

If we post it and enough of us support it Lego will build a prototype and look into its mass production feasibility. Matty would have to okay it and most likely post it but it would give them a great way to see just how much support there is for this idea. The Minecraft game did it and now Lego is making the prototype. So who's up for this?

Heroic Warrior
    I took a quick peak and saw Lego BTTF ! ! Im totally down , ill check it out tomorrow!