Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Lego?

Heroic Warrior
    Will never happen.

This could happen possibly if a movie is made! If lego does MOTU I would imagine it will rock.. the new upcoming DC, Marvel, and LotR lines all look amazing!

If someone createas a, say, Castle Grayskull and posts it on Cuusoo, and that model gets 10,000 votes, Lego is committed to making it. That's what Minecraft fans did! Cuusoo is at http://lego.cuusoo.com/
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

I would love MOTU LEGO!

Second on my list after a (decent) videogame.

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    If someone createas a, say, Castle Grayskull and posts it on Cuusoo, and that model gets 10,000 votes, Lego is committed to making it. That's what Minecraft fans did! Cuusoo is at http://lego.cuusoo.com/
    The way to go!

Of course LEGO will still need Mattel on the wagon, but once Mattel higher-ups see enough interest for the quick buck they like oh-so-much (since the design would be already done, and the bricks available with no tooling, and the logistics on LEGO's shoulder), it could even work out.
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I seriously doubt it would happen, unless Mattel puts out something to compete with Hasbor's Lego knock-offs. It would be an absolutely perfect property for that treatment, though, with vehicles and playsets of varying sizes and varying price points which suit the Lego model. And we could get a really complete Grayskull this way, both exterior and interior. My wallet would scream, though, as I would be VERY hard pressed to resist them...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    Oh man, Lego Castle Grayskull? Sold!
    It will never happen with only the 200 of us on here.......
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

I think posting a desgin on the Lego site is a great idea. I know I would support it.

Anyone working on anything to post up there?
    I think the Battleram, Wind Raider, Castle Grayskull, Roton, Landshark, and Stridor/Night Stalker would be good places to start.

Although I love Lego and would surely support MOTU Lego, I would much rather prefer resources to be put towards more vehicles and playsets in the MOTUC line.
    Who is the real protector of Grayskull?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    Anyone working on anything to post up there?
    I think the Battleram, Wind Raider, Castle Grayskull, Roton, Landshark, and Stridor/Night Stalker would be good places to start.
    Something really really good appeared here, by Marwarscreator!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...t-LEGO-project

Quote Originally Posted by Benzie View Post
    Although I love Lego and would surely support MOTU Lego, I would much rather prefer resources to be put towards more vehicles and playsets in the MOTUC line.
    With the Cuusoo way, they practically don't need to put in any resources apart from saying: "yes, give us the royalties", the design will come from fans and the work from LEGO...
    Last edited by GozzoMan; February 28, 2012 at 12:07pm.

Y'know in a movie year, the pursuit of money makes for some strange bedfellows. But I think it's highly improbable. However, I just picked up a LEGO mini-fig size power sword on Shapeways with the intention of making my own.

***Please keep links items for sale in the appropriate Marketplace forum only. Thank you. ***

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    However, I just picked up a LEGO mini-fig size power sword on Shapeways with the intention of making my own.
    My jaw just dislocated itself

Classics / Lego's or KRE-O - A guy can dream cant he?

I had posted about this about 2 years ago but I wanted to bring it up again to keep the idea fresh in the minds of MOTUC fans. I think we need an ORG poll and petition to Mattel, KRE-O and or The Lego Group to be ready for a MOTUC line once a new movie is finally made. MOTUC has just as much cannon, charachters, scene's, etc as Star Wars or Transformers and for me this would be a dream come true. I loved Lego's as a child but I loved MOTU more! Lets be realistic here - a movie would have to become a reality, it would have to do well at the box office, and it would have to be a hit with kids. This would be a huge money making opportunity for all parties. I think I speak for most if not all MOTUC fans when I say I want to see an Eternia I can build myself! I mean can you imagine putting together your own Slime Pit? Your own Snake Mountain? Your own Grayskull? Your own Horde playset? Your own Attack-Track etc... Not to mention just how cool all the miniature figures would be. I personally would prefer KRE-O after seeing how well they handled the Transformers figures. What do you think? Would you prefer KRE-O or Lego's????
    PHP Code:
    J-DUBYA!! 

FEEDBACK LINK http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205315

J to the DUB at YA

Isn't KRE-O a Hasbro's brand?...
    Not happening!!

Lego would need to make hundreds of thousands to even consider MOTU...

Your best bet is with Mini-Mates...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Doesn't Hasbro own KRE-O? At least, US domestic? I would count them out.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

MOTUC Most Wanted: General Sunder, Mermista, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Saurod, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ninjor, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Peekablue, Perfuma, Enchantress, Lord Masque.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Heroic Warrior
    I like the idea of MOTU building block sets. Personally, I think it should be Mega Bloks instead of Lego or Kre-O. Kre-O belongs to Hasbro, Mattel's direct competition, and quite frankly I hate the Lego bodies due to their lack of articulation or any detail whatsoever. I like what Mega Bloks has done with the Halo license as well as their Marvel figures as well. I think Mega Bloks can make some really good mini figures of the MOTU.

I would love to see lego MOTU and POP. I was going to make some customs after seeing some awesome work on this site. And most of the new mini figs would be easy paint jobs! Look at the Pharoh from the Quest line, so sorceress! The vehicles would be amazing! Talon fighter and Lank Shark! GIMME GIMME!!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qa13GlKvkq...w-elements.jpg
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Isn't KRE-O a Hasbro's brand?...
    Not happening!!

Lego would need to make hundreds of thousands to even consider MOTU...

Your best bet is with Mini-Mates...
    Didnt even think about Hasbro - but still it would be better if it were KRE-O or maybe Mattel should just start their own builder line...
    PHP Code:
    J-DUBYA!! 

FEEDBACK LINK http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205315

J to the DUB at YA

I have many Lego sets and they are top notch. I bought a Kre-O set for my son and I was not impressed at all. The stickers didnt fit right, the construction was not as tight..just not impressed at all. I would buy every set if they made MOTU Legos though..probably not if any other company made them though.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDubya88788 View Post
    What do you think? Would you prefer KRE-O or Lego's????
    uhm, maybe mega bloks? the world of warcraft line is really awesome...

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    In a Diamond Select/ Art Asylum Q&A, thy asked about doing a Minimates line and were turned down. Look at the question by Edward Duarte

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=1&itemid=16777#
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

I have many Lego sets as well and would love Lego MOTU. Just imagine a Lego MOTU game, it'd be slapstick and fun but it might be the only way we'd get a MOTU game any time soon.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'm much more a fan of Playmobil than LEGO. But, alas, Playmobil doesn't normally do licensed products. So it's LEGO all the way. Please, no Kre-O or other LEGO surrogates; give us the original.

LEGO MotU would be awesome, just like LEGO Star Wars (and about the only way to get Eternos Palace or Whispering Woods playsets). So I don't know what they're waiting for—or well, I do: Mattel won't take any risk to promote the MotU brand themselves, and LEGO won't license the brand unless it's previously brought back to the forefront; so there has to be a successful 3rd-party licensed media (i.e., blockbuster movie) for it to happen.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by AximusPrime View Post
    I like the idea of MOTU building block sets. Personally, I think it should be Mega Bloks instead of Lego or Kre-O. Kre-O belongs to Hasbro, Mattel's direct competition, and quite frankly I hate the Lego bodies due to their lack of articulation or any detail whatsoever. I like what Mega Bloks has done with the Halo license as well as their Marvel figures as well. I think Mega Bloks can make some really good mini figures of the MOTU.
    I'm a long time LEGO collector and a builder since I was a 3 year old kid, and I can tell you, all the other cloned brands are inferior (or far inferior) in quality and design to the LEGO brand. If you want a MOTU building toy with endless of options, you can't go wrong with LEGO. However, it won't be cheap...
    Last edited by Darkkosis; October 3, 2012 at 12:14am.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

A close friend of mine is a brand manager there and I have petitioned to her a few times to see if it would be possible
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    the sea monster guy from the monster hunters line is basically mer-man just give him the trident from the blindbagged minifigure neptune ,the hoods for the lotr ringwraiths could be used for skeletor and the evil-lyn wand an he-man axe have appeared in the mines of moria set.

as a minimates fan i would love them to get the line but i can't see why they can't do both lego for the casual fan and minimates for the collectors
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!