Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Lego?

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Wow...never knew that. Are there are a lot of brick choices to choose from or are they just your standard shapes?
    I'm not really sure. I just found out about it recently and downloaded the program today. Haven't had a chance to play with it a lot.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

If it isn't lego I don't want to know, I would love a lego motu game.
    Come on mattel make it happen

Aaand speaking about genuine LEGO...

Just imagine what they could do with the MOTU license! Just. Imagine.
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    I spoke to some of the LEGO guys at London Toy Fair in January. After interviewing them about TMNT I asked if they were interested in Thundercats or MOTU. They all want too. They were really excitied about possible Grayskulls and such, however I was told that it wasn't being pursued. Now one reason I was given was that the vendor (Mattel) was doing it themselves, but I think they got confused with Hasbro's Kre-os there.

In other words the enthusiasm is there, its all red tape blocking the way.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Anyone seen these yet?
    Is Gregos Thomas an Org member? If this becomes a reality, I'll be the happiest collector on earth...
    8573903018_897b56b0aa_o.jpg
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Anyone seen these yet?
    Is Gregos Thomas an Org member? If this becomes a reality, I'll be the happiest collector on earth...
    If that's real I'd flip! I've had a long love affair with LEGO. This would be better than LEGO Star Wars. However, I have a feeling that that is nothing more than a fan mock up. Looks great though.

Quote Originally Posted by skelethon View Post
    If that's real I'd flip! I've had a long love affair with LEGO. This would be better than LEGO Star Wars. However, I have a feeling that that is nothing more than a fan mock up. Looks great though.
    It is definitely a fan's work, however the CG art on these is a professional quality similar to what normally LEGO uses. Sadly, I don't think Mattel will venture their property with LEGO anytime soon, unless there is something big is cooking behind the scenes!

Edit: they also could be custom minifigs done with high precision sculpting, it's hard to tell from that pic!
    Last edited by Darkkosis; March 21, 2013 at 09:01pm.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Anyone seen these yet?
    Where did that picture come from?
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    I would spend ALOT of money on MOTU Legos.

Anyone seen these yet?
    Oh man, if thats real I'd be extremely pleased. Can't imagine Mattel would ever go for it, but I'd give (almost) anything to be proven wrong. Like many of you, I've grown up with Lego so this was would be great. I recently got back into it as me and my son have been collecting the Ninja Turtle sets. Needless to say I'd spend a small fortune on He-Man themed Lego! In fact, I can't think of anything more entertaining than building Grayskull out of plastic green bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy White View Post
    I would spend ALOT of money on MOTU Legos.
    Yeah, you would HAVE to. Cause even the tiniest sets would be ridiculously overpriced. ALL their licensed themes are. And now with Chima being almost twice as expensive as similar sized sets from the past 5 years I expect new licensed themes to be even more expensive. Now donīt get me wrong. I would love to see Lego MOTU, but I would hate myself for paying that massive amount of money. And yes, I would buy them all.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

I am currently building the LEGO Deathstar and listening to RGD while I'm doin it too. But man, what I wouldn't give for them to have a MOTU line. The castle would have to be massive. I've put together the Masterpiece Millenium Falcon and own a lot of the Star Wars sets and the Batman sets and I know that if they got the MOTU license, it would be epic for us fans. They could do everything we wanted from a battle ram to Snake Mountain.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Anyone seen these yet?
    Friggin' awesome!!

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by GozzoMan View Post
    Friggin' awesome!!
    What's even more friggin awesome is that if Lego does a Castle Grayskull, it will likely be in scale with the figures and I'd even wager Lego He-Man could ride Lego Battle Cat through the Lego Jawbridge. It'll cost $250, but this would be one castle that would be worth the price.

Gawd I hope that was a real pic, nut I'm with Darkosis and think this is just a fan's work.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Behold the new Fug-Lee-Faces, for he is 10% more respectful of other peoples' feelings!
    Of course, your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    What's even more friggin awesome is that if Lego does a Castle Grayskull, it will likely be in scale with the figures and I'd even wager Lego He-Man could ride Lego Battle Cat through the Lego Jawbridge. It'll cost $250, but this would be one castle that would be worth the price.
    And even if it doesn't out-of-the-box, being LEGO LEGO, you can easily buy/use some extra pieces and make it so by yourself! Your perfect custom Castle Grayskull of your own!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    i would really love MOTU Lego, those figures are awesome!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I'd buy two boxes/cases of those minifigs in a second. Not to mention every other item they made. I need this to come to be.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Lego Castle Grayskull would only cost $129 to $150 max, IMO. But think of all the vehicles they could do. I am drooling at the thought. Alas, it will never happen as Mattel would go through a cheaper, lesser quality option, Mega Blocks, if this were to happen.

A bunch of my non-Classics buying friends stumbled across that picture and all told me they'd buy them in a heartbeat.

If it did happen then I would simply empty my bank balance as fast as possible in the direction of anyone stocking them...

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Lego Castle Grayskull would only cost $129 to $150 max, IMO. But think of all the vehicles they could do. I am drooling at the thought. Alas, it will never happen as Mattel would go through a cheaper, lesser quality option, Mega Blocks, if this were to happen.
    This indeed raises a good question, one that I have thought over and struggled with. Whilst I am also a lego fan, if the only option was Mega Bloks, would you still be happy to have it and buy it?

Curious to see if fans would accept mega Bloks if it meant it was getting made. Or would you hold out in the hope that lego ever does it? I see Mattel has allowed mega Bloks the Barbie property, maybe MOTU isn't too far behind?
    Last edited by vid.tracey; March 22, 2013 at 05:34pm.
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Lego Masters of the Universe would be the worst thing that could possibly happen...

...To my wallet!

It took a lot of willpower not to buy the Lego Batman and Star Wars sets but I don't think I could resist a Lego Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain!

Is that poster not real?! Dang! I literally leapt off my couch when I saw that why hasn't this happened yet? It seems like such a no-brainer to me!

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    Is that poster not real?! Dang! I literally leapt off my couch when I saw that why hasn't this happened yet? It seems like such a no-brainer to me!
    See my answer up top.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]